Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Don't forget 2nd rounder 2018.
    I don't mind that knowing that we were effectively doing a draft points trade to get Schache without losing a player. So we need to work on some points potentially next year, but we have Jong at the club still.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    If it is 25 & 40 for Schache - then plenty of people here - including myself, can retract some earlier negatives I think.

Schache, Trengove, Crozier and into the draft with 9 & 16 in a draft where there isn't expected to be a great deal of talent - is probably not as awful a position as we thought we were in 20 minutes ago.

2nd round next year still hurts. Hope Schache can play.
    Gotta get that second rounder back, but I'm reasonably pleased .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    2nd Rounder still burns, the whole Stringer/Ess/Car deal was awful, just awful. Having said that we did very well in the Shache deal and saved ourselves and embarrassing off-season. Not happy but can live with it
    I guess the Schache and Stringer deals reflect the current climate around player movement. If a player wants out, or a club wants to move a player out - the balance of a trade is thrown way out of whack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    2nd Rounder still burns, the whole Stringer/Ess/Car deal was awful, just awful. Having said that we did very well in the Shache deal and saved ourselves and embarrassing off-season. Not happy but can live with it
    But, without going through that pain it's difficult to see how we could have ended up with our final position. That's the problem with looking at the trade period as individual negotiations that all need winning.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs:- Josh Schache

Is this the first time in our clubs history, our full forward went Pick 1 and our CHF went pick 2
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm bullish on Schache, he didn't want to be there this year and it showed with his output... but he has some traits that I like, he can kick and he can mark.

Think we will look back at this trade and be happy with it in a few years time and if you look what we had to give up to get a highly rated tall forward in Tom Boyd to the club, this looks a steal.

8. Likes whythelongface, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lions fans are fuming - good sign.

10. Likes kruder, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm bullish on Schache, he didn't want to be there this year and it showed with his output... but he has some traits that I like, he can kick and he can mark.

Think we will look back at this trade and be happy with it in a few years time and if you look what we had to give up to get a highly rated tall forward in Tom Boyd to the club, this looks a steal.
    Agree entirely. I honestly didn't think we'd be seriously in the hunt for him, but now he's ours I reckon his upside is huge and I'm excited by it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Agree entirely. I honestly didn't think we'd be seriously in the hunt for him, but now he's ours I reckon his upside is huge and I'm excited by it.
    If our kids can kick it into he and Boyd, maybe Cloke too (losing Stringer & Crameri) then we might just be able to kick near 100 points a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But, without going through that pain it's difficult to see how we could have ended up with our final position. That's the problem with looking at the trade period as individual negotiations that all need winning.
    Look if that 2018 2nd wasn't included I would have been very happy overall. We've now got to get back in there now somehow. Hopefully doesn't hurt us in getting West.

14. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

25&40 i can certainly live with

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I tend to agree that he is better than being given credit for. Played in the worst side in the comp as a forward, and was still 19 at the time of his last game.

What worries me is structure-wise potentially having him and Tom Boyd - 2 x 200cm forwards who don't apply pressure. It probably means that Boyd is more ruck than forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache is ours pick 25 and 40

Post Thanks / Like

Finally the club is in remission. We really should be celebrating that the entire Stringer camp has been cut out and we can begin to heal. Who cares that Essendon got him cheap, a short term win for them but more importantly a long term win for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I was against Schache until I read the Brisbane Lions board on BF a few days ago.

Given any tall we take this year will take years and Schache at least has a huge tank for a KPF he's likely to be better than any potential pick 25 we would have picked up
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers