Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer has two choices - nothing to do with choice of clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Really? A dozen times??? All of us get sacked a dozen times in our working life? I've been a teacher nearly 20 years, and have been told my contract wasn't being renewed once. I stayed at the school.
    Try being a casual for an agency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    I was once , never again, agencies hook you up with the shiftiest work places and you can't say anything or you lose your job. Agencies are a disgrace.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Really? A dozen times??? All of us get sacked a dozen times in our working life? I've been a teacher nearly 20 years, and have been told my contract wasn't being renewed once. I stayed at the school.

I've done a few different things for work. I've gotten bored with what I was doing a couple of times and upped sticks looking for new challenges and I've fallen out with a few bosses along the way and one of us has told the other to to stick it but even I haven't burned my way through a dozen jobs.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Not comparable to being employed full time by one single employer.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I've had 4 fulltime jobs, been retrenched in 3 of them (10, 6 and 12 years) due to privatisation or company relocation, one casual job in between through agency, wouldn't do it again.
    Clocked up 9 years in this one, it can see me through to retirement if they don't close.
    I have never left a job, Mum told me working in the railways was for life when I started my trade at 15. She lied.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I've had 4 fulltime jobs, been retrenched in 3 of them (10, 6 and 12 years) due to privatisation or company relocation, one casual job in between through agency, wouldn't do it again.
    Clocked up 9 years in this one, it can see me through to retirement if they don't close.
    I have never left a job, Mum told me working in the railways was for life when I started my trade at 15. She lied.

I worked 14 years in my first proper job the Commonwealth public service. Mum told me a similiar thing "son get your arse in the public service. It's a job for life and you'll never have to work a day in your life" she lied twice!" Then I worked for a while painting houses with my dad then I became a dad myself and I've been bringing up two kids and working in the disability field since.

8. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was younger I did 4 years with two agencies at the same time. Went through 12 jobs easily.

Not many times sacked. Agencies just send you elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I worked 14 years in my first proper job the Commonwealth public service. Mum told me a similiar thing "son get your arse in the public service. It's a job for life and you'll never have to work a day in your life" she lied twice!" Then I worked for a while painting houses with my dad then I became a dad myself and I've been bringing up two kids and working in the disability field since.
    So your working in the media now.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So your working in the media now.

No. Just a single dad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No. Just a single dad.
    Thought you said you were in the disabled field ;-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Thought you said you were in the disabled field ;-)
    That's my job. I've got one of those and two kids to bring up.

The kids are pretty much brought up now. The boy is 19 and his sister is 16, so I've almost finished the raising of them. Best job I ever had was raising the kids. I'm a really lucky dad.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has gone way off topic.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Murphy says he can’t understand how Stringer didn’t see Western Bulldogs breakup coming

RETIRED Western Bulldogs captain Bob Murphy says issues between Jake Stringer and the Dogs have been building for two seasons.

Stringer said on Tuesday he left his exit interview after Round 23 confident of his future and was “shocked and upset” when he found out he was being put up for trade.

But Murphy said that didn’t make sense to him after ongoing issues with the hugely talented forward.
    “I find that jarring. I can’t quite see how that would possibly be,” he said on SEN.

“I think the inference there is that they pulled their punches in the exit meeting and from what I know of Luke (Beveridge) and the other management team, that doesn’t strike me as accurate.

“A young player who’s been put up for trade there will always be a sense of shock but he would also acknowledge that there’s been frustration for the last couple of years.

“The idea that a player could get to the end of the year and be shocked at where they’re at, that doesn’t (seem right). There’s been a level of frustration for a couple of years and you know after a poor year change can happen

“Having said that I’m still a little bit surprised at how quickly it’s escalated.”

Asked what Stringer had done to lose the faith of the coach, Murphy said there was “a sprinkling of a few things”.
    “What I would say is he’s high talent, he’s got huge self belief, but he’s not yet a fanatic for the daily grind.”

Murphy said he hadn’t given up hope Stringer could stay at the kennel but he “couldn’t wear” a suggestion the club’s leaders were to blame for letting the relationship break down.

“If it goes through and Jake ends up being traded elsewhere all of us, particularly the people in positions of leadership this year, will have a sense of disappointing and failure that it hasn’t worked.

“But he’s 22 so I still hold out some hope that it could be patched up, but at the moment it’s very raw.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Bulldog4life, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Murphy is not doubt telling the truth. But i'd prefer he kept his mouth shut as the more the media blames the club for this and the less that it's Jake's fault, the more we get in a trade

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good, more fuel for the dumpster fire.

Starting to pine for the days of nice, quiet off-seasons.

Remember those?
    BORDERLINE FLYING