Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  75
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other clubs trade activity

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    So why did silvagni last year trade

2017 2nd round pick (26) to Hawthorn (on traded to Gold Coast)

for 3 crap picks 48, 66 & 70 last year?

How are they going to get Kennedy from GWS. What a spectacularly stupid move by Silvagni.
    The only thing they can do is let Gibbs go. If they can get two late first rounders for him, they keep pick 3 and grab Kennedy & Stringer to cover the midfield vacancy. Or do nothing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

How are they going to get Kennedy from GWS. What a spectacularly stupid move by Silvagni.
    Even dumber - they didn't end up using pick 70.

Crazy move.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Balic to Melbourne?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

MelbourneFC has accepted PortAdelaideFC Pick 31 for Jack Watts.

Watts, Rockliff and Motlop all now secured by the Power.

Post Thanks / Like

Port have done well.

3 best 22 players in and they've let players on their fringe leave (Trengove, Impey and Ah Chee).

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that he really is as stupid as deep deep down we think he is. The only reason he has this job in the first place is he played for Carlton. They just had to get him back to the Blues after the brilliant job he did putting that multi premiership winning GWS list.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Port have done well.

3 best 22 players in and they've let players on their fringe leave (Trengove, Impey and Ah Chee).

Tengove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Watts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Tengove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Watts
    I guess the safest way to get Jackson's surname right is simply to remove any reference to the letter 'r'.

10. Likes Topdog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blues have approached Adelaide about Gibbs. Looks like Blues will get picks 10 and 16, with a future pick likely going back.

I would love for them to swoop in and offer 10 for Stringer. They can use 16 for Kennedy with pick swaps if needed (16+40 for Kennedy + 27 values him at 23).

They keep #3 (unless we tried to do 9 and 10 for 3 but I don't want that) and effectively trade Gibbs for Stringer, Kennedy and an upgrade into the second round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Blues have approached Adelaide about Gibbs. Looks like Blues will get picks 10 and 16, with a future pick likely going back.

I would love for them to swoop in and offer 10 for Stringer. They can use 16 for Kennedy with pick swaps if needed (16+40 for Kennedy + 27 values him at 23).

They keep #3 (unless we tried to do 9 and 10 for 3 but I don't want that) and effectively trade Gibbs for Stringer, Kennedy and an upgrade into the second round.
    Carlton now look the best. I think the initial Essendon offer seems our realistic with Carlton.

Picks 10 & 40 for Stringer & pick 28 (Essendon was originally 11 & 48 for Stringer & 28)

It's only slightly better than Essendons offer, but it is better and it means Essendon have no first rounder and no Stringer. My favourite outcome. And if we are not trading for any players, 9 & 10 plus 40 gives us something to go to the draft with.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Carlton now look the best. I think the initial Essendon offer seems our realistic with Carlton.

Picks 10 & 40 for Stringer & pick 28 (Essendon was originally 11 & 48 for Stringer & 28)

It's only slightly better than Essendons offer, but it is better and it means Essendon have no first rounder and no Stringer. My favourite outcome. And if we are not trading for any players, 9 & 10 plus 40 gives us something to go to the draft with.
    All in all seems to be our most favoured outcome if we can pull it off (on the assumption that the Gibbs trade proceeds).

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    All in all seems to be our most favoured outcome if we can pull it off (on the assumption that the Gibbs trade proceeds).
    Yep. There doesn't seem to be a last minute rescue mission, so we take it and run it seems if that's offered.

Post Thanks / Like

So if the Gibbs deal gets done, and we flip Stringer and 28 for 10, with 28 in all likelihood going for GWS for Kennedy, that means Carlton have turned Gibbs into 16, Stringer and Kennedy.

Maybe SOS isn't as bad as we all think?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So if the Gibbs deal gets done, and we flip Stringer and 28 for 10, with 28 in all likelihood going for GWS for Kennedy, that means Carlton have turned Gibbs into 16, Stringer and Kennedy.

Maybe SOS isn't as bad as we all think?
    Yep, they'd have to send 40 our way. But they'd have Stringer, Kennedy, Pick 3, Pick 16 and Gibbs gone. That's a good hand after the trade period ends. Bolton would be stoked.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any indication Carlton are interested in Stringer?