Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  86
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jason McCartney

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gee JMAC must have a lonely existence at the club as rumours were floating around he and Dalrymple are not speaking also.

He mutts just come in, sit at his desk, sign our latest signing or resign our best players and go home.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

When a star is on the move, people will want to know why. We had no choice but to speak out. Only thing I'd change is holding fire for a week or so longer. Prob wouldn't have changed anything as the talk of an exit interview blow up was turning into screams, so we were going to have to respond at some point.

Maybe we should've had his exit interview the day before trade week started?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure why people were off him, I agree he has done a great job.
    Perceptually, a poor negotiator at the trade table and rumours of not getting along with Dalrymple.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Perceptually, a poor negotiator at the trade table and rumours of not getting along with Dalrymple.
    I will take a bad negotiator who who doesn't get on with anyone When he gives us a flag winning list any day.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't blame JMac or Bevo for the shit situation we were faced with. I blame Stringer.
    Totally agree with you BT.
    JMAc and Bevo put the club first, Jake puts Jake first.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From memory McCartney's contract expires end of November 2017.

Has anyone heard of late what the plans are in who is in charge of the list management space?

Chris Grant was very front and centre this trade and draft period. I can't recall if Chris Grant was this front and centre last trade / draft period. If he wasn't, perhaps that indicates that McCartney is on the move.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    From memory McCartney's contract expires end of November 2017.

Has anyone heard of late what the plans are in who is in charge of the list management space?

Chris Grant was very front and centre this trade and draft period. I can't recall if Chris Grant was this front and centre last trade / draft period. If he wasn't, perhaps that indicates that McCartney is on the move.
    I was only thinking along the same lines earlier today.
    Is it possible that Chris Grant took a more public position because of the impasse between Dodoro and McCartney?

If I'm reading more into J-Mac and him being linked to leaving could perhaps the position he coveted have been taken by someone else? At the Suns Jon Haines replaced Marcus Ashcroft as the head of football and Craig Cameron from Scott Clayton with a different reporting line.
    So I think that leaves different positions at GWS and the StKilda that need to be filled. I think we are a good chance to keep McCartney
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is it possible that Chris Grant took a more public position because of the impasse between Dodoro and McCartney?
    Grant was the front man for the Schache deal too IIRC, not that it necessarily means anything - all hands on deck the final day of trade period I'd imagine
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this on Facebook "Western Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney is set to move to GWS according to AFL Reporter Jennifer Phelan."

Well that sucks ...

11. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Afl.com.au reporting McCartney has 'defected to GWS'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Boooooo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Afl.com.au reporting McCartney has 'defected to GWS'.
    Dogs list manager defects to the Giants

JASON McCartney is set to be announced as Greater Western Sydney's new list manager.
    AFL.com.au understands McCartney will replace the recently departed Craig Cameron at the helm of the Giants' recruiting team.

McCartney is leaving the job of list manager at the Western Bulldogs, with his contract set to expire this month.
    There have been consistent rumblings of disharmony within the Dogs' recruiting team, notably with rumoured differences between McCartney and recruiting manager Simon Dalrymple.

McCartney has been at the Dogs since 2011, and played a part in assembling the club's drought-breaking premiership team of 2016.

Cameron suddenly resigned from the Giants just 11 days before Friday night's NAB AFL Draft, after accepting an expanded role with Gold Coast.

He was contracted with the Giants until the end of 2019.

The Giants were quick to distance themselves from Cameron, issuing a statement that stated they had "cut ties" with the list manager and had "immediately" started a search for his replacement.

Cameron is set to take up his role of general manager list and strategy with the Suns in mid-December.

It is understood Suns list manager Scott Clayton will finish up this week at Gold Coast after presiding over the recent national and rookie drafts.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS continue to copy us and poach our people/ex people

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping we were attuned to his likely departure and we've a replacement waiting to step in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    GWS continue to copy us and poach our people/ex people
    Best we keep Dalrymple at all cost.

Is there any competent list manager out there, excluding Scott Clayton & Terry Wallace? Could Rocket Eade do it? Bulldogtragic maybe?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023