Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Schache

This is an interesting piece by Caroline Wilson that's primarily on a spat between the Tigers and Brisbane over the de-valuing of Schache's currency (she also takes some swings at us over Stringer but best if that is discussed in another thread):

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/t...13-gz0fei.html
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    This is an interesting piece by Caroline Wilson that's primarily on a spat between the Tigers and Brisbane over the de-valuing of Schache's currency (she also takes some swings at us over Stringer but best if that is discussed in another thread):

She's right in that we won't get full market, and that Brisbane won't get market value. The best case is to take our unders and use them for unders on Schache. Then we get parity at least with one of the second rounders from Essendon.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of rumours going around about a meeting between the Tigers and Schache, which has caused Richmond to totally lose interest in Josh due to his emotional instability involving lots of tears when he talked about being away from his family.

For me that is not an issue...I would much rather someone with strong family ties (like the Bontempelli's) than someone from a broken family home.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    For me that is not an issue...I would much rather someone with strong family ties (like the Bontempelli's) than someone from a broken family home.
    Interesting. History tends to show that most great leaders/inventors lost a parent or experienced extended estrangement from a parent from early in their childhood. The theory is that the 'comfort' of a strong family background limits true greatness!

Not only did my parents pass on their bad genes to me - they hung around and gave me an innovation limiting positive upbringing.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

6. Likes hujsh, Dry Rot, Raw Toast, 1eyedog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently 'the list manager' (who helped destroy the Richmond list before being sacked) just said clubs fear Schache might be the next Watts (ie. Soft). So that's why interest is low/club looking for a low price.

If the stories of him breaking down in interviews are true, then he's clearly not been happy up there and may even be a bit of mental illness through home sickness. I don't think throwing it around publicly is good for anyone. A club with a good welfare set up should get him at a good price and work with him to achieve his potential. A player who wants to get better and wants to achieve isn't an issue, it's the players who don't give a shit or don't see themselves having a problem.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Interesting. History tends to show that most great leaders/inventors lost a parent or experienced extended estrangement from a parent from early in their childhood. The theory is that the 'comfort' of a strong family background limits true greatness!

Not only did my parents pass on their bad genes to me - they hung around and gave me an innovation limiting positive upbringing.
    Hahaha.

I think the adversity you mention can go one of both ways. Make people stronger or break them. Normal things make people more likely to sit in the normal band.

Post Thanks / Like

"Like the high-maintenance Stringer and the Bulldogs; Ambrogio, Chris Fagan and football boss David Noble must cut their losses and move the 20-year-old on."

I think your Richmond bias is showing a bit here Carowhine. If Dusty Martin played at any other club, you would have demanded he hand in his chopsticks and out the door long ago. But the fact is you don't quit so easily on a bloke once he is in your colours, do you.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Another article aimed at lowering the value of a key recruit to the journalists club. I'm shocked.

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Another article aimed at lowering the value of a key recruit to the journalists club. I'm shocked.
    Created a lot of bad blood though. Another club could offer a similarly low offer and Brisbane out of spite could take it, if it were close enough overall.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no basis for this thought, but I wonder if we’re interested in Schache on the premise that we get the right deal from Essendon for Stringer which we can use in then satisfying the Lions?

I find it a little strange that Schache hasn’t nominated a club. Perhaps a reason for not doing so yet is the uncertainty around us and Stringer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I have no basis for this thought, but I wonder if we’re interested in Schache on the premise that we get the right deal from Essendon for Stringer which we can use in then satisfying the Lions?

I find it a little strange that Schache hasn’t nominated a club. Perhaps a reason for not doing so yet is the uncertainty around us and Stringer?
    He's no doubt just desperate to get back to Victoria, and possibly not too picky, maximising his options by letting the Lions work the best deal that they can muster.

I would be very surprised if the Lions aren't working on something to ensure he gets to Victoria, and they get the best deal possible for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    He's no doubt just desperate to get back to Victoria, and possibly not too picky, maximising his options by letting the Lions work the best deal that they can muster.

I would be very surprised if the Lions aren't working on something to ensure he gets to Victoria, and they get the best deal possible for him.
    If we gain Schache and lose Stringer, we may get a big tick from members.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If we gain Schache and lose Stringer, we may get a big tick from members.
    If the end result is effectively Schache and Martin for Stringer, Campbell, it'd be even more sellable.

If we end up;

In: Trengrove, Crozier, Schache, Martin, 1st and 2nd round pick
    Out: Stringer, Campbell, delistees/trades for upgrades/future picks

I think we can look forward to 2018 with great hope

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from a couple of mentions on this forum I have seen no mention of Tom Campbell being traded. Personally I would be sorry to see him go, I still think he has a useful role to play for us. Is he being on the trade table fact, fiction or just speculation ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Apart from a couple of mentions on this forum I have seen no mention of Tom Campbell being traded. Personally I would be sorry to see him go, I still think he has a useful role to play for us. Is he being on the trade table fact, fiction or just speculation ?
    There was an article stating he wants to explore his options
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.