Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 82 of 179 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2680
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Don't have to accept anything. Essendon's priorities seem to be Saad and Smith ahead of jake .
    Big wake up call, and let's see what transpires
    Maybe they think we'll cave.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    To me theres no coming back for Jake, he'll end up being traded but unfortunately it won't be a great deal for us.
    You've got that opinion listening to the constant incessant media noise on Stringer. I'd listen to what Bevo said before I'd listen to the drivel Eminating from the media. My ears are hurting from the many opinions now in football

3. Likes GVGjr, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    The thing is I think this is player driven as well so not sure how forgiving they will be..don't know it's pretty yucky all round
    All the commentary I've seen from the players is that if Jake stayed, they'd welcome him back and support him to play his best football as part of the group. Morris etc all know his value when straight and well prepared and have said as much. Bevo says it isn't irretrievable. Even if the players are demanding more from him, I think it is on the coaching group and footy GM to make this work, Jake too. If he stays, in some ways it is back in jake's court to have a strong contract year and demonstrate his worth and force the trade scenario. Who knows what happens there tough? Ryan O'Keefe was shopped around and wanted to walk when that fell through, stayed on and won a flag at Sydney.

5. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    All the commentary I've seen from the players is that if Jake stayed, they'd welcome him back and support him to play his best football as part of the group. Morris etc all know his value when straight and well prepared and have said as much. Bevo says it isn't irretrievable. Even if the players are demanding more from him, I think it is on the coaching group and footy GM to make this work, Jake too. If he stays, in some ways it is back in jake's court to have a strong contract year and demonstrate his worth and force the trade scenario. Who knows what happens there tough? Ryan O'Keefe was shopped around and wanted to walk when that fell through, stayed on and won a flag at Sydney.
    Good call on R'oK. He was all but at Hawthorn until Pelchan screwed him over. Had a brilliant career after.

We need Connors to awaken any other clubs looking for a player like Jake.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    You've got that opinion listening to the constant incessant media noise on Stringer. I'd listen to what Bevo said before I'd listen to the drivel Eminating from the media. My ears are hurting from the many opinions now in football
    Nah mate, my opinion isnt based on what either side are saying to the media. More based on what Jake did and who he did it with, doubt he'd have much respect left at the club and he'll get moved on for whatever we end up getting. Thats just how i see it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo reckons we may have to accept picks 24 and 29. Haha gee we've painted ourselves into a corner on this one.
    Do you rate the AFL's draft value index? Because those two picks together are valued at better than pick 10
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they think we'll cave.
    Show of hands ... who thinks we'll cave?

Rather, who's concerned we'll cave?

*raises hand*
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

*raises hand*
    I’m merely hoping we show some spine but I’m not confident.

A week to go.

Post Thanks / Like

*not raising hand*
    We won't cave.
    If I had a son who was in the same boat, with this ridiculous carry on of women and gambling, near Bevo is where I would want him to be.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Do you rate the AFL's draft value index? Because those two picks together are valued at better than pick 10
    Its not a great deal. I guess the only comfort is Dal has a pretty good strike rate at picking good kids.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

*raises hand*
    Im glad Gordons got involved. Jmac doesnt instill me with confidence.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

But it's what you do with them in a DVI context. I reckon Brisbane with Ballenden is the best bet if it's a straight draft points:

Dogs: 12, 18 & 19 (maybe a player who wants out, of not huge value)
    Lions: 9, 24, 27, 29 (400 net points)

That doesn't scream do the Stringer trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an offer worth considering. Perhaps we could look at one of them being next years pick

We potentially have 6 players going out and we have Trengove (confirmed) and Crozier (likely) so we could use 4 picks all before pick 30. If Campbell is traded then we have another spot.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish trade fortnight was over already, when you're invested in it yet so far from the action its not easy to enjoy! Well done to Melbourne and Adelaide even after a little bad blood they got down to work and got the deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's an offer worth considering. Perhaps we could look at one of them being next years pick

We potentially have 6 players going out and we have Trengove (confirmed) and Crozier (likely) so we could use 4 picks all before pick 30. If Campbell is traded then we have another spot.
    So go backwards two trade periods in a row. I can't support the two second rounder deal.