Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rookie List Strategy 2018

Campbell possibly going really opens up the debate now. Go for a ruckman on the primary list, or with Bevo and his views, go the rookie list back up option.

With the announcement, im even further in the rookie list option. Completely in, if we land a very tall forward who can at list help a little.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What to do now? We landed a couple of big guys who can help out in the ruck. So we probably don't need to go that way. Smith has to go it one way or the other, but can be re-drafted as I understand it (if we don't elevate him).

We will have picks 9 & 27.

I'm happy to pass on rucks, and KPP players with us having good numbers and NMM on the rookie list too. I'm tending to think to grab a young player, hopefully a midfielder or flanker with 9, and then looking at a mature player if there's any about after the DFA period. We've got a very young list, so somebody with some experience and leadership, who can push to get games sounds fine by me also.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not convinced that having 3-4 players who can play some time in the ruck is necessarily adequate coverage for what are essentially 2 ruckmen with a history of injuries. English makes three but can he actually play in the ruck at AFL level?

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What to do now? We landed a couple of big guys who can help out in the ruck. So we probably don't need to go that way. Smith has to go it one way or the other, but can be re-drafted as I understand it (if we don't elevate him).

We will have picks 9 & 27.

I'm happy to pass on rucks, and KPP players with us having good numbers and NMM on the rookie list too. I'm tending to think to grab a young player, hopefully a midfielder or flanker with 9, and then looking at a mature player if there's any about after the DFA period. We've got a very young list, so somebody with some experience and leadership, who can push to get games sounds fine by me also.
    Assuming we have Lynch and NMM I'd be looking at anyone who adds strength to the list. I agree we don't need a ruckman but if a player like Joel Amarty (195cm versatile tall who might be able to be a 2nd ruckman type) was still available I'd consider him as well.

It might be an experienced player or just guys we might be able to make into players. I'm open to suggestions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Whoever we draft on the main list I still would like at least one speedy young player on our rookie. On baller or forward.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go for kids with a standout trait but some deficiencies in the Matthew Boyd, JJ, Dahlhaus mould
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see one quick small forward who needs some development and one ready to go player with some versatility - no idea who those players may be at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone from Footscray worth a spot? Jamieson perhaps?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Anyone from Footscray worth a spot? Jamieson perhaps?
    I think there is a couple from Footscray that come into the mix. How many did we use as the 23rd player?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think there is a couple from Footscray that come into the mix. How many did we use as the 23rd player?
    Rohan Smith's son had a couple of games as the 23rd player. Any chance as a rookie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Rohan Smith's son had a couple of games as the 23rd player. Any chance as a rookie?
    I think so, there was a couple of other players who's name escapes me as well

Post Thanks / Like

Not a 23rd player but Billy Gowers might be a chance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Not a 23rd player but Billy Gowers might be a chance
    Like him as well. There was a guy by the name of Shea who played 23rd a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd plump for Hayes or Gowers if we were going to look for options in the VFL team.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

This article mentions us in connection with Tom Lamb.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-2...-delisted-lamb

my advice is take with grain of salt
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket