Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    In isolation it's a yes, but does he compliment Boyd or Redpath? The answer seems to be no.
    He's not quick and seems best suited to playing deep forward.
    I like Red a lot, but he's very limited. Schache is a much more attractive package.

I guess that's the reality of footy, and why I don't get upset when players choose what's best for them. Most of us would take an uprgade on them if presented in a heartbeat.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If it's a two horse race Carlton have two options really. Swap 3 for 12. Not a sure bet. Or work with St Kilda to swap 3 for 7 & 8 as they've alluded to. Then they use pick 7 at the draft, and try to use pick 8 for pick 18 compared to pick 9 for pick 18 with us. But we've got 26 to downgrade to add in to make up for a single spot. So short of them doing pick 3 for pick 12, I think we can fight a good fight on the actual trade side. Then it's convincing him to come to us and not a big club.
    Spot on, I can't see Carlton using pick 3 and getting other deals done so if we are interested we can out together a good offer.
    I'm still leaning towards keeping our picks but Schache is worth looking at some options to see if he is worth it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Spot on, I can't see Carlton using pick 3 and getting other deals done so if we are interested we can out together a good offer.
    I'm still leaning towards keeping our picks but Schache is worth looking at some options to see if he is worth it.
    If we lose Stringer for 11, but land Schache for say a a couple of downgrades and maybe a future pick, that's a nice recovery from a month ago.

The end ins looks like: 11, 18 (2 X first rounders) 41 (Dalrymple mid draft special), 80 (Roarke) and Schache, Trengove, Crozer. (7)
    The end outs look like: Bob, Boyd, Hamilton, Honey, Stringer, Crameri, Campbell/Redders (Carlton into Redders this year, so they get a cheap option to walk away from JS (7)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I am very much in the positive camp with JS. His first year was very good for a young key forward but, as his homesickness grew, he did go backwards this year. If he gets to a Vic club, his rate of improvement could be dramatic. Given the potential upside I think the risk is well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

For the math lovers of a potential trade:

Dogs Give: 9 & 27 (2,172 points)
    Brisbne Give: 19 & 43 (1,326 points)

Net gain 846 points - equivalent to pick 22. (Not going to get it done)
    Add 3rd 2018 (mid table finish) - 347 points

Total Draft Points - 1,193 - equivalent to pick 13 or if we finish lower perhaps 12.

Their asking price is a first rounder which they get in pick 9, and also overall through the trade. So that's the math.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't know enough about him to comment on if I want or not. Is he ready now? My issue is we drafted last season for 3 - 5 years on, if we're serious about taking another run at the cup we need players who will help right now. Can he help much in 2018?
    He would help more than a 2017 draftee would
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at this years draft Schache would clearly be the best tall so with that in mind the chance to get him for mid range 1st round pick should be tempting to a club like ours. I still think that his 27 senior games has fast tracked his development which should be very appealing.

Richmond should be all over him

I think there are clubs who think they would rather wait for next year to throw their hat in the ring for Tom Lynch. Schache could be a steal

If we were to secure pick 11 for Stringer I think we could offer that pick for Schache and Brisbanes 3rd round pick. That pick would go to Freo for Crozier. So pick 11 would get us Schache and Crozier

9. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the hardest things to do in list management is to assemble a group of very talented young talls that can form the spine of a team that can challenge for an extended period. If we add Schache (20) to English (20), Young (18), Collins (19), Boyd (22) and Cordy (20), we really are giving our coaches and football department every opportunity to build something specisl.

11. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at this years draft Schache would clearly be the best tall so with that in mind the chance to get him for mid range 1st round pick should be tempting to a club like ours. I still think that his 27 senior games has fast tracked his development which should be very appealing.

I think there are clubs who think they would rather wait for next year to throw their hat in the ring for Tom Lynch. Schache could be a steal

If we were to secure pick 11 for Stringer I think we could offer that pick for Schache and Brisbanes 3rd round pick. That pick would go to Freo for Crozier. So pick 11 would get us Schache and Crozier
    I've been watching some vision and with his solid endurance base really think Josh can play the Travis Cloke role higher up the park and use his excellent foot skills to connect inside 50. Throw in the fact we can get him at a discount and a fair wage along with significant upside I think he is well and truly worth the risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Good moneyball selection. If he's a cheap selection then yes please

14. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If they are not, that's a big red flag for me.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Money. A few clubs have made comment that his salary is an issue. They've obviously paid him a bit to knock Richmond, Carlton & Us back earlier this year. Some clubs don't have the cap or the will. We have both if we are still keen 3 months later.

17. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Not for me

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo has buried speculation that Schache will come to us.

Post Thanks / Like

The curse is dead.