Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 AFL Grand Final Thread

Just checking has Adelaide turned up at the MCG yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Except against us obviously.
    That's something we have to bury.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

3. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richmond supporters are nothing but scum. They couldn't get into the pubs in Richmond last night so those filthy bastards who somehow live in Footscray but "passionately" follow another club. came back to Footscray and were carrying on outside Sims yelling out and blasting horns and abusing people. Turds. I really hate that they are celebrating a largely undeserved premiership.

*!*!*!*! off back to Richmond. Barkly st belongs to Footscray. We don't celebrate Richmond premierships in Footscray.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How funny is Jack Riewoldt getting up and singing with the Killers still wearing his footy. What a hoon.

Post Thanks / Like

How funny is Jack Riewoldt getting up and singing with the Killers still wearing his footy. What a hoon.
    Gee TD. Is that something positive about Richmond?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gee TD. Is that something positive about Richmond?

I'm going to have a shower. And then I'm gonna brush my tongue with a wire brush and detoll.

Post Thanks / Like

Spare a thought today for poor old Nick Riewoldt.

He rings his cousin: "Hi Jack, Nick here. Can I come over and look at your Premiership Medal? I've never seen one".
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richmond supporters are nothing but scum. They couldn't get into the pubs in Richmond last night so those filthy bastards who somehow live in Footscray but "passionately" follow another club. came back to Footscray and were carrying on outside Sims yelling out and blasting horns and abusing people. Turds. I really hate that they are celebrating a largely undeserved premiership.

*!*!*!*! off back to Richmond. Barkly st belongs to Footscray. We don't celebrate Richmond premierships in Footscray.
    Think of all the money they are spending in Footscray though. Hope they doubled the price of the alcohol.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

He rings his cousin: "Hi Jack, Nick here. Can I come over and look at your Premiership Medal? I've never seen one".
    Nick can always revel in that dive straight after half time of the 2009 PF. Fark him and his dirty club - they had their chances and blew it big time.

Used to hate Jack but his transformation from surly selfish turd burger to loveable selfless rogue in the last couple of years has been complete. Lovrd watching him belt out 'Mr Brightside' alongside Brandon Flowers last night.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

Mate. Never mind yesterday I've been thinking a lot about Nick's envy for the last 12 months. Hopefully he vomited a little bit into his mouth during the presentations last year. And now the fact that Brian Lake has 3 premiership medals and Nick has none now makes me smile. Because we have one. I hope the fact that we got one really sticks in his craw.

Nick Rievoldt. Great player but not a premiership player, no reunions for him. Maybe Jack will take him to one of Richmonds so he can get a feel of what it must have been like. Jack seems like a nice bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Think of all the money they are spending in Footscray though. Hope they doubled the price of the alcohol.
    That's a point.

Post Thanks / Like

I was always a bit sour on AFL players who said the don't watch the GF because of ambition/jealousy.

But for the first time yesterday I didn't watch it. But I get it now. It's a bit like getting married last year, divorced a month ago, and then being invited to the ex's wedding and someone else is smiling, happy and overjoyed with the name, premier.

I just couldn't do it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I was always a bit sour on AFL players who said the don't watch the GF because of ambition/jealousy.

But for the first time yesterday I didn't watch it. But I get it now. It's a bit like getting married last year, divorced a month ago, and then being invited to the ex's wedding and someone else is smiling, happy and overjoyed with the name, premier.

I just couldn't do it.
    I love a wedding so I couldn't resist but I see what you mean.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw on 360 during the week that Josh Jenkins had front row tickets for our premiership win in 2016.

He had just as big a contribution to the game yesterday - hope he bought a ticket to watch yesterday too.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss being the premiers
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

So after the precedent set by the AFL last year, what rules will they implement to curb Richmond's success?

1. Ban don't argues
    2. No player who has won both the brownlow and norm smith shall be able to play more than half a game

What else?