Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  75
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other clubs trade activity

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Don't think Carlton is in play at all for Jake. Bombers or us.
    Moreso hoping pick 16 might get traded to get picks for Lang & Kennedy. But that sounds out too.

Cave in, or, stand strong. Seems pretty much it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Stand firm Dogs. Our reputation for future negotiations important. Who knows what may happen tomorrow morning....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Stand firm Dogs. Our reputation for future negotiations important. Who knows what may happen tomorrow morning....
    Wise words Josie.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I'm not sold on Ports recruiting to be honest .Big question marks on the consistency of Motlop, and the consistency of effort from Watts .
    100%. Trade period is when Watts and Motlop (especially Watts!) become great additions. Maybe he will be the 1st 27year old in history to significantly improve/change who he 'is'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Much like Essendon i don't think Port have gone close to improving their actual weakness and as such will continue as front runners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Much like Essendon i don't think Port have gone close to improving their actual weakness and as such will continue as front runners
    They will be very dangerous during the season but yeah its just a question do they have enough spine when the moment comes in the finals when the heat goes up. FWIW I think both clubs will finish above us next year that I'm sure of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Carlton now look the best. I think the initial Essendon offer seems our realistic with Carlton.

Picks 10 & 40 for Stringer & pick 28 (Essendon was originally 11 & 48 for Stringer & 28)

It's only slightly better than Essendons offer, but it is better and it means Essendon have no first rounder and no Stringer. My favourite outcome. And if we are not trading for any players, 9 & 10 plus 40 gives us something to go to the draft with.
    Devils advocate...we held out for a better deal and not having to give back our second rounder, correctly valuing Stringer as worthy of a top 10 pick outright. So would we go for a deal that is essentially the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Devils advocate...we held out for a better deal and not having to give back our second rounder, correctly valuing Stringer as worthy of a top 10 pick outright. So would we go for a deal that is essentially the same?
    Irony is a bitch, but yeah. We tested the market, and if the market says this is his value, maybe that's it. I'd love to think there's a trade this year or next year that's going to be better, but I doubt it. The best option is still Geelong's 19 & 21 which they've told the Suns is off limits. Hopefully they come out today and make a play. But I doubt that too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bryce Gibbs is now a Crow.

The Blues get picks 10 and 16 and 73 this year and a second round pick next year. The Crows get Gibbs, pick 77 this year and a second and third round pick next year.

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bryce Gibbs is now a Crow.

The Blues get picks 10 and 16 and 73 this year and a second round pick next year. The Crows get Gibbs, pick 77 this year and a second and third round pick next year.
    I wonder if we can grab 16 for Essendons 25 & 30. Geelong & GWS have both Sid they expect a pick between 20 & 30.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if we can grab 16 for Essendons 25 & 30. Geelong & GWS have both Sid they expect a pick between 20 & 30.
    I don't think Carlton have a second round pick left in 2017 or 2018 so they will have to deal with someone?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a lot to pay for Gibbs, but I guess Adelaide are in the hunt for a flag so it's now or never.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't think Carlton have a second round pick left in 2017 or 2018 so they will have to deal with someone?
    Either us or GCS are primed to help them.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance the Blues would take 25 and 28 for 10, otherwise it's 28 and 30 for 16 IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's a lot to pay for Gibbs, but I guess Adelaide are in the hunt for a flag so it's now or never.
    It's the same as what was requested by Carlton last year yet he's a year older now.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.