Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    21,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Stringer



    Western Bulldog Matthew Suckling has expressed his thoughts on Jake Stringer’s imminent departure from the club.

    Even though Stringer has yet to officially request a trade, coach Luke Beveridge has publically said the mercurial forward is on the chopping block. While acknowledging it is apart of the modern football landscape, Suckling didn’t hide his dismay about the situation.

    “It’s obviously disappointing to lose a mate but that’s the industry we are in now,” he told SEN at today’s Variety Club Grand Final lunch.

    “I suppose you start to have mates at every club nowadays, so it’ll give me someone else to talk to after a game one day next year. It is sad to lose him.”

    The two-time premiership player with Hawthorn also passed on some advice for Richmond ahead of Saturday’s Grand Final clash against Adelaide.

    “You have to soak it up and enjoy it,” Suckling said.

    “Don’t overthink it. It’s a special week and you never know if you’re going to get back there. Try to enjoy it; it’s a different week.

    “Get everything done and organised early in the week and then enjoy it.”
    "Lets roll and hey...lets do it to them before they do it to us"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    8,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    A nothing article really, slow news day.
    Bring back the biff

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Ha.

    Fox Footy briefly spoke with Stringer and JJ today while they attended some kids' footy clinic and the gist from both of them was still lots to happen, nothing set in stone, yadda yadda, playing up the angle he could yet stay.

    And then as Stringer walks away a teenage girl in a Bombres jumper gushes "come to Essenduhhhn!" to which he replies "Heheh I'm trying!".
    Jock Sprinkles - Fearless and everywhere.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    8,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    He can try as much as he wants its our call
    Bring back the biff

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Ha.

    Fox Footy briefly spoke with Stringer and JJ today while they attended some kids' footy clinic and the gist from both of them was still lots to happen, nothing set in stone, yadda yadda, playing up the angle he could yet stay.

    And then as Stringer walks away a teenage girl in a Bombres jumper gushes "come to Essenduhhhn!" to which he replies "Heheh I'm trying!".
    Seriously???
    KT31, conjurer of 'The Love Schach'

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    It seriously came out of his mouth.

    Jake was either having a wry bit of fun - hilarious Jake - or indulging his usual impulse control.

    I'm pegging it's the former.
    Jock Sprinkles - Fearless and everywhere.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    It seriously came out of his mouth.

    Jake was either having a wry bit of fun - hilarious Jake - or indulging his usual impulse control.

    I'm pegging it's the former.
    Paul Connors probably not that amused by it.
    KT31, conjurer of 'The Love Schach'

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Paul Connors probably not that amused by it.
    Imagine you're right.

    Must feel good for Jake having another club tickling his arse with all the things he wants to hear.

    I reckon Connors is earning every bit of his commission with this client, whatever happens.
    Jock Sprinkles - Fearless and everywhere.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Imagine you're right.

    Must feel good for Jake having another club tickling his arse with all the things he wants to hear.

    I reckon Connors is earning every bit of his commission with this client, whatever happens.
    Connors gets no commission if he stays I imagine. I'd guess he's partial to him moving for that reason, but if Essendon stuff around, it should be clear quickly that it's 'no deal'.
    KT31, conjurer of 'The Love Schach'

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Algester, Qld
    Posts
    3,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Given David King's sentiments on AFL360 tonight, I'm getting the impression most AFL teams are very aware of Jake's issues and that it'd be a very brave club who believed his vow to get his act in order.

    As part of the schtick he donned a Stringer mask and said ' I promise I'll never, ever be late for training again'

    He then intimated good luck to the club who believes that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Given David King's sentiments on AFL360 tonight, I'm getting the impression most AFL teams are very aware of Jake's issues and that it'd be a very brave club who believed his vow to get his act in order.
    Our VFL team needs a half fit, half committed forward. Come on down Jake.
    KT31, conjurer of 'The Love Schach'

  12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Twodogs liked this post
  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    8,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Given David King's sentiments on AFL360 tonight, I'm getting the impression most AFL teams are very aware of Jake's issues and that it'd be a very brave club who believed his vow to get his act in order.

    As part of the schtick he donned a Stringer mask and said ' I promise I'll never, ever be late for training again'

    He then intimated good luck to the club who believes that.
    That's pretty full on to do that on national tv.
    I guess a lot of media know the real truth and that paints a worse light on it.
    Well we know it's been going on two years so I guess clubs will know as well and it looks like some have dropped off.
    Bring back the biff

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern Suburbs
    Posts
    2,486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Given David King's sentiments on AFL360 tonight, I'm getting the impression most AFL teams are very aware of Jake's issues and that it'd be a very brave club who believed his vow to get his act in order.

    As part of the schtick he donned a Stringer mask and said ' I promise I'll never, ever be late for training again'

    He then intimated good luck to the club who believes that.
    So now North are in driving down his value. Great. The baits been taken. Pick 4 it is then.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    I guess nobody on this forum really knows for sure, but being an incorrigible romantic where the "Doggies are concerned, is there any chance that things have not gone too far with the playing/coaching group ? If Jakie is truly going to clean up his act I would rather see him stay and do it with us. Could that still happen ?
    I stopped fighting my inner demons,
    We are on the same side now.

  16. Likes WBFC4FFC, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
  17. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    8,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I guess nobody on this forum really knows for sure, but being an incorrigible romantic where the "Doggies are concerned, is there any chance that things have not gone too far with the playing/coaching group ? If Jakie is truly going to clean up his act I would rather see him stay and do it with us. Could that still happen ?
    It's a strange one seems some players don't want to see him go. But they seem to understand why and have obviously told him to pull his head in and be fully committed many times .
    Bring back the biff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •