Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs:- Josh Schache

Stringer getting the arse landed us Schache, and helped a little towards Ed Richards. But let's just say it was Stringer vs Schache. If you had to pick one tonight, both top 5 picks who left for unders for a couple of mid range picks.

Schache: 13 disposals (85%), 4 marks, 2 tackles, 3.0, 6 score involvements, 1 GA (& smother to Dale goal in the square) (& rucked too). 1 free for, 0 against. Played 95 minutes.

Stringer: 7 disposals (43%), 1 mark, 3 tackles, 0.1, 2 score involvements, 0 GA. 1 free for, 3 against. Played 84 minutes.

If you had to pick one tonight to play for us, which one....
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Stringer getting the arse landed us Schache, and helped a little towards Ed Richards. But let's just say it was Stringer vs Schache. If you had to pick one tonight, both top 5 picks who left for unders for a couple of mid range picks.

Schache: 13 disposals (85%), 4 marks, 2 tackles, 3.0, 6 score involvements, 1 GA (& smother to Dale goal in the square) (& rucked too). 1 free for, 0 against. Played 95 minutes.

Stringer: 7 disposals (43%), 1 mark, 3 tackles, 0.1, 2 score involvements, 0 GA. 1 free for, 3 against. Played 84 minutes.

Schache every time
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

RhetoricAl question
    Stringer is a downhill skier

I am looking forward to the day when schache turns on beast mode and gets agressive in smashing packs and monstering defenders
    Hoping it’s 1 preseason away.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Stringer because in a good team he kicks a couple of goals a game. The guy's an all Australian, his talent profile is better than anyone in the league when it comes to his position.

I don't understand why people are saying Schache is finally coming into his own. He's four years in as a key forward. They take time and now that Tom Boyd is retired Josh is probably the harshest judged player in the league.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Josh worked hard all night, fluffed his best bit of work that was rewarded with a decent delivery, but stayed in the contest. He should have drawn another 4 free kicks and subsequent shots on goal but the umpires were not keen on pitting the boot into Essendon too.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You and I are going to talk about it repeatedly, but that kick to McLean...

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    You and I are going to talk about it repeatedly, but that kick to McLean...
    ... Yep. 200cm players aren't meant to do those things. A thing of beauty.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just happy Josh is showing us something to get excited about. I honestly thought when he was dropped that he'd never amount to much. He was a good finisher but if you couldn't get him the ball in space he was useless & thought that was just Josh & he'd never find that competitiveness.
    When Josh returned against the pies for me he was a different player. We lost that game but i went home excited that we might have found a player here. Josh has proven me wrong week in & week out since & i couldn't be happier. It might take a couple of years for Josh to be the player all woofers are hoping for. At least for me i can see it now so i'm happy to be patient with him.
    Keep it up young fella!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd take Stringer because in a good team he kicks a couple of goals a game. The guy's an all Australian, his talent profile is better than anyone in the league when it comes to his position.

I don't understand why people are saying Schache is finally coming into his own. He's four years in as a key forward. They take time and now that Tom Boyd is retired Josh is probably the harshest judged player in the league.
    I think (with hood form and his more consistent aggression) he's starting to turn commentators around, which should hopefully turn positive a mass of viewers who base their opinions solely on commentators. I can't adequately express how happy I am for the kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Just happy Josh is showing us something to get excited about. I honestly thought when he was dropped that he'd never amount to much. He was a good finisher but if you couldn't get him the ball in space he was useless & thought that was just Josh & he'd never find that competitiveness.
    When Josh returned against the pies for me he was a different player. We lost that game but i went home excited that we might have found a player here. Josh has proven me wrong week in & week out since & i couldn't be happier. It might take a couple of years for Josh to be the player all woofers are hoping for. At least for me i can see it now so i'm happy to be patient with him.
    Keep it up young fella!
    Personally it’s frightening what Naughton could be after another preseason, same for Bailey Smith, if Josh goes up one more Level this forward line we have detested for years might make us all look silly.
    Bring back the biff

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh and Naughty could turn into a lethal combination in the years ahead. I love Josh's hard at it approach he has developed as the year has gone on. He also was behind a number of goals we scored simply by competing and bringing the ball to ground. Great to see his progress.

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache just needs to hold some more overhead marks and he will be a big time player for us.
    Is someone who's around 200cm tall supposed to be able to kick to other players like he can?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes Testekill, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Schache just needs to hold some more overhead marks and he will be a big time player for us.
    Is someone who's around 200cm tall supposed to be able to kick to other players like he can?
    He got his hands to about 5 marks but couldn't hold them. If he gets that part right he will kick lots of goals each week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In a word, no.

Post Thanks / Like

How good was the pressure he applied to get a hand to the ball in the goal square that led up to the Bailey Dale goal? I loved that Josh was so excited to see one of his teammates kick a goal too. There was no 'me, me, me, how good am I?' type crap, just a teammate happy to see one of his teammates kick a goal.

Josh gets that footy is a team game and sometimes you have to throttle your own ambition in order for the team to have success.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite