Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tom Boyd Trade - Three Years On

Tom Boyd:

40 Games (25 wins/15 losses), 36 Goals: Averages: 10.5 Disposals, 3.1 Marks, 2.5 Tackles, 10 Hit Outs - 4 Finals for 4 Wins - 100% (Inc. Premiership)

Ryan Gryphone:

39 Games (24 wins/15 losses), 16 Goals: Averages: 20.3 Disposls, 3.1 Marks, 4 Tackles, 1 Hit out - 2 Finals for 1 win, 1 Prelim Loss (50%) (Inc. No Premiership, and as a club no Grand Finals)

Misc:

- Tom's contract front loaded, so he's only on about $700,000.
    - Tom was vital in winning a premiership.
    - The draft pick GWS received, Caleb Marchbank, quit them too.
    - Tom has 10-11 years left in his career to give to the WBFC. And a lot of potential still to unlock, he's a pup. Gryphone has one year on his contract/career left at GWS unless they pay him out.

Three years in, I think the media can and should call it: WBFC has officially won this trade. Or at least I will, and if GWS don't win it next year with Gryphone, then it will be a huge back fire on them.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 24-09-2017 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Typo
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tom Boyd Trade - Three Years On

I'm with you. Griffin nearly done and Tom won't hit his straps til 24 onwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Shhh. Don't tell Barrett that. You'll blow his fetid mind.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

We won the trade when we won the flag! if Boyd retires in the off season due to depression or struggles for the rest of his career we still win the trade. The question is by how far do we win the trade? the more Tom does the bigger the margin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    We won the trade when we won the flag! if Boyd retires in the off season due to depression or struggles for the rest of his career we still win the trade. The question is by how far do we win the trade? the more Tom does the bigger the margin.
    Correct. I think what this shows is that if we lose a big player (who was/is under contract), if we nail the right player in return. We can turn a loss into a big gain.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone let these journos know so they can report we won the trade and they were all wrong AGAIN
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Can someone let these journos know so they can report we won the trade and they were all wrong AGAIN

The beauty is we don't have to do anything to tell them. The lazy parasites lurk here looking for stories although Robbo seems to have dropped off after we called him out on it a few times.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Tom Boyd:

40 Games (25 wins/15 losses), 36 Goals: Averages: 10.5 Disposals, 3.1 Marks, 2.5 Tackles, 10 Hit Outs, 4 Finals for 4 Wins - 100% (Inc. Premiership)

Ryan Gryphone:

39 Games (24 wins/15 losses), 16 Goals: Averages: 20.3 Disposls, 3.1 Marks, 4 Tackles, 1 Hit out, 2 Finals for 1 win, 1 Prelim Loss (50%) (Inc. No Premiership, and as a club no Grand Finals)

Misc:

- Tom' contract front loaded, so he's only on about $700,000.
    - Tom was vital in winning a premiership.
    - The draft pick GWS received, Caleb Marchbank, quit them too.
    - Tom has 10-11 years left in his career to give to the WBFC. And a lot of potential still to unlock, he's a pup. Gryphone has one year on his contract/career left at GWS unless they pay him out.

Three years in, I think the media can and should call it: WBFC has officially won this trade. Or at least I will, and if GWS don't win it next year with Gryphone, then it will be a huge back fire on them.
    Serious question. Did Tom not play in the 2015 Elimination Final?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Serious question. Did Tom not play in the 2015 Elimination Final?
    Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The beauty is we don't have to do anything to tell them. The lazy parasites lurk here looking for stories although Robbo seems to have dropped off after we called him out on it a few times.
    We can also add that his wage didn't destroy the club and no players left due to him coming. Oh and we had salary cap room due to forward thinking with which no journo actually looked at it realising we had extra due to not using it all in previous years.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The worst trade in history
    New idea gossip columnist Caroline Wilson .
    It's how far we win by, is the story .

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it funny how journos say it takes a tall until he is 25 until he shows his full potential but then called out Boyd as a terrible trade at 20.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I find it amazing when you look at Ty Vickery , his career, his contracts and his wage and nothing is said.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

If he never plays again we are still winners and so is Tom (just need to close my eyes and i can see the goal out of the center in the GF). Tho im sure he'll be back better than ever.

Post Thanks / Like

We won the trade by a mile. You thought he was pretty good in the Granny, wait till he matures over the next few seasons.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.