Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CEO message to members and fans

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    She inferred that Kent had resigned and that it was largely due to Gordon's autocratic style.
    She said we will have had 3 CEOs within 3 years (she didn't say Kent resigned, though he kind of is) and that we have a president who is known for his autocratic style. Which of those statements is incorrect?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Funny no media outlet has commented on this letter from Gary
    They won't. Nobody will ever climb up on stage and announce "I was wrong" especially the amount of times they get it wrong. They would spend their lives getting up and down off the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I can't believe anyone even watches that show anymore, it's just rubbish.
    It used to have some balance when Grant Thomas was on the panel as he would call their bluff. Since he's gone those journalists just have free reign to splurt out any bs they want with no reply back.

Me either.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    She said we will have had 3 CEOs within 3 years (she didn't say Kent resigned, though he kind of is) and that we have a president who is known for his autocratic style. Which of those statements is incorrect?
    You've clearly watched the clip but not the show. The discussion continued where she made statements around CEO resignations (including Kent's) and inferred they were caused by Gordon's autocratic style. It's disingenuous to claim Kent is resigning when it was never his intention to stay beyond an initial period. You could argue he actually resigned before he began.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

You've clearly watched the clip but not the show. The discussion continued where she made statements around CEO resignations (including Kent's) and inferred they were caused by Gordon's autocratic style.
    Yep, have only watched the above clip so can only go by that. Perhaps Kent's tenure hasn't been impacted by Gordon's style but I doubt anyone can disagree that his 2 predecessors were.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    to be honest i cant recall reading how this was only an interim appt
    Caro wrote herself back in 2016 that it was an interim position

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...24-gqcv68.html
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

6. Thanks Throughandthrough, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

#BringBackCampbellRose
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    to be honest i cant recall reading how this was only an interim appt
    I don't believe that it was announced externally that it would be an 'interim' appointment, which I understand Gary refers to in his article. What is understood, at least internally, is that Gary would step in to fill the role from mid 2016 following the abrupt departure of Stephenson. The fact that Gary is looking to continue in this key position up to the start of the season 2018 season is a significantly greater duration than what would've been considered at the time of his interim appointment in mid June of 2016.

The fact that it is being reported as a resignation of a CEO, or interpreted as one, is simply a falsehood and very mischievous reporting when he's simply been acting, after agreeing to fill the void left by Stephenson, with a known end point by the Board, and through a period of our greatest on and off-field success.

10. Thanks GVGjr, Throughandthrough thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, have only watched the above clip so can only go by that. Perhaps Kent's tenure hasn't been impacted by Gordon's style but I doubt anyone can disagree that his 2 predecessors were.
    So you only have half the story. Garlick was sacked and nothing was mentioned of Gordon's style at the time. Stevenson was perhaps the only victim of Gordon's style.....although there appeared to be considerable doubt as to whether he was up to the job. That would suggest there was something terribly wrong with our recruiting process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I don't believe that it was announced externally that it would be an 'interim' appointment, which I understand Gary refers to in his article. What is understood, at least internally, is that Gary would step in to fill the role from mid 2016 following the abrupt departure of Stephenson. The fact that Gary is looking to continue in this key position up to the start of the season 2018 season is a significantly greater duration than what would've been considered at the time of his interim appointment in mid June of 2016.

The fact that it is being reported as a resignation of a CEO, or interpreted as one, is simply a falsehood and very mischievous reporting when he's simply been acting, after agreeing to fill the void left by Stephenson, with a known end point by the Board, and through a period of our greatest on and off-field success.
    Spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

So you only have half the story. Garlick was sacked and nothing was mentioned of Gordon's style at the time. Stevenson was perhaps the only victim of Gordon's style.....although there appeared to be considerable doubt as to whether he was up to the job. That would suggest there was something terribly wrong with our recruiting process.
    Well obviously it's all rosy then...

Post Thanks / Like

Well obviously it's all rosy then...
    Yeah...that's clearly what I'm saying.

I've simply called out people on their inaccurate statements in an effort to deal with the facts.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...that's clearly what I'm saying.

I've simply called out people on their inaccurate statements in an effort to deal with the facts.
    Fair enough.

Personally, I don't think Caro is too far off the mark in general. You can nitpick over whether a CEO resigned or was sacked, or was an interim choice but the fact is we've had 3 in 3 years combined with some significant turn over of our administration staff this year. From an outside perspective - which both you and I can only go by - does this sound like a positive working environment being cultivated by our President, who is notoriously hands on?

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough.

Personally, I don't think Caro is too far off the mark in general. You can nitpick over whether a CEO resigned or was sacked, or was an interim choice but the fact is we've had 3 in 3 years combined with some significant turn over of our administration staff this year. From an outside perspective - which both you and I can only go by - does this sound like a positive working environment being cultivated by our President, who is notoriously hands on?
    It certainly appears that we have a President whose style "might" be an issue. There is no need however to throw in stuff to support an argument that is simply inaccurate.....as Wilson has done.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He can't be all that bad , whatever he has done worked , VFL , AFL premierships. No more debt , might be hands on but results prove -A lot of management people get through by talking the talk, but can't walk the walk and get found out when things they promise don't happen.
    Maybe Peter doesn't suffer these talk the talk people when he finds out they can't walk .
    He is hands on and expects results if you don't deliver your out.
    Caro never pointed out the success of the club since he came but Gary did. You can't argue that Peter has been no good,the proof is in black and white.
    Shove it up your arse Caro being a president of an AFL club can mean making hard decisions he has made them and they have all turned out 100% right in the end.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    For those that aren't aware, this is what has triggered the excellent response from the club.

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classi...0q0ipdhgew2n83
    She even borrowed Jerry Seinfeld's puffy shirt for the occasion
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

20. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post