Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  75
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other clubs trade activity

If Stringer is willing to go to Geelong there could be a decent trade made that might interest a few teams

Geelong
    On Stringer, pick #23 (North) and and a future 3rd round (WB)
    Off Picks #19, #21 (WB) Lang and pick #52 (North)
    Comments: Geelong use pick #23 for Ablett (getting something else back from the Suns) and have secured their aim at the start of the trade period of Ablett and Stringer

North Melbourne
    On Lang and pick #52 (Geel)
    Off Pick #23
    Comments: North add some young midfield depth for the value of about pick #29

Western Bulldogs
    On Picks #19 and #21 (Geel)
    Off Stringer, and a future 3rd rounder. (Geel)
    Comments: The Bulldogs now have some genuine currency with picks 9, 19, 21 and 28 and could trump Essendon for Saad and even make a play for Schache. If we made a play for Saad we would probably get something else back for 2018.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Stringer is willing to go to Geelong there could be a decent trade made that might interest a few teams

Geelong
    On Stringer, pick #23 (North) and and a future 3rd round (WB)
    Off Picks #19, #21 (WB) Lang and pick #52 (North)
    Comments: Geelong use pick #23 for Ablett (getting something else back from the Suns) and have secured their aim at the start of the trade period of Ablett and Stringer

North Melbourne
    On Lang and pick #52 (Geel)
    Off Pick #23
    Comments: North add some young midfield depth for the value of about pick #29

Western Bulldogs
    On Picks #19 and #21 (Geel)
    Off Stringer, and a future 3rd rounder. (Geel)
    Comments: The Bulldogs now have some genuine currency with picks 9, 19, 21 and 28 and could trump Essendon for Saad and even make a play for Schache. If we made a play for Saad we would probably get something else back for 2018.
    What would Bulldogs JMac ask for now for 2018, for future Suns JMac to have to give up out of pick bag in 2018?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Jake Niall quoting Paul Keating in saying Geelong have been struck in the arse by a rainbow .
    Gotta agree with that . That's a massive win for the handbaggers
    As usual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    As usual
    The cynic in me says:

- the AFEL don't like Stringer bad blood (club/him/manager) narrative and pick 19 could end it quick. It's bad for the brand.
    - the AFEL want a good news story or two, GAJ returns triumphantly and Stringer is like GAS. 'Like having GAJ & GAS play together'
    - the AFEL need to see Geelong win it, with the constant slck they've given them about on trading.
    - the AFEL needs to ensure there's not one single seat vacant for every home game with the huge cash governments have put in. They want more from governments for Etihad

Probably not best to contrast it to the Higgins compo which was in place during the second round. 4 years at $400,000. The extra $100,000 surely doesn't bump the compo up that much, at least on history. Especially post CBA with a 20%, so Highins figure is really $480,000. So $20,000 gets you into the first round. I wish they told us that.

But I'm cynical so ignore everything I've just said.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The cynic in me says:

- the AFEL don't like Stringer bad blood (club/him/manager) narrative and pick 19 could end it quick. It's bad for the brand.
    - the AFEL want a good news story or two, GAJ returns triumphantly and Stringer is like GAS. 'Like having GAJ & GAS play together'
    - the AFEL need to see Geelong win it, with the constant slck they've given them about on trading.
    - the AFEL needs to ensure there's not one single seat vacant for every home game with the huge cash governments have put in. They want more from governments for Etihad

Probably not best to contrast it to the Higgins compo which was in place during the second round. 4 years at $400,000. The extra $100,000 surely doesn't bump the compo up that much, at least on history. Especially post CBA with a 20%, so Highins figure is really $480,000. So $20,000 gets you into the first round. I wish they told us that.

But I'm cynical so ignore everything I've just said.
    The cynic in me says "How does this extremely favourable compensation to Geelong benefit the AFL run Suns?"

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The cynic in me says "How does this extremely favourable compensation to Geelong benefit the AFL run Suns?"
    pick 19 to Suns for Ablett?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I suspect so BD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The AFL has obviously grown bored of the Suns. They'll soon become a shell company, existing only for other teams to dump bad contracts onto, before inevitably merging with Brisbane.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I think it will be something a bit later but we are probably splitting hairs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it will be something a bit later but we are probably splitting hairs.
    I guess I was saying the AFL trying to overcompensate the Suns.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I was saying the AFL trying to overcompensate the Suns.
    Possibly, if they can lean clubs towards giving the Suns a but more I'm sure they would consider it.

Suns are probably in the mix for a priority pick next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Saad deal imminent, reading between the lines with what Dodoro said it will be the second round pick from GWS to Suns. (25 i think).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Looks like Saad deal imminent, reading between the lines with what Dodoro said it will be the second round pick from GWS to Suns. (25 i think).
    Future second round pick, Essendon retain 25 and 30 this year.

15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lachie Weller requests a trade from Freo to Gold Coast. That's right - a player is requesting a trade TO Gold Coast!

17. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Lachie Weller requests a trade from Freo to Gold Coast. That's right - a player is requesting a trade TO Gold Coast!
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-0...ocker-for-life

lol
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.