Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs stuck in 2016 Glory

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs stuck in 2016 Glory

Well you can't read that and then doubt Bevo's decision to rid Stringer. If Bevo has lost patience with you then you must be a great cause of trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

It contradicts previous statements from the club that there was no hangover. Time to get serious
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It contradicts previous statements from the club that there was no hangover. Time to get serious
    Yeah i think there was a bit of denial going on which is disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah i think there was a bit of denial going on which is disappointing.
    I think it was originally just a distraction and to deny we had some challenges and we now have an honest assessment.
    The players and coaches need to get serious and make sure it isn't even close to being repeated. It doesn't matter which player but if any of them aren't switched on I'd like to think we will make the hard calls now from the lessons learned this season.

Anything less than 100% now reflects on Bevo and the coaches.

7. Likes ratsmac, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It does but you don't really expect the club to come out and say we are in are premiership hangover mid season. I would of hoped that our senior officials were well aware of the mental state of the group is/was. You just hope that it was a massive lesson learned not to rest on your laurels and respect each season and it's opposition.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It does but you don't really expect the club to come out and say we are in are premiership hangover mid season. I would of hoped that our senior officials were well aware of the mental state of the group is/was. You just hope that it was a massive lesson learned not to rest on your laurels and respect each season and it's opposition.
    They shouldn't have answered the question so definitively

As I said previously if we haven't learned from that and have similar challenges next year it falls on the coaches.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was originally just a distraction and to deny we had some challenges and we now have an honest assessment.
    The players and coaches need to get serious and make sure it isn't even close to being repeated. It doesn't matter which player but if any of them aren't switched on I'd like to think we will make the hard calls now from the lessons learned this season.

Anything less than 100% now reflects on Bevo and the coaches.
    Agreed but I would go a step further and say that much of the blame for a poor 2017 should be directed at the coaching group and the club as a whole.

Our President was handing out invites to get on the sauce and watch a replay of the GF in March, while we had "Premiers 2016" splattered across our venue for an entire year after the fact!

We said we had learned from the Hawthorn of 2008, but in reality the entire club was content with what it had done.

11. Likes WBFC4FFC, Ghost Dog, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agreed but I would go a step further and say that much of the blame for a poor 2017 should be directed at the coaching group and the club as a whole.

Our President was handing out invites to get on the sauce and watch a replay of the GF in March, while we had "Premiers 2016" splattered across our venue for an entire year after the fact!

We said we had learned from the Hawthorn of 2008, but in reality the entire club was content with what it had done.
    I sort of get the reasons why we trusted the players but too many of them then took advantage of it and we paid a hefty price for it. Fool me once.

The whole club needs to now say forget 2016 and make 2018 the priority. If anyone gets in that way I'd hope we jump on it straight away. They've had their gap year not that they deserved one but they certainly can't have two.

13. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I sort of get the reasons why we trusted the players but too many of them then took advantage of it and we paid a hefty price for it. Fool me once.

The whole club needs to now say forget 2016 and make 2018 the priority. If anyone gets in that way I'd hope we jump on it straight away. They've had their gap year not that they deserved one but they certainly can't have two.
    Whilst the below standard performance of 4-6 of our core players was a significnat reason as to why we performed poorly this year, it wasn't the sole reason and I would hope a thorough review is occuring to why we couldn't consistently get our best team on the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Whilst the below standard performance of 4-6 of our core players was a significnat reason as to why we performed poorly this year, it wasn't the sole reason and I would hope a thorough review is occuring to why we couldn't consistently get our best team on the park.
    Yep, it's not just that we have a handful of distracted players and a few injuries it would be interesting to know why we had so many injuries and we would be hoping that the club is reviewing this thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd even go back to the family day when they replayed the game on the scoreboard !
    We hung on for to long , and the premiers sign on the concourse for the whole 17 season was over the top

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to love Bevo any more? He's now quoting Spoon songs
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

18. Likes chef, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I think the article fits as hindsight. As you say all the players and coaching staff would have bought in and said as much but in the end, unfortunately, that was clearly not the case.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Is it possible to love Bevo any more? He's now quoting Spoon songs
    Wow. He’s either a true renaissance man or an elite level Googler
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

21. Likes Sedat, Raw Toast liked this post