Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  37
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Impey trade worth

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yep, after watching that highlight package I want him. I love how he constantly backs himself to run and bounce. With how footy is played today, players that can run into space breaks open zones and creates opportunity for others. Exactly the player we need.

Now can someone post a lowlights package. Highlight packages can be deceiving.

There's a niche YouTube channel right there.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Impey is a bit kamikaze with the ball, wouldn't give more than a third rounder
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if Motlop ends up at Port than Impey might be surplus to requirements. I'm very keen on Impey, so heres hoping Motlop chooses Port.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Impey is a bit kamikaze with the ball, wouldn't give more than a third rounder
    My thoughts exactly.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    +1

Shades of Dahlhaus and his tendency towards haphazard, scrappy ball handling that kills possession chains dead and too often hurts us going the other way.

It's a sin of commission rather than omission but that makes it no less costly.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IMPEY OUT OF THE POWER?

PORT Adelaide premiership player Kane Cornes says Jarman Impey has played his last game for the Power.

Cornes believes Impey will return to Victoria during the trade period, with Hawthorn keen to secure his services.

“I’m hearing that Jarman Impey will be leaving the Port Adelaide Football Club,” Cornes said on AFL Trade Radio.

“Hawthorn have a really keen interest in Jarman Impey. How they get that deal done, I’m not exactly sure. When you look at Hawthorn, they aren’t exactly blessed with draft picks.

“They (Hawthorn) have shown a huge interest in Jarman Impey who has struggled since the passing of his father and does want to be closer to family back in Victoria.

“He does have a close relationship with Jackson Tregrove. The fact that he (Tregrove) is leaving means that Impey will be leaving the Port Adelaide Football Club.”

9. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawks thinks they will get him with pick 32 or later
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hawks thinks they will get him with pick 32 or later
    Would you give up 26 for him? He's officially informed Port he's out.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be more interesting to guess FA compo. Rockliff first round, Trengove second round, Motlop mid second round.

Dogs: Pick 27
    Hawks: Pick 35

That's a big difference to Port, 8 picks higher. Is he worth 27?

Edit: unless Taylor Duryea goes as a free agent for a second rounder, netting them Pick 25.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Might be more interesting to guess FA compo. Rockliff first round, Trengove second round, Motlop mid second round.

It's slightly overs but not much and I'd yield that up. Depends how much we want him.

Actually despite his deficiences I think we really need his type. If we are into him we're in the box seat.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: unless Taylor Duryea goes as a free agent for a second rounder, netting them Pick 25.
    There will be no compo for Trengove will there because Port are getting a FA themselves. Rockcliff will be end of first round I suspect

Pick 38 is probably on the money but maybe it has to be 26 with potentially something coming back to us.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that in a reasonable market Impey is worth more than Stringer is in an unreasonable market.

Essendon eh.....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes bulldogtragic, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There will be no compo for Trengove will there because Port are getting a FA themselves. Rockcliff will be end of first round I suspect

Pick 38 is probably on the money but maybe it has to be 26 with potentially something coming back to us.
    Then it's our 27 to Hawks 34 (7 picks). Hawks beat us with 34 over our 38, unless they have a fringe player of ours that makes them happy with a lower pick.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Then it's our 27 to Hawks 34 (7 picks). Hawks beat us with 34 over our 38, unless they have a fringe player of ours that makes them happy with a lower pick.
    I'm not keen on offering up 27 for him - I'd like to take either 2 or 3 picks in the top 30 and add some run and dash, and elite kicking - basically 3 Lindsay Gilbee types

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I'm not keen on offering up 27 for him - I'd like to take either 2 or 3 picks in the top 30 and add some run and dash, and elite kicking - basically 3 Lindsay Gilbee types
    And guess what, they're available

The problem is at the moment we probably don't have the spots for 3 if we acquire Trengove and one other in a trade.