Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  75
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other clubs trade activity

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Lol no wonder Scott clayton looked dejected.
    He looked a broken man lining up to take his punishment.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon starts off the draft at pick 48. Whoopee Do!

Post Thanks / Like

Fremantle and Carlton clear winners for mine.

Carlton did sort of piss some draft capital up against a wall by trading for Lang (who is bad), but that Gibbs deal is sensational.

Freo rolling GWS for Wilson was pretty canny stuff, but (ostensibly) 2 for Weller is quite possibly the best trade of all time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Did GC give Freo Pick 2 & Matera for Weller?

And we think we are shit at trading... FMD!!
    That is such an awful deal by GCS. Probably sealed the fate of Tom Lynch next season in one fell swoop.

If the rumours of J-Mac heading up north are true, good luck with your starting position next year. He would have to be taking a serious look at any get-out clause.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Fremantle and Carlton clear winners for mine.

Carlton did sort of piss some draft capital up against a wall by trading for Lang (who is bad), but that Gibbs deal is sensational.

Freo rolling GWS for Wilson was pretty canny stuff, but (ostensibly) 2 for Weller is quite possibly the best trade of all time.
    2 & Matera for Weller should land them in jail with the key thrown away. No parole, nothing.

Poor GC.

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing to think that despite this thing going for over a week, some clubs crap the bed so badly in the last few hours.

Amazing to think that experienced footy people just go to water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Is Weller that good a player?? Surely pick 2 would've netted a very good prospect.
    He's got serious talent and I guess that he's going to a club he wants to be at. But pick 2. I guess if you are GC at least you know the AFL will make up for any stupid decisions they make.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

So far the best player in the trade is Weller. If that remains the case (and it very well may - the kid can play) then the Suns are the winners.

I don't understand the angst here - there is not much run and carry at the top of the draft. Weller is an elite kick, good runner, only a kid but has had two years of development and somehow played every game since he was drafted...+ he was close to a top 10 pick back when he was drafted AND he actually WANTS to play for the Gold Coast.

I think they did 100% the right thing by getting in a known quantity who WANTS to be there vs an unknown who probably doesn't exactly dream of wearing red and yellow.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Likes The Doctor, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    So far the best player in the trade is Weller. If that remains the case (and it very well may - the kid can play) then the Suns are the winners.

I don't understand the angst here - there is not much run and carry at the top of the draft. Weller is an elite kick, good runner, only a kid but has had two years of development and somehow played every game since he was drafted...+ he was close to a top 10 pick back when he was drafted AND he actually WANTS to play for the Gold Coast.

I think they did 100% the right thing by getting in a known quantity who WANTS to be there vs an unknown who probably doesn't exactly dream of wearing red and yellow.
    That's the thing. He's just coming off his draftee contract.-incidentally he must be just about the first draftee to play every game of his draftee contract, that's an outstanding effort-he's still very young. And like you say he actually wants to play for Gold Coast.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i also like the trade for Weller. Gold coast don't have players wanting to go there very often and here they have a 20 yo asking to go there who is a very good young player.

They've already had about 80 first round picks and badly need players.

They need to win games and fix their culture

Post Thanks / Like

Weller is a good young talent but surely he's far and away from what you could label elite, which is what you have a chance at finding with Pick 2.

Post Thanks / Like

GC need more draft picks like Essendon need more arseholes. They need good senior players and depth.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For all the lauding of Dodoro as a genius, let's look at what they got.

Saad - solid player, paid a fair price. Good.

Smith - IIRC has had a bad run with leg injuries, over paid, questionable, depending on how many games he plays.

Stringer (2017 model), paid cheaply. Looked shellshocked when all this came about, I doubt if he it had a clue why we might want him gone and why. A good contract and initial Bomber fan adoration now may validate in his mind how "the Doggies did him wrong".

Let's hope so, and that that club gets a good taste of what we put up with for the past 2 years.

Definitely a questionable trade IMO.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    For all the lauding of Dodoro as a genius, let's look at what they got.

Saad - solid player, paid a fair price. Good.

Smith - IIRC has had a bad run with leg injuries, over paid, questionable, depending on how many games he plays.

Stringer (2017 model), paid cheaply. Looked shellshocked when all this came about, I doubt if he it had a clue why we might want him gone and why. A good contract and initial Bomber fan adoration now may validate in his mind how "the Doggies did him wrong".

Let's hope so, and that that club gets a good taste of what we put up with for the past 2 years.

Definitely a questionable trade IMO.
    There's no getting around the fact that he had a very solid trade period.

To gain Stringer, Smith, Saad and GWS' 2018 2nd rounder for the loss of 11, 30 and next years 2nd + 3rd rounders - that's an outstanding result.

Three quality players for the net loss of a first round, second round and third round. It's the stuff dreams are made of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    There's no getting around the fact that he had a very solid trade period.

To gain Stringer, Smith, Saad and GWS' 2018 2nd rounder for the loss of 11, 30 and next years 2nd + 3rd rounders - that's an outstanding result.

Three quality players for the net loss of a first round, second round and third round. It's the stuff dreams are made of.
    I don't disagree per se, but I'm merely pointing out that there are ? over two of the players they gained.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

20. Likes jazzadogs liked this post