Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Impey trade worth

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Supporters of Port don't rate him highly at all.
    They also don't rate literacy.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Supporters of Port don't rate him highly at all.
    They don't run the club, they have as much say as we do at our club with these decisions.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    They don't run the club, they have as much say as we do at our club with these decisions.
    I think he's providing that info as more of a 'buyer beware' scenario. From what I've read it is his skills and decision making that let him down, as well as a preference to play outside.

I don't want him.

Post Thanks / Like

Impey is a very honest footballer with a good turn of pace, nothing more. I wouldn't be adverse to bringing him in but I also would hope we aren't exhausting ourselves over his recruitment.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW I think there is probably limited substance to the rumours of us being interested in him anyway. The reporter only mentioned it a few hours after the photo of Bont eating dinner came out.

From the sounds of Trengove/Impey's friendship, it's not inconceivable that he was just there as a mate. Doesn't mean the club is chasing him.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a moneyball pick - could be good value as a player with experience in a new environment but giving up pick 26 is ridiculous

My suspicion is Port are clearing cap for others and Inpey on moderate money is a target to be got rid of, as they don't rate his output they highly

Post Thanks / Like

I think Impey would be a decent pick up. Seems a player to me that still has plenty of room for improvement in his game & his attributes are in short supply at the kennel. Bevo is the type that can get his game to the next level.

Post Thanks / Like

What'd we get for Stevens and Hrovat. That's about what he's worth

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest worry with Impey is he isn't clean with his hands and his disposal is erratic from the games I've seen him play.

Not sure he's a great need for us. Would rather hit the draft than use a spot for him.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The biggest worry with Impey is he isn't clean with his hands and his disposal is erratic from the games I've seen him play.

Not sure he's a great need for us. Would rather hit the draft than use a spot for him.
    I quite like him but like you I don't know how badly we need him. We might have more pressing needs
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What'd we get for Stevens and Hrovat. That's about what he's worth
    Both the boys above were out of contract, Impey still has year to go on a contract. He might be worth a bit more than our two just on that factor.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Impey as a pressure small forward would be a good addition, but I can't speak to his work rate. He did have some issues this year though, which could explain a down year.

2 years ago Port were praising him and mentioning him as their biggest improver and one to watch.

Agree there's a question mark on his ball handling - he can be fumbly. I think his skills can be improved, especially if stationed in the forward line. Not sure he copes well with midfield/half back traffic.

Cost is an interesting one - probably depends on a few factors, such as Port likely needing to clear cap space for a few players and how close of a relationship the Trengove/Impey one is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I quite like him but like you I don't know how badly we need him. We might have more pressing needs
    I reckon our defensive pressure in the forward line was deplorable this season and placed enormous pressure on our backline as a result. It's an area we need to improve - only need to look at the 2017 premiers to see how effective it can be in nullifying opposition strengths.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Topdog, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I reckon our defensive pressure in the forward line was deplorable this season and placed enormous pressure on our backline as a result. It's an area we need to improve - only need to look at the 2017 premiers to see how effective it can be in nullifying opposition strengths.
    That's cute. You thought we had any defensive pressure in the forward line this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's gonna be a very good player he's got a lot of things going for him but he'll be extremely hard to pry loose. I don't think there's anything in the rumors at all.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.