Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you still believe in drafting best available? Then do you also accept the consequences of that?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Forgotten about him. Loved him at the Scary. I really like Gowers from the VFL. Wouldn't mind it if we gave him a spot on the list.

I don't know if I could survive a year of watching him spray the ball all over the place after taking incredible mark after incredible mark but I love watching him play. He is a classic bulldog player though. Slightly too short for the job we've given him but makes up for it with copious amounts of crazy brave.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you still believe in drafting best available? Then do you also accept the consequences of that?

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Wouldn't he add to the problem of too many tall defenders?
    Not on the main list.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm happy for the comment to remain exactly where it is.
    You may have something factual but without elaboration the current status is just slinging mud and thus has no substance.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 9: With the retirements of Bob Murphy and Matthew Boyd across the Dogs' half-back line, Nick Coffield is worth considering with their first selection to bolster that area of the ground. The Northern Knights captain won All Australian selection this year after an impressive carnival for the winning Vic Metro side. At 190cm and with a real turn of pace (he ran 2.91 seconds in the 20-metre sprint at the NAB AFL Draft Combine), he plays as a sweeping, general defender who gives drive.

Around the mark: Hunter Clark, Andrew Brayshaw, Aaron Naughton

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-2...ub-draft-first

Post Thanks / Like

I've mentioned Coffield a number of times during the year and rate him. When playing as a midfielder he is very much an outside player. As a defender or winger I think he is currently more suited to. He will be in the mix for our first selection and I doubt he will be for our 2nd pick.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the vision I've seen of Coffield he seems to make a bit of time for himself and rarely gets too flustered.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour is Collingwood are very into Coffield, but I'd love him to slip to us.
    Would be a real asset as a rebounding HB as he develops, good height at 190cm too.

If we nab a mid or a HF who will transition to midfield with pick 16 we'll have the perfect balance of players we've added to our list, considering we banned a KPF, KPB and an athletic utility/HB at the trade table.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Rumour is Collingwood are very into Coffield, but I'd love him to slip to us.
    Would be a real asset as a rebounding HB as he develops, good height at 190cm too.

If we nab a mid or a HF who will transition to midfield with pick 16 we'll have the perfect balance of players we've added to our list, considering we banned a KPF, KPB and an athletic utility/HB at the trade table.
    Where you say "banned a KPF" do you mean "gained a KPF"?

Post Thanks / Like

Bagged i think Mof means.
    The curse is dead.

11. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Bagged i think Mof means.

That makes more sense than gained.