Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CEO message to members and fans

When will journos be made responsible for the things they say and write that are proven untrue ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Very good that the overdraft will be paid off. One thing to have loans but an overdraft would have a much higher interest rate I'd imagine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    When will journos be made responsible for the things they say and write that are proven untrue ?
    They can be, providing what they write actually causes harm.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst watching Carro come up with this dribble on Monday night my thoughts where that Eddie comments weren't strong enough.
    She is a gutter dweller only second to Barrett and for that matter the majority on that show are.
    Its says a lot about a TV show if the 'Velvet Sledgehammer' is the endearing one.

Well said by Gary Kent a true Doggies man, only complaint is I wish the club had come out with something sooner.

I know we like to bitch, its only human nature but realistically the club in great nick with a very bright future on and off the field.

Go Doggies
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing Caro said was really that out of line and beyond anything spoken about here. She didn't say 'we've got more issues than ever' as referenced in the letter so I'm guessing that was directed elsewhere.

I like the letter and it's a good response but it doesn't excuse the facts: we are spluttering from a list management and on field perspective right now when we should be ascending off the back of 2016. All the financial success is great but it goes away very quickly if we can't get back to winning.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    we are spluttering from a list management
    I don't think that is true.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo Gary Kent. Well done Board for guiding Ng us to financial and on field success. Go you Dogs!! (We always do better when We have faced adverse press/challenging issues so 2018 should be a good 'un!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Did anyone hear that gossip columnist Wilson rattling on about another CEO going by the wayside ?
    It's a fine thing that Richmond are either going to lose a prelim, or a granny.

In spite of the beneficiary of that, either will be lovely thank you.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Funny no media outlet has commented on this letter from Gary
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Funny no media outlet has commented on this letter from Gary
    Nor would they. Once again it will prove their reporting incorrect and it wouldn't get as many hits as the word Implosion.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Nor would they. Once again it will prove their reporting incorrect and it wouldn't get as many hits as the word Implosion.
    They are trying to find a conspiracy theory in it somewhere.
    A bit like the lochness monster we all know it doesn't exist but we will keep going on about it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Did anyone hear that gossip columnist Wilson rattling on about another CEO going by the wayside ?
    When are the likes of Carro and Grub Barrett going to be held accountable for just bare faced lies ?
    Sadly now you have to swim through the steaming pile of poo which is the media coverage to get a decent story .
    I can't believe anyone even watches that show anymore, it's just rubbish.
    It used to have some balance when Grant Thomas was on the panel as he would call their bluff. Since he's gone those journalists just have free reign to splurt out any bs they want with no reply back.

15. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

to be honest i cant recall reading how this was only an interim appt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Very good that the overdraft will be paid off. One thing to have loans but an overdraft would have a much higher interest rate I'd imagine
    At least 10% from memory and that was a few years ago when I last looked. Could/Would be higher now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Nothing Caro said was really that out of line and beyond anything spoken about here. She didn't say 'we've got more issues than ever' as referenced in the letter so I'm guessing that was directed elsewhere.

I like the letter and it's a good response but it doesn't excuse the facts: we are spluttering from a list management and on field perspective right now when we should be ascending off the back of 2016. All the financial success is great but it goes away very quickly if we can't get back to winning.
    She inferred that Kent had resigned and that it was largely due to Gordon's autocratic style.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

19. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post