Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  75
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other clubs trade activity

Collingwood's backline lacks depth with the injury proned Reid tipped to play forward next season too. Only Lyndon Dun as a key back and not much else. I heard from one of the commentators on SEN that the whisper is Darcy Moore to play centre half back next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Collingwood's backline lacks depth with the injury proned Reid tipped to play forward next season too. Only Lyndon Dun as a key back and not much else. I heard from one of the commentators on SEN that the whisper is Darcy Moore to play centre half back next season.
    ON AFL.com.au they have the projected best 22 for each side and have named Moore as the CHB. He would probably be a very good CHB but I'd be reluctant to take him away from the forward line but it might work.

This is what they are suggesting is Collingwoods best 22

B: Matthew Scharenberg, Lynden Dunn, Tom Langdon
    HB: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Brayden Maynard
    C: Daniel Wells, Adam Treloar, Steele Sidebottom
    HF: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Ben Reid, Jordan De Goey
    F: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Alex Fasolo
    R: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Taylor Adams
    INT: Travis Varcoe, Tyson Goldsack, Tom Phillips, Jack Crisp
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    ON AFL.com.au they have the projected best 22 for each side and have named Moore as the CHB. He would probably be a very good CHB but I'd be reluctant to take him away from the forward line but it might work.

This is what they are suggesting is Collingwoods best 22

B: Matthew Scharenberg, Lynden Dunn, Tom Langdon
    HB: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Brayden Maynard
    C: Daniel Wells, Adam Treloar, Steele Sidebottom
    HF: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Ben Reid, Jordan De Goey
    F: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Alex Fasolo
    R: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Taylor Adams
    INT: Travis Varcoe, Tyson Goldsack, Tom Phillips, Jack Crisp
    Not too many other tall backs to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a horrible Collingwood side. Very little fear factor in there for opponents - Treloar, Pendlebury, Wells if fit are hard to contain but that's about it
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

And people worry about how we will kick goals.....
    Last edited by Topdog; 22-10-2017 at 11:10 PM.

7. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That spine is horrific . Midfield is decent, although it runs one way .I’m staggered they didn't try and get a few KPP’s in the trade period

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    That spine is horrific . Midfield is decent, although it runs one way .I’m staggered they didn't try and get a few KPP’s in the trade period
    Maybe they couldn't compete because of salary cap , they paid a lot to get some of those players.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

17 other clubs are going to love that.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Supporters of both clubs must be worried. In Collingwood's case, I figure they have spent up big on the likes of Treloar, Adams and De Goey in recent years (not to mention Greenwood, Howe, Aish, White, Dunn, WHE, Varcoe, Crisp) and don't have the salary cap and/or will to risk a draft pick on average talent.

North look even more troubled, they cleared the decks somewhat, delisting competent players with a little left in the tank (Gibson, Mullett, Hansen) and made big plays for the likes of Dusty Martin and Josh Kelly through the year, so are cashed up but seemingly unable to attract anyone to them (kinda makes sense really).
    Wells, Mayne, the list goes on and on.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Supporters of both clubs must be worried. In Collingwood's case, I figure they have spent up big on the likes of Treloar, Adams and De Goey in recent years (not to mention Greenwood, Howe, Aish, White, Dunn, WHE, Varcoe, Crisp) and don't have the salary cap and/or will to risk a draft pick on average talent.

North look even more troubled, they cleared the decks somewhat, delisting competent players with a little left in the tank (Gibson, Mullett, Hansen) and made big plays for the likes of Dusty Martin and Josh Kelly through the year, so are cashed up but seemingly unable to attract anyone to them (kinda makes sense really).
    I am calling it now- North are clearly tanking. There is a strong draft coming and they want to be in the box seat (especially after failing to lose the last game thsi year and rocketing from last place to 15th). North supporters are going to have a few very painful years one would think.

Post Thanks / Like

No, look, Collingwood are spending part of their salary cap on a time-travel enabled Dodge Delorian in the year circa 2006 and plan to squeeze about 5 of those guys in it, then send it to our current plane of existence. Once this happens, their side will actually look pretty good.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

They delisted Keeffe and strangely Schade too, I though Schade shows signs of being able to play - pretty sure we were into him too when he was playing at the Suns.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood ,for a team with all those resources they brag about means nothing if you have got the wrong people in jobs, seriously their player choices have been horrid in recent years, paying overs, getting in injury prone players, old players and players like Maine.
    They say they did a whole review of the club but their work during the trade period shows nothing's changed.
    A true overview in my opinion would have meant Eddie and bucks needed to go, Eddie is never questioned and has too much say in final decisions ( or are they all his decisions and the board just agrees?) it seems.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie’s blamed equalisation and in particular the soft cap , which is just completely irrelevant to bad recruiting and coaching .

Post Thanks / Like

DFA

Aaron Mullett joins Carlton and untried Bomber Alex Morgan now a Kangaroo.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    DFA

Aaron Mullett joins Carlton and untried Bomber Alex Morgan now a Kangaroo.
    North is fast becoming a trainwreck.