Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I guess nobody on this forum really knows for sure, but being an incorrigible romantic where the "Doggies are concerned, is there any chance that things have not gone too far with the playing/coaching group ? If Jakie is truly going to clean up his act I would rather see him stay and do it with us. Could that still happen ?
    It comes back to Jake again, is he prepared to commit to the club and do what he is supposed to do, ie to be an AFL player you need to be professional on and off the field and work hard to get results.

He needs to convince Bevo he will do that, but will he do it?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Connors gets no commission if he stays I imagine. I'd guess he's partial to him moving for that reason, but if Essendon stuff around, it should be clear quickly that it's 'no deal'.
    He gets his % cut from whatever the 2018 contract will be.
    Conners tends to get players to stay with their first club and suck the life out of every marketing allowance / TPD he can. As far as managers go he's not one of the bad ones.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He gets his % cut from whatever the 2018 contract will be.
    Conners tends to get players to stay with their first club and suck the life out of every marketing allowance / TPD he can. As far as managers go he's not one of the bad ones.
    Not having a dig at Connors. But if an agent signs a player to a new club he gets a new pay day. If the agent doesn't, he gets the contracted amount but nothing extra for negotiations if they end in nothing happening. Potentially a lot of work for nothing, especially if Jake was making the comments earlier in this thread.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not having a dig at Connors. But if an agent signs a player to a new club he gets a new pay day. If the agent doesn't, he gets the contracted amount but nothing extra for negotiations if they end in nothing happening. Potentially a lot of work for nothing, especially if Jake was making the comments earlier in this thread.
    Jake either signs a new contract in the next month or in 12 months time. Connors will get paid more with a bigger contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Jake either signs a new contract in the next month or in 12 months time. Connors will get paid more with a bigger contract.
    To be fair to Connors, I don't think it's all about the money but I agree with you view that with bigger contracts his pockets are filled.

He would have got it from us if Stringer played good footy for us this year
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No guarantee Stringer will get a bigger contract and if he continues how he is going their is no guarantee he will even be playing AFL the year after.
    Connors will be happy just getting him a solid deal this year then see how that turns out I would imagine.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To be fair to Connors, I don't think it's all about the money but I agree with you view that with bigger contracts his pockets are filled.

He would have got it from us if Stringer played good footy for us this year
    Connors is a creep and he's lucky to have a position in the industry. Stringer's wellbeing is directly linked to his ROI and is his primary concern.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Connors is a creep and he's lucky to have a position in the industry. Stringer's wellbeing is directly linked to his ROI and is his primary concern.
    Care to expand further?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I guess nobody on this forum really knows for sure, but being an incorrigible romantic where the "Doggies are concerned, is there any chance that things have not gone too far with the playing/coaching group ? If Jakie is truly going to clean up his act I would rather see him stay and do it with us. Could that still happen ?
    It's inevitable that Dodoro will low-ball and stuff everybody around. That'll likely mean Jake stays and is forced to piss or get off the pot. Hopefully he pulls his finger out after he realises no one ultimately values him as being worthy of a first round pick...

That should deflate the package, somewhat..

This is far from unprecedented. Stevie J, Daniel Hannebery, Dustin Martin etc. have all been out the door, only to come back in and straighten up. The only issue I can see is that Jake is part of a small problematic brat pack that may need to be broken up.

It's more than sad to see certain players pissing away our dream of a dynasty...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    It's more than sad to see certain players pissing away our dream of a dynasty...
    ... which seems to echo the club's sentiments. I just wish we hadn't broadcast it before trying to dispatch the ringleader.

Unless of course that was all part of the plan.

You'd hope so rather than fathom we felt this was the best way of flipping a high profile asset for maximum gain.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

The trouble with Stringer:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jake's ex has just unleashed which explains a few things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Care to expand further?
    I can't stand player managers and think that they are nothing more than lecherous conmen.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Well Jake's ex has just unleashed which explains a few things.
    For those who want to read it

Definitely cooling on the idea of him staying. Will be hard to support him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I can't stand player managers and think that they are nothing more than lecherous conmen.
    Above article has Stringers ex saying she and Pail controlled the finances so Jake wouldn't gamble it away but Paul would just give him whatever money he wanted.

EDIT: Looks like this is being discussed in the other thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    For those who want to read it

Definitely cooling on the idea of him staying. Will be hard to support him now.

Above article has Stringers ex saying she and Pail controlled the finances so Jake wouldn't gamble it away but Paul would just give him whatever money he wanted.

EDIT: Looks like this is being discussed in the other thread
    It is his money, and his to do what he wants with.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.