Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unintended consequences of Stringer going...

True, different players, different circumstances. Hawthorn only paid pick 18 at the time, which looked way unders. If he's gettable, it's a matter of what the market and Brisbane reckons he's worth.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Jono Rourke went pick 2 as well. The best thing about the Stringer shit storm was it all happened early. It gives us an opportunity to take a breath and reload for either needs or whoever is blue chip and we think gettable.
    And Tambling went at 4. It's too easy to simply say a player went early in the draft for a reason.......no disrespect intended.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

First of a triple.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    And Tambling went at 4. It's too easy to simply say a player went early in the draft for a reason.......no disrespect intended.
    I thought of Tambling and then I thought of Watts and then thought of Walsh and got all depressed.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Triple post wow there's first.

8. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Jono Rourke went pick 2 as well. The best thing about the Stringer shit storm was it all happened early. It gives us an opportunity to take a breath and reload for either needs or whoever is blue chip and we think gettable.

I think there is a problem of overestimating players true with those GC/GWS drafts. Each club had the first million picks or so picks at their drafts so it really didn't matter if they took a player at 1 or 18. So I reckon they inflated the draft worth of a few players by taking them at much higher spots than they would have. Including J'OR.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think there is a problem of overestimating players true with those GC/GWS drafts. Each club had the first million picks or so picks at their drafts so it really didn't matter if they took a player at 1 or 18. So I reckon they inflated the draft worth of a few players by taking them at much higher spots than they would have. Including J'OR.
    Proven all too true tonight