Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Fixture

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Fixture

Good draw. Just dissapointing no games in Qld. Was a good showing in both Cairns and at the Gabba this season

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad fixture. Very happy to not be getting any 4:40pm games. Would have been good to get a few more Saturday afternoon games at the 1:45pm or 2:10pm timeslot but I'm alright with Saturday night and it's good that we have some Friday night games again. Would be good to see why we didn't get the Good Friday game. I was thinking we were a lock for that game for a few years at least.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty decent draw . No Geelong, thank god .

Post Thanks / Like

It's pathetic that we get shafted from Good Friday footy, with the reasoning being that "it's good to rotate it".

Why don't they rotate Anzac Day? Queens Birthday? Dreamtime?

Nevermind the fact that Carltank are once again rewarded for being 16th on the ladder with 5 primetime slots. AFL already forgot about 2015?

But yes, that aside, our fixture is OK.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlton have got 4 Friday night games !
    Incredible !Though you have to “earn” blockbuster stays ?

Post Thanks / Like

Great draw just spewing the only game I'll miss is Rd 3 against Jake of all games why a Sunday deserved a Friday or Saturday Night

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    Great draw just spewing the only game I'll miss is Rd 3 against Jake of all games why a Sunday deserved a Friday or Saturday Night
    I'm not sure about that. He's not really a star player.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

So Patrick Keane just highlighted via twitter that there was a media release last year saying that the Good Friday fixture would be rotated. So we obviously knew this was the case. Not sure what we are seeking to achieve by taking it up with the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    So Patrick Keane just highlighted via twitter that there was a media release last year saying that the Good Friday fixture would be rotated. So we obviously knew this was the case. Not sure what we are seeking to achieve by taking it up with the league.

Good. Rotate North out of then. Leave the club with more members, draws bigger crowds, more sponsors, more supporters, more success and doesn't drop half their team in round 23 when it suits them such is their arrogance and disdain for the AFL.

The bloody AFL. Just like a dog the more you kick it the more it loves you. Esendon and North spend most of their existences in utter contempt of their governing bodies and get everything. We "yes sir, good sir, three bags *!*!*!*!ing full sir" at every turn and get treated like something the AFL found wedged between their toes.

I hate our club sometimes.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don’t mind that we’re seeking clarity around why we weren’t offered a spot - the answer might be that we didn’t do enough to promote the game in the lead up if the AFL’s Matt Thompson is to be believed.

Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see the media release Patrick

Edit: Here it is from October 2016

But it may not be a permanent arrangement for the Kangaroos, with the AFL confirming that the Good Friday teams and locations could change beyond 2017.

"The AFL acknowledges the requests from a number of clubs to play on Good Friday and we will consider the appropriate match-up and venue on a year-to-year basis," Auld said.

The AFL will release the full fixture for 2017 on Thursday.
    Well North should be out next year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but the whole 'the AFL doesn't give us a fair go' narrative doesn't really wash with me.
    The equalisation measures brought in over the past few years have been significant - the last two premiers hadn't won a flag in decades, we're now finally getting plenty of Friday night games - I think we are doing alright in the scheme of things.

We've been the side rotated out of the Good Friday fixture first...is it really that much of a big deal. In one post its that the big clubs get everything, and then in the next post its 'well North should be rotated out because our crowds/membership is better'.

Just as long as there is something to blame the league for I guess. Last time I checked, there are 18 clubs demanding their fare share - not just us.

15. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but the whole 'the AFL doesn't give us a fair go' narrative doesn't really wash with me.
    The equalisation measures brought in over the past few years have been significant - the last two premiers hadn't won a flag in decades, we're now finally getting plenty of Friday night games - I think we are doing alright in the scheme of things.

We've been the side rotated out of the Good Friday fixture first...is it really that much of a big deal. In one post its that the big clubs get everything, and then in the next post its 'well North should be rotated out because our crowds/membership is better'.

Just as long as there is something to blame the league for I guess. Last time I checked, there are 18 clubs demanding their fare share - not just us.
    True equalisation will only happen when:

* the fixture is fair. With 22 games per year, each team should play each other once and then the remaining games either drawn out of a hat, or teams play each other twice over a set period of seasons.

* When every team gets access to Friday night

* When every team is featured equally on free to air

* When every team gets to travel to Geelong, Hobart, Launceston, and interstate - looking at you Collingwood/Essendon/Richmond/Carlton and others

But, this won't happen and we will continue to whinge and have the right to do so.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all fine if 2019 Good Friday is Bulldogs v Saints. Then it's all good. But it won't be. If you think for 1 second the AFL is being fair then you are deluded.

Carlton, who have not played finals in years, have 4 friday night games this year. And continue to be given friday night games despite being atrocious on the field. If we had the sort of performances they have had we would have been given ZERO friday night games and banished to 4.40 on sundays (like between 2012 and 2015).

Now the AFL come out saying they will rotate Good Friday football. Ok fine. I get it. But rotate all the others. I understand the ANZAC day thing but don't for one second say they can't rotate the opening round game or queens birthday or ANZAC eve. Makes no difference who plays those games either. I can't for the life of me work out why the AFL gives the opening game to Richmond and Carlton all the time. It makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's all fine if 2019 Good Friday is Bulldogs v Saints. Then it's all good. But it won't be. If you think for 1 second the AFL is being fair then you are deluded.

Carlton, who have not played finals in years, have 4 friday night games this year. And continue to be given friday night games despite being atrocious on the field. If we had the sort of performances they have had we would have been given ZERO friday night games and banished to 4.40 on sundays (like between 2012 and 2015).

Now the AFL come out saying they will rotate Good Friday football. Ok fine. I get it. But rotate all the others. I understand the ANZAC day thing but don't for one second say they can't rotate the opening round game or queens birthday or ANZAC eve. Makes no difference who plays those games either. I can't for the life of me work out why the AFL gives the opening game to Richmond and Carlton all the time. It makes no sense.
    As far as I am concerned ANZAC day is not out of bounds either

20. Likes WBFC4FFC, Topdog liked this post