Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 6 of 179 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Do we seriously have bulldog coloured glasses on when thinking about his trade value? What is the minimum you would accept? I noticed Cal Twoomey on afl.com.au mentioned essendons pick 11 is about right. Is that enough for people? To me that's the minimum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Do we seriously have bulldog coloured glasses on when thinking about his trade value? What is the minimum you would accept? I noticed Cal Twoomey on afl.com.au mentioned essendons pick 11 is about right. Is that enough for people? To me that's the minimum
    Depends a bit on the intel about Stringer's real issues. I think pick 11 is about right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Depends a bit on the intel about Stringer's real issues. I think pick 11 is about right.
    Agreed. Despite what supporters feel he is worth other clubs don't. We want to get rid of him and he comes with baggage. Clubs are weary of this and will not sell the farm for him. If we have not offloaded him early in the draft then someone will get a bargain as despite what Bevo says he won't be at the club next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    He was a pick 5 when we picked him up and became an AA player kicking over 50 goals.

I wouldn't be happy with anything over pick 10, plus a early 3rd rounder or player.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Agreed. Despite what supporters feel he is worth other clubs don't. We want to get rid of him and he comes with baggage. Clubs are weary of this and will not sell the farm for him. If we have not offloaded him early in the draft then someone will get a bargain as despite what Bevo says he won't be at the club next year.
    You are assuming that but we don't know that for sure. Bevo's word is good enough for me.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Conversely the later it goes the more desperate other clubs could get. Assuming Kelly signs, Stringer is the best player on the market

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    You are assuming that but we don't know that for sure. Bevo's word is good enough for me.
    Bevo is saying the right things but knowing deep down Stringer won't play with us anymore. Relationship is beyond repair and a deal will be done. They will take the best deal available and that could be done on the last day of trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo is saying the right things but knowing deep down Stringer won't play with us anymore. Relationship is beyond repair and a deal will be done. They will take the best deal available and that could be done on the last day of trade.
    How do you know this?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How do you know this?
    Funny how many people seem to know everything that's going on now. Didn't get much of this insider gossip during the year.

12. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Funny how many people seem to know everything that's going on now. Didn't get much of this insider gossip during the year.
    None of us can predict the future. The club could do anything and shock us all.

Post Thanks / Like

All we know is what Bevo said, in that Jake is as good as gone if we can get a decent deal. Jake has two reactions as far as I can see...

1. Empty his locker and find a team that takes all of 'the package' and baggage in a decent deal. Which will happen.
    2. He now has that rock bottom moment when 'all this shit just got real' and walks into the playing group, dedicates himself to their demands of professionalism and if they believe him, then he heads into Bevo's office pleading that he's a new man and that he will start preseason early and set about his life in a new direction for himself, his family and the kids we draft who look to him as an example (and maybe signs a cheap contract extension for putting everyone through this shit).

Either way, what we know is that it's up to Jake now. Take the easy street out, or swallow some pride and take the high road and fight to stay. In the WBFC footy sense, he's at rock bottom now. A gun whose contracted yet we don't want. Everyone loves a comeback kid who puts their hand up for mistakes, and turns that adversity into success. With media probably camped at WO we will know soon enough what direction he wants to take his footy and life.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Take the easy street out,
    However, it won't be easy street if he doesn't turn his life around. Whether it is with us or another club, if he wants to be an AFL player, he has to take the next step to being a true professional on and off the field.

So his real choices are yes or no to playing AFL.

16. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heard Cooney have a go at Bevo for what he said about Stringer. Said Stringer couldn't go back now. Said he would like to see him at Essendon. No mention of Stringer stuffing up as he is tight with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard Cooney have a go at Bevo for what he said about Stringer. Said Stringer couldn't go back now. Said he would like to see him at Essendon. No mention of Stringer stuffing up as he is tight with him.
    Yeah I heard that too. The Guy thinks he is an Essendon life member and has completely shunned the club that gave him an opportunity and where he played 219 games compared to 31 awful games. Can't stand listening to him. Same as Brain fader.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney can GAGF as far as I'm concerned on this topic. Nothing at you my friend.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes kruder, bornadog liked this post