Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  75
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other clubs trade activity

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Carlton now look the best. I think the initial Essendon offer seems our realistic with Carlton.

Picks 10 & 40 for Stringer & pick 28 (Essendon was originally 11 & 48 for Stringer & 28)

It's only slightly better than Essendons offer, but it is better and it means Essendon have no first rounder and no Stringer. My favourite outcome. And if we are not trading for any players, 9 & 10 plus 40 gives us something to go to the draft with.
    Have I missed something but has Carlton expressed any interest in Jake at this stage? Not sure I could see Bolton being interested in bringing in someone of Jake's very questionable character. Essendon on the other hand is a kind of a match made in heaven.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Is there any indication Carlton are interested in Stringer?
    Just an article or two yesterday. Stringer & SOS have had a coffee together, I think about a week before the period started. But Essendon was already making its play hard. It might have been a dollars thing, I'm sure we could address that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Have I missed something but has Carlton expressed any interest in Jake at this stage? Not sure I could see Bolton being interested in bringing in someone of Jake's very questionable character. Essendon on the other hand is a kind of a match made in heaven.
    I'm not entirely sure that's how Carlton works, in that favourite sons tend to curry more favour internally than up and coming coaches.

What's worse for Bolton is that if Carlton have a bad start to the year and don't progress he'll be removed. Unfairly of course, but that's how Carlton is.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Lang wants to go to Carlton, along with Kennedy. Perhaps Stringer too.

Gibbs could free them up to get them all, and still have several good draft picks. Will be interesting to watch what SOS can pull off.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure why we keep pushing Carlton - well I know why, but he's going to Essendon - unless there is a massive curve ball, and Carlton appear to be busy with other stuff (Kennedy, perhaps Lang)

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Blues have approached Adelaide about Gibbs. Looks like Blues will get picks 10 and 16, with a future pick likely going back.

I would love for them to swoop in and offer 10 for Stringer. They can use 16 for Kennedy with pick swaps if needed (16+40 for Kennedy + 27 values him at 23).

They keep #3 (unless we tried to do 9 and 10 for 3 but I don't want that) and effectively trade Gibbs for Stringer, Kennedy and an upgrade into the second round.
    Carlton supporter at work would swap out 16 for two of our second rounders thinking that would get Kennedy and Lang over the line.
    I'd do that deal.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Carlton supporter at work would swap out 16 for two of our second rounders thinking that would get Kennedy and Lang over the line.
    I'd do that deal.
    I posted that in the Stringer thread. GCS and Dogs would be best placed to help Carlton, I think our 25 & 28 would be about right for both, still leaving us with pick 30. 16 for Stringer right now seems like a jackpot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So if the Gibbs deal gets done, and we flip Stringer and 28 for 10, with 28 in all likelihood going for GWS for Kennedy, that means Carlton have turned Gibbs into 16, Stringer and Kennedy.

Maybe SOS isn't as bad as we all think?
    Depending on him not having a last minute brain fart he has done pretty well. Resisting the urge to trade for every player GWS is planning on delisting is working well for him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

GIBBS SET FOR CROWS

Carlton has agreed to trade Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide.

Herald Sun trade expert Sam Landsberger reports the deal is all but complete with the move to help the Blues secure Giant Matt Kennedy and Cat Darcy Lang.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    GIBBS SET FOR CROWS

Carlton has agreed to trade Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide.

Herald Sun trade expert Sam Landsberger reports the deal is all but complete with the move to help the Blues secure Giant Matt Kennedy and Cat Darcy Lang.
    Our last hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Great deal for Carlton . Two first rounders for a 29 year old is good business .
    Next years draft is meant to be very very good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Tengove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Watts
    I'm not sold on Ports recruiting to be honest .Big question marks on the consistency of Motlop, and the consistency of effort from Watts .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Great deal for Carlton . Two first rounders for a 29 year old is good business .
    Next years draft is meant to be very very good
    How embarrassing for Sam. Gone too early on Gibbs to Crows.

Sam Landsberger 3 minutes ago

Well .. this is awkward. Gibbs was a Crow. And then one club pulled out. Misunderstanding over a minor element has Bryce back in limbo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    How embarrassing for Sam. Gone too early on Gibbs to Crows.
    Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Our last hope.
    Don't think Carlton is in play at all for Jake. Bombers or us.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"