Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  37
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Impey trade worth

Whenever we are in competition with another club for a player, we routinely miss out.

Needs to change.

Post Thanks / Like

For Jarman Impey ? Just a player

Post Thanks / Like

Only Browne reporting it. No announcement. Doubt a decision has been made and the of person who knows is Browne AND he waited until the news to announce it.

He very may well choose the Hawks but i believe Stringer chose Geelong 4 times before actually making a decision to join the bombers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    For Jarman Impey ? Just a player
    I think TBB is saying why on most occasions can't we convince a player, in a two horse race, to pick us? Irrespective of the player. In some cases, like throwing years and huge money at Lonergan, we couldn't convince him.

Come to think of it we've done really well with players whose teams, and most teams didn't want like Biggs & Hamling.

If we only get Trengove & Crozier with out currency and huge cap to use, that's a meek trade period. If Stringer goes for anything under 11 it will be another poor trade period.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tom Browne reporting Impey has chosen Hawks
    That's not too bad. It means we can now have look at other options

He's made a mistake picking the Hawks though
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think TBB is saying why on most occasions can't we convince a player, in a two horse race, to pick us? Irrespective of the player. In some cases, like throwing years and huge money at Lonergan, we couldn't convince him.

Come to think of it we've done really well with players whose teams, and most teams didn't want like Biggs & Hamling.

If we only get Trengove & Crozier with out currency and huge cap to use, that's a meek trade period. If Stringer goes for anything under 11 it will be another poor trade period.
    We thought we were a destination club but in reality we aren't. It's the nature of the AFL at the moment.

There is a certain amount of compromise we need to accept. I'm not happy about it but we just need to keep rolling up the sleeves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We thought we were a destination club but in reality we aren't. It's the nature of the AFL at the moment.

There is a certain amount of compromise we need to accept. I'm not happy about it but we just need to keep rolling up the sleeves.
    Bang on. I would've thought a young team winning a premiership, with huge parade, GF sweet hearts, crowds, Friday night games ... Would count for something with players. But not. As you say, scratch his name off the list and keep on truckin.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly he wants to play with Cyril

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Only Browne reporting it. No announcement. Doubt a decision has been made and the of person who knows is Browne AND he waited until the news to announce it.

He very may well choose the Hawks but i believe Stringer chose Geelong 4 times before actually making a decision to join the bombers
    Off topic but from my knowledge Jake hasn't yet made a decision has he? Yet again all the journal's have said for the past 3 weeks that Jake will make his decision is the next couple of days. They just guess and hope they get it right .
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

I'm upset if we don't land a big fish ( Hurley)but to be honest Impey is pretty small fry .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm upset if we don't land a big fish ( Hurley)but to be honest Impey is pretty small fry .
    And yet we did a great job there and left noting to chance but in the end the player opted for a god father offer by a club that manipulated the system.
    Players are often poorly advised by their managers as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if poppy was on his way out after the Impey news

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And yet we did a great job there and left noting to chance but in the end the player opted for a god father offer by a club that manipulated the system.
    Players are often poorly advised by their managers as well.
    We did , and they had to up their offer . I reckon that's what Dodoro is annoyed about with us .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if poppy was on his way out after the Impey news
    There was murmurings GWS were into Poppy .
    He'd be handy for us with his forward pressure, and we were keen in his draft year.

Post Thanks / Like

There was murmurings GWS were into Poppy .
    He'd be handy for us with his forward pressure, and we were keen in his draft year.
    Do you mean WOOF was keen or the club

Because I know woofers thought he was the logical Harbrow replacement