Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stringer to break silence

JAKE Stringer will break his silence on his split with the Western Bulldogs on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old is on the trade table despite being contracted for 2018 after a dramatic falling out with coach Luke Beveridge.

The premiership forward played only 16 games this season, as poor form coincided with off field issues.
    He's scheduled to speak at the launch of NAB AFL Trade Radio at 11am AEST.
    AFL.com.au will stream the event live, ahead of Trade Radio's return to the website and AFL Live App in the first week of October.

The launch will include also include appearances from leading player agents Paul Connors and Liam Pickering as well as Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro.

Since its humble beginnings on AFL.com.au, Trade Radio has evolved into a news-making machine during the annual trade and free agency period
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stringer to break silence

Well i guess he's gone then. You don't go onto trade radio to say you hope to stay. What a weird scenario this is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

JAKE Stringer will break his silence on his split with the Western Bulldogs on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old is on the trade table despite being contracted for 2018 after a dramatic falling out with coach Luke Beveridge.

The premiership forward played only 16 games this season, as poor form coincided with off field issues.
    He's scheduled to speak at the launch of NAB AFL Trade Radio at 11am AEST.
    AFL.com.au will stream the event live, ahead of Trade Radio's return to the website and AFL Live App in the first week of October.

The launch will include also include appearances from leading player agents Paul Connors and Liam Pickering as well as Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro.

Since its humble beginnings on AFL.com.au, Trade Radio has evolved into a news-making machine during the annual trade and free agency period

FFS turn it up Hutchy.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Libba at 11.30am is on Sorry For This Year I'm Going Put In A Huge 2018 Radio

Should be a good interview.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Libba at 11.30am is on Sorry For This Year I'm Going Put In A Huge 2018 Radio

Should be a good interview.

Drive us to more premierships and all is forgiven Libba.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake looks nervous and a lost soul. He needs an arm around him and a good mentor.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

8. Likes chef, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Jake looks nervous and a lost soul. He needs an arm around him and a good mentor.
    Think he looks heartbroken personally. His words and the words of his cretinous manager were worlds apart; if Jake had his druthers I think he'd prefer to stay and this all didn't happen.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone listen in?

Post Thanks / Like

He also seemed to say that Beveridge hadn't spoken to him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He also seemed to say that Beveridge hadn't spoken to him?
    That is just a lie

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is just a lie
    I think I misheard it, or maybe Jake misspoke.

Also there was a gem from Barrett; "is it true that you were late to training, trying to organise care for your two young children?"

EDIT - here's the quote:

"Stringer said he was unsure of the reasons he had been put up for trade: "I don't know the exact details on why. I haven't spoken to Bevo. I've spoken to (list manager) Jason McCartney about those type of things."

15. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also there was a gem from Barrett; "is it true that you were late to training, trying to organise care for your two young children?"

EDIT - here's the quote:

"Stringer said he was unsure of the reasons he had been put up for trade: "I don't know the exact details on why. I haven't spoken to Bevo. I've spoken to (list manager) Jason McCartney about those type of things."
    Yeah that one was great.

"Beveridge orders Stringer to leave kids on the street! More on page 4"

Post Thanks / Like

The meeting was Bevo, JMac & Chris Grant. Three divisions of the footy dept/club involved. So the club seems as one.

Connors: Jake will nominate a single club to trade to
    Connors: Jake will play in Victoria next year, and many of them have already enquired about him.
    Stringer: Completely surprised by critiques. Put in a huge pre season.
    Stringer: Loves the club and members (doesn't want to necessarily go)
    Connors: It's not irretrievable (but then says he will be playing elsewhere)
    Stringer: (about what he can improve specifically) I'm a young guy and I've learnt a lot.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We're not getting the full picture here whether it be from the club or Stringer, going by his comments at today's trade radio interview.

UNWANTED Western Bulldog Jake Stringer says he hasn't spoken to senior coach Luke Beveridge as he seeks a new club.

Beveridge told the Herald Sun last week while Stringer could still remain at the Dogs, both parties agreed to explore other options.

Stringer said he was uncertain why things had gone pear-shaped at the Bulldogs, but refuted suggestions him being late for training was a catalyst in the Dogs' willingness to offload the goalkicker.

"I had a good season but things have changed, I'm still contracted there , there's plenty of time and it's early but we will see what happens in the next three weeks.

"I'd be lying if I sat here and said I'd done everything right. I had a difficult year this year, we will see what happens but I'm confident I can get back to playing some good footy.

"I don't know the details on why, I haven't spoken to Bevo, there's a whole lots of things I could have done better. Training, games, a whole life sort of thing for me.

"I'm only young. I've never been late to training, Abbey is fully supportive of me, she's always there for the kids, so I've never been late or anything like that.

"You do everything you can, week in, week out, giving everything you can for your team mates, I feel like I did that last year and this year as well."
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

EDIT - here's the quote:

I am saying Stringer is lying that he hasn't spoken to Bevo.