Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post
    Not what I've heard.
    Do tell what you have heard now that you posted a teaser.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I haven't heard anything about Schache until quite recently when it became obvious that he might be available. We look at dozens of AFL and State League players each year and Schache is not a name I'd heard was of any particular interest. I'm not privy to everything the club does and we play our cards close to our chests, so I'm not claiming perfect knowledge, but I would have named a dozen players ahead of Schache that we've put some time into.

3. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Ralph tweeted about us and Schache at 4pm. And his article loaded online at 4pm says the dogs should trade for Schache.

Ralph Wigum seems more coherent.

And this.... :

"Already he (Stringer) has been used as the scapegoat for all that ailed the Dogs this year when we all know many more players had issues than just Stringer."
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Interesting Ralph tweeted about us and Schache at 4pm. And his article loaded online at 4pm says the dogs should trade for Schache.

Ralph Wigum seems more coherent.

And this.... :

"Already he (Stringer) has been used as the scapegoat for all that ailed the Dogs this year when we all know many more players had issues than just Stringer."
    Sure but that's a vurp. We don't know the inner machinations of the group and whom did what and said what to whom any more than he does.

And who the hell is this Wigum character?

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I should also add that I'm certainly not saying we aren't having a crack at Shache now - just that I don't believe we've had a long standing interest in him.

7. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Sure but that's a vurp. We don't know the inner machinations of the group and whom did what and said what to whom any more than he does.

And who the hell is this Wigum character?

Ralph Wigum? The best supporting character in TV history.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Loosing Jake and not trading for Schache is going to be a real binary outcome for club it will be interesting to see how it plays out in the future thats for sure

Post Thanks / Like

How do we think we're going to score next season?

Cloke? Redpath?

Given all the circumstances I can live with losing Stringer (albeit for a better deal than what is being touted), but I am surprised at our drop of interest in Schache.

We have done nothing to address our scoring woes in the last 2-3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Cloke? Redpath?

Given all the circumstances I can live with losing Stringer (albeit for a better deal than what is being touted), but I am surprised at our drop of interest in Schache.

This is what i'm not liking the most in all of this. We struggle big time to score yet we are losing our best goal kicker and not replacing him in the slightest. How the hell will we kick goals next season? Stringer was down on form but at least took the best defender

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd must play forward with Roughie and Trengove alternating ruck / down back. Jake leaving means Bont will be required forward as well and Picken and Hunter will have to play there also you'd think. Hopefully Dicko can have an uninterrupted preseason and get back to his 50 goal a season form.

Our other damaging players JJ and Dale may also need to spend time forward. It will be a bit of gap filling it seems.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Cloke? Redpath?

Crameri has to stay surely.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd at full forward and JJ and Dale HFF, might get some goals then, maybe, please praying now.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw we arent interested in Schache and looks like Stringer is staying.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo also said tonight that the murmurings of Schache to dogs won't go away. Maybe Lin Jong for Schache?

Post Thanks / Like

Seemingly stating the obvious but 'The List Manager' mentioned Schache was somehow "less than impressive" when meeting with Victoria suitors.

Most odd, if that's to be beleived.
    BORDERLINE FLYING