Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  75
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other clubs trade activity

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Yes it's a straight forward equation for them

They are starting to do a good job bringing guys back and they have to open up spots in the team and in the list

Crozier could be a good addition for us - ready to go IMO
    He played 19 games for them last year so we would have to think he's going to do something similar with us. Playing as a half forward this year his disposal numbers numbers were understandably a bit down on his 2016 numbers (where he played as a defender/winger) but ironically his best performance was a 20 possession game against us.
    Crozier kick 13 goals 17 so had 30 shots at goal. Perhaps playing more games at Etihad and hopefully with a stronger team will improve his conversion numbers. 16 goals 14 would look pretty good for us.
    Crozier averaged nearly 4 tackles a game so he gets the need to be defensive minded when playing as a forward.

He's probably not going to set the world on fire for us but be a consistent contributor. I'd say that he's pitted against Clay Smith and Dickson for a spot in our forward line.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He played 19 games for them last year so we would have to think he's going to do something similar with us. Playing as a half forward this year his disposal numbers numbers were understandably a bit down on his 2016 numbers (where he played as a defender/winger) but ironically his best performance was a 20 possession game against us.
    Crozier kick 13 goals 17 so had 30 shots at goal. Perhaps playing more games at Etihad and hopefully with a stronger team will improve his conversion numbers. 16 goals 14 would look pretty good for us.
    Crozier averaged nearly 4 tackles a game so he gets the need to be defensive minded when playing as a forward.

He's probably not going to set the world on fire for us but be a consistent contributor. I'd say that he's pitted against Clay Smith and Dickson for a spot in our forward line.
    And the rotating inside midfielder Wallis, Dunkley etc.

I have two questions:

- Dalrymple rates him, where does he think Crozier should be played? (Having played both forward and back flank)
    - Where does Bevo think Crozier should be played?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great questions BT, I think we will have to wait to see how it plays out.
    I suspect Dalrymple hasn't followed him much in the last few years and it's more of a J-Mac and Bevo identification. His kicking skills should appeal to Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Great questions BT, I think we will have to wait to see how it plays out.
    I suspect Dalrymple hasn't followed him much in the last few years and it's more of a J-Mac and Bevo identification. His kicking skills should appeal to Bevo.
    Looking at his goal kicking accuracy, is he better off high half back or wing maybe?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Looking at his goal kicking accuracy, is he better off high half back or wing maybe?
    He has kicked 44 goals-36 behinds in his career

Post Thanks / Like

Can we take/do we need Croozier and Devon Smith? I've seen a few trade equations with Devon Smith in them that I like the look of, which probably means they are hopelessly weighted toward us. But anyway do we need to bring two small defensive forwards on the list?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I was going of 13.17 this year as above. The question remains what's the role that's best for him and also the side, being he's played a few different roles.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going of 13.17 this year as above. The question remains what's the role that's best for him and also the side, being he's played a few different roles.
    He fits Bevo's mantra that he can play in more than one position. It will be interesting to see where he lines up initially.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe there is anything wrong with his kicking but with a slight improvement if would make a lot of difference.
    You could be right and he is seen more as a winger or defender for us

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    There might be a difference with his goal kicking when he is out if space and not a pressured forward.
    80 shots in 69 games. He can certainly get into the right spaces.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep this year he mainly played forward, previously more in the midfield and across half back

Post Thanks / Like

Yep this year he mainly played forward, previously more in the midfield and across half back
    Bevo probably thinking Dickson replacement.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

#whispers spotted Aaron Hall around Melbourne today. Meeting w/ MGMT + set to request a return to VIC.

Carlton said to be most keen #AFL

Should we be talking to him?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo probably thinking Dickson replacement.
    Dickson or Smith I would have thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    #whispers spotted Aaron Hall around Melbourne today. Meeting w/ MGMT + set to request a return to VIC.

Carlton said to be most keen #AFL

Should we be talking to him?
    Right price. Bundle him with Saad.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a little of Giansiracusa's wiliness about Crozier.
    BORDERLINE FLYING