Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Fixture

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Fixture

What are we hoping for with our fixture for season 2018?

As we finished between 7th-12th will be getting a fixture in the "medium range". Nowadays no "easy" games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What are we hoping for with our fixture for season 2018?

As we finished between 7th-12th will be getting a fixture in the "medium range". Nowadays no "easy" games.
    Didn't help us this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I would expect at least 4 Friday night games, including Good Friday with North and us as the home team this time. Season opener to continue with Collingwood.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be pretty balanced, less Friday nights and more Sunday twilights than in 2017 but not as bad previous years
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

And two at Ballarat

Post Thanks / Like

I have to spend a week in Melbourne for work sometime in about 6 months, desperately want a Friday night match around that time so I can work out what week to be there!

Post Thanks / Like

There are only five days between this round 1 Sunday game and Good Friday, so the AFL have surely booted us out of the fixture after just one year and despite large number of our supporters attending what was an away game for us this year.

Really hoping for North and St Kilda/Carlton to get a crap crowd and for the League to be roasted over this rubbish decision.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/...25-gz7x6k.html

http://www.footyology.com.au/afl-nee...riday-fixture/

Post Thanks / Like

Brace yourselves, we are going to get pummeled by the AFL with their fixture. They were pissed about giving us a reasonable return last year (while still being so petty as to make nearly all Friday nights away games) and having not lived up to expectations they'll use that as an excuse to give us a draw worthy of a wooden spooner.

I predict;

- Good Friday gone. Justified by missing finals last year while giving it two teams that finished below us

- Zero Friday night games

- Heaps of Sunday games

- Majority of home games against interstate cubs

Gilligan and his Muppets are determined to create a have and have nots league.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Brace yourselves, we are going to get pummeled by the AFL with their fixture. They were pissed about giving us a reasonable return last year (while still being so petty as to make nearly all Friday nights away games) and having not lived up to expectations they'll use that as an excuse to give us a draw worthy of a wooden spooner.

I predict;

- Good Friday gone. Justified by missing finals last year while giving it two teams that finished below us

- Heaps of Sunday games

This attitude has permeated messaging through head office and the media even since our last fixture was released, and has gotten stronger post season this year.

The AFL is an idiotic and non-progressive organisation that hasn't realised inclusiveness is actually more profitable than the alternative. How can they seriously think that marginalising some groups of supporters is good for business? The *!*!*!*!ing idiots wouldn't know the benefits of diversity if they tripped over them, and once again - as I always say, they are really lucky they don't have any viable and natural competition in their heartlands.

Now, one more thing without being anti-elite - the AFL would do well with less people like Gill at the top of the tree, or the Simon Lethlean's or take your pick thereafter. These people are establishment pragmatists, they have no regard for what is beyond the establishment and what is important to an average punter. I have mixed and played with their ilk, they have no idea.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

I predict;

- Heaps of Sunday games

Yep the AFEL strike again. North, Saints and Dogs handed the dud Round 1 draw. How predictable. And on the back of one poor year we've been banished to the wooden spoon timeslots and stripped off Good Friday. The double standards of this league are amazing. It's only a matter of time until it does them in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yep the AFEL strike again. North, Saints and Dogs handed the dud Round 1 draw. How predictable. And on the back of one poor year we've been banished to the wooden spoon timeslots and stripped off Good Friday. The double standards of this league are amazing. It's only a matter of time until it does them in.
    They have only released one game as far as I know, I will wait until they whole fixture is released before I go off tap , losing Friday night games would astound me,especially when most were away games last year for us . So we got bugger all out of it anyway.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

"Hello 4.40pm Sundays my old friend."

Hard to believe we will not be given another commercially garbage draw in 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL Round 1, 2018

Thursday, March 22

Richmond v Carlton, MCG, 7.25pm

Friday, March 23

Essendon v Adelaide, Etihad Stadium, 7.50pm

Saturday, March 24

St Kilda v Brisbane Lions, Etihad Stadium, 3.35pm

Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 4.35pm

Gold Coast v North Melbourne, Cazaly’s Stadium, Cairns, 7.25pm

Hawthorn v Collingwood, MCG, 7.25pm

Sunday, March 25

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs, Canberra, 1.10pm

Melbourne v Geelong, MCG, 3.20pm

West Coast v Sydney, Perth Stadium, 7.10pm

ALL Melbourne times
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

14. Thanks GVGjr, Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't have asked for a much worse first game of the season than that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take that

GWS will have had approx. 4 less weeks pre-season than us by that stage. We will be cherry ripe.

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post