Thanks Thanks:  175
Likes Likes:  994
Page 92 of 179 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2680
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer Trade Worth

He will not sit out next year empty threat, keep him and revisit it next year if it attitude doesn't change, playing footy is a privilege not a right and it's about time he realised that. Alot can change in 12 months back our system in and see how we go at worst we loose a 2nd round pick when compared to what is on offer now worth the gamble I think

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m comfortable with how this appears to be developing - happy for Jake to stay and despitenthe prolonged media narrative we all have to suffer through, I don’t think we will end up giving Jake away nor do I believe we can’t ensure a good working environment for all our players (including Jake) next year.

4. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait till Jake tears a hole in the opposition, wearing the tri-colour, and all these journos have to eat humble pie.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Can't wait till Jake tears a hole in the opposition, wearing the tri-colour, and all these journos have to eat humble pie.
    And his team mates get around him and celebrate with him after it with a hug, kiss or lick, grope on the arse or a bit of a dry root.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes ratsmac, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    You're in fantasy land Ghost Dog. He will be traded & we are not getting much for it either. The proposed Freo deal which Freo rejected is proof to me we will move him no matter what. It was a 4 pick upgrade for Christ sake! I'm disgusted with JMac & after this trade period i'll be happy to help him pack his bags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    You're in fantasy land Ghost Dog. He will be traded & we are not getting much for it either. The proposed Freo deal which Freo rejected is proof to me we will move him no matter what. It was a 4 pick upgrade for Christ sake! I'm disgusted with JMac & after this trade period i'll be happy to help him pack his bags.
    So it all falls on J-Mac? No one else involved?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Being reported that we will accept x2 second round picks for Stringer with a late swap of picks.

If true, wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Being reported that we will accept x2 second round picks for Stringer with a late swap of picks.

If true, wow.
    Yes just saw that on 7News.

Watson's smug face when announcing it felt like a dagger through the heart.

The reporter, Tom Browne, also took a fair swipe at Gordon, Grant, Dal and J-Mac, even showing some form of picture based org chart, accusing them of being completely disorganised around the loss of Pick 11 yesterday, and claiming that it took a bit for J-Mac to wrestle back control in decision making.

Wow we're really being made out to be amateurs at this.

I seriously hope this is just fake news otherwise all talk will be how we've been schooled by Dodoro.
    Last edited by Doc26; 13-10-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming they are talking about this year picks that would give us 4 inside 30 which probably means no to Crameri
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Assuming they are talking about this year picks that would give us 4 inside 30 which probably means no to Crameri
    If we accept two second rounders Id expect we have made a deal with an other club to get back into the first round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So it all falls on J-Mac? No one else involved?
    Not all but most of it. We joke about Dodoro but he has destroyed JMac in this trade. I don't know about you but I am embarrassed at this performance. This is like a 20 goal loss!
    Jmac is like the kid in school that brings his footy cards & has a nice insert amongst them. By the end of the day you've traded a crap common card for it with him thinking he's come out on top.
    I'm seething at this dud trade! We'll be laughed at forever for this. If I'm PG I'm walking in there & grabbing JMas by the ear & terminating right there & then. I'll never hear the end of this & nor should I.

Post Thanks / Like

Not all but most of it. We joke about Dodoro but he has destroyed JMac in this trade. I don't know about you but I am embarrassed at this performance. This is like a 20 goal loss!
    Jmac is like the kid in school that brings his footy cards & has a nice insert amongst them. By the end of the day you've traded a crap common card for it with him thinking he's come out on top.
    I'm seething at this dud trade! We'll be laughed at forever for this. If I'm PG I'm walking in there & grabbing JMas by the ear & terminating right there & then. I'll never hear the end of this & nor should I.
    Jesus at least wait and see what happens before declaring some got destroyed. We haven't agreed to anything and the rest is just noise that may or may not be based on reality

Post Thanks / Like

Two second rounders. If true, we are Dodoro's bitch and have to accept that.

However what the media don't mention is pick 11 was a 16 pick upgrade, not a straight trade. Reporting the truth would be helpful.

Conversely, if we have some grand plan with the picks I will reserve judgement and weigh up the final picks and players against Stringers trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a blind optimist with cursory footy knowledge but you know, one can't be wrong all the time!
    One thing about the bulldogs - we can pull off miracles. You never know until the fat lady sings.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 13-10-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever Stringer’s sins are, they are bad enough to have turned off other vic suitors. If we are done over in deal with Don’s there will be a lot of unhappy campers, including me. I suppose we have to trust the club, but geez not liking sounds of the possible trade outcomes. Seems relationship with club and player is irretrievable. Could Geelong still be in the frame?