Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 51 of 179 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not prepared to write off a top 15 pick for Stringer just yet. Clubs will do what they think will benefit their team and Stringer will make a club stronger once he regains his focus.

I also believe we will keep him unless a good offer comes forward. Early days
    If he regains focus and that's a big if.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Could the club got one of the players close to Abbey to spill the beans.
    Meaning the club doesn't want to get rid of him but just to give him a big kick up the backside.
    They said he's on the table and want a good offer or he will stay.
    Rumors go out about his professionalism.
    Down to two clubs may be willing to take a chance.
    One drops off and they his ex drops a bombshell.
    Offers dropped off to minimal and the package is only a matchbox.
    In steps Bevo and tells him to pull his finger out because the football world doesn't want you.
    Stays on the list with a new attitude and wins a Brownlow in a complete turn around.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If he regains focus and that's a big if.
    He will regain it, it's just how quickly that happens clubs need to consider
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the Abby Gilmore article impacts the trade worth. The football industry largely knew about this anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly that Scott Clayton assessed Stringers value as mid first round but after the news over the last couple of weeks it might have pulled back a bit. When asked if he thought it was early in the 2nd round he dismissed it and said not that far back.

Based on Clayton's assessment that means probably somewhere between 12 and 17 and I think that makes some sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly that Scott Clayton assessed Stringers value as mid first round but after the news over the last couple of weeks it might have pulled back a bit. When asked if he thought it was early in the 2nd round he dismissed it and said not that far back.

Based on Clayton's assessment that means probably somewhere between 12 and 17 and I think that makes some sense to me.
    There's obviously a few factors at play, such as Stringer's headspace and our playing list's opinion on him, but hypothetically if we got offered a pick in the 11-20 range would you take it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    There's obviously a few factors at play, such as Stringer's headspace and our playing list's opinion on him, but hypothetically if we got offered a pick in the 11-20 range would you take it?
    I'd certainly consider anything inside of 15 positively but beyond that I'm not so sure. I'd also exhaust every chance to keep Stringer at the club between now and Friday but he would need to be very convincing that he wanted to be there and that he was switched on.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to side track things, wasn't Jake/Connors already meant to have publicly picked a club on their timetable?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sorry to side track things, wasn't Jake/Connors already meant to have publicly picked a club on their timetable?
    It was reportedly supposed to happen last Friday. Once Stringers ex went public I think it wrecked the timing of it. It needs to happen before Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I thought they said he would by the GF but that was said before the article. It might of complicated things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I don't think the Abby Gilmore article impacts the trade worth. The football industry largely knew about this anyway.
    The public didn't though. Can't really ignore that his recruitment would be a nightmare for PR.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

It was reportedly supposed to happen last Friday. Once Stringers ex went public I think it wrecked the timing of it. It needs to happen before Friday.
    I thought so. But I also think the silence may indicate things going on in the background, either by us, or by he & Connors. Like we've said, we don't want Essendon distracting us from our strategy in the trade period. But if Connors knows nothing is likely to happen because his value is below our expectation, he and his people might not want to spend days worth of time on a trade that won't happen. Perhaps, we all now know that all this time being taken up in a time sensitive window isn't worth it. It might be best for everyone to see if there's a way he can stay, and what he needs to do and if he will do it. Assuming we can see that working.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    The public didn't though. Can't really ignore that his recruitment would be a nightmare for PR.
    Especially clubs with AFLW teams. It's a problem of ours that we've had to mange, but voluntarily bringing that in to a club narrative of respect for women doesn't easily come together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Especially clubs with AFLW teams. It's a problem of ours that we've had to mange, but voluntarily bringing that in to a club narrative of respect for women doesn't easily come together.
    If I know anything about AFL or its clubs, it's that they will happily move along from pretending to respect women in order to add benefit to their mens' sides.

It's purely a judgement of how much will he help the side vs how many back page bullets can we take.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If I know anything about AFL or its clubs, it's that they will happily move along from pretending to respect women in order to add benefit to their mens' sides.

It's purely a judgement of how much will he help the side vs how many back page bullets can we take.

Are we talking the old "its just a massage" type respect for women? (ie No respect at all)
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.