Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tom Boyd Trade - Three Years On

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What's your opinion on Marchbank Boydogs (or anybody)? He seems a perfectly decent third tall at the moment an he develop into a KP? As he was part of the Boyd trade I always feel compelled to compare the two.
    He did well at Carlton last year, I was hoping we would have made a move for him when he was named as looking to come home.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He did well at Carlton last year, I was hoping we would have made a move for him when he was named as looking to come home.
    Yeah, Me too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The GF certainly proved what Tommy is capable of. It's taking the bull by the horns mentality that's required on a weekly basis. For mine, he's too weak at the body, and he shouldn't be. He should be crashing packs, taking contested marks, and demanding the ball. Seems slow with decision making and kicking can be very erratic. I really hope he is a late developer, and over the next few years we see him being the player we are hoping.

He should just watch that GF over and over again...it shows he can do it....he's just got to believe it.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The GF certainly proved what Tommy is capable of. It's taking the bull by the horns mentality that's required on a weekly basis. For mine, he's too weak at the body, and he shouldn't be. He should be crashing packs, taking contested marks, and demanding the ball. Seems slow with decision making and kicking can be very erratic. I really hope he is a late developer, and over the next few years we see him being the player we are hoping.

He should just watch that GF over and over again...it shows he can do it....he's just got to believe it.
    Did well in the prelim as well when Roughy went down and he basically had to ruck for the rest of the game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post

It's a bit like Tom is scared of hurting somebody with the reluctance thing. If only we could replicate that gene or chemical or whatever it is that Zane Cordy has in him where he obviously takes great delight in hurting people and give some to Tom.

How ironic is it that all the trouble last year was over Tom punching Zaine?

6. Likes boydogs, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit like Tom is scared of hurting somebody with the reluctance thing. If only we could replicate that gene or chemical or whatever it is that Zane Cordy has in him where he obviously takes great delight in hurting people and give some to Tom.

How ironic is it that all the trouble last year was over Tom punching Zaine?
    I'll be very happy if he continues to have that effect on opponents.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Did well in the prelim as well when Roughy went down and he basically had to ruck for the rest of the game

Sometimes ruckmen just come on with the responsibility of being the lone ruckman. Remember when Dempsey left we were all wondering what was going to happen and we discover a bloke, Ian Hamphire, who had played a 100 reserves games and who'd been sitting under our noses for five years was actually a champion ruckman?

Scott Wynd retires and Luke Darcy the bloke playing as a tall forward almost wins the Brownlow in his first year as he only ruckman (another bulldog player they changed he rules to stop dominating the ruck, God City Hal really, really hate us so much)

Post Thanks / Like

That's right they did change the rules after that as he was dominating to much for the cronies in head office. Can't have that Footscray mob doing any good.
    It was a smart trade as pick 6 is the dreaded top ten pick. It is cursed, not many champions from pick 6 in the history of the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    That's right they did change the rules after that as he was dominating to much for the cronies in head office. Can't have that Footscray mob doing any good.
    It was a smart trade as pick 6 is the dreaded top ten pick. It is cursed, not many champions from pick 6 in the history of the draft.

Jack Macrae.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'll be very happy if he continues to have that effect on opponents.

Driving people crazy mad at you is a special talent.

One of my old coaches told me that my most priceless asset on a football field was my "supremely punchable head"

12. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've already won the trade but we have the chance to double-down and humiliate GWS by making it look McLeod-esque. Griffen will be most likely retired in 12 months time and Boydy will have his best footy ahead of him for a further 8 years minimum.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We've already won the trade but we have the chance to double-down and humiliate GWS by making it look McLeod-esque. Griffen will be most likely retired in 12 months time and Boydy will have his best footy ahead of him for a further 8 years minimum.

Who did they give up for Macleod? Was it Groom.

Post Thanks / Like

Who did they give up for Macleod? Was it Groom.
    It was Groom and Cornes who just got sacked as coach said he unhappy about the deal and would not have let it go through if he remained Adelades coach.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Before Wingard no nuber 6 had won a flag, been named All Australian, won a best and fairest or even played 200 games. It's fair to say it's the cursed top ten pick. The best was Sampi 78 games or Walker 151 for Freo. I did like Machbank a bit this year in a terrible side under the pump.

17. Thanks Twodogs, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Before Wingard no nuber 6 had won a flag, been named All Australian, won a best and fairest or even played 200 games. It's fair to say it's the cursed top ten pick. The best was Sampi 78 games or Walker 151 for Freo. I did like Machbank a bit this year in a terrible side under the pump.
    Lol honestly can't believe someone has put so much thought into it