Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs:- Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Buckenara was fairly positive I thought.
    Oh, forgot about Bucky.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Oh, forgot about Bucky.
    Although Gerard is a bit of a dog's fan. He usually has something positive to say about us.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Although Gerard is a bit of a dog's fan. He usually has something positive to say about us.
    I remember at start of 2015 in pre season when we flogged the Pies. It was only pre season but Gerard was all over that we'd made a leap and could be something special. He was right.

Post Thanks / Like

I am feeling bullish about Shache. Can't imagine him being an electrifying, powerful key forward with all the swagger in the world but can see him reliably taking marks on the long lead up the ground, kicking the footy well and being consistently in the mix for an avg 2 goals a game. He doesn't need to be Carey, or Grant, he just needs to run hard and provide an outlet for kicks that aren't going deep inside 50 and take his chances when he has hands on it I50

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I am feeling bullish about Shache. Can't imagine him being an electrifying, powerful key forward with all the swagger in the world but can see him reliably taking marks on the long lead up the ground, kicking the footy well and being consistently in the mix for an avg 2 goals a game. He doesn't need to be Carey, or Grant, he just needs to run hard and provide an outlet for kicks that aren't going deep inside 50 and take his chances when he has hands on it I50

Yeah, well. Given our recent experiences with forwards and swagger I'm more than happy with a vanilla tall who can provide 2 or 3 goals each week or sacrifice his own game to let others get off the leash. The moronic Chewbacca tattoo is optional.

6. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache's highlights are reliably boring - him going through the motions and kicking the goal...love it.
    Reminds me of when we recruited Beasley - he looked really daggy but kept processing the ball through the sticks.
    Footscray Football Republic.

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In bulldogtragician terms, hopefully Josh will turn out to be more of a Jack than a Jake!

10. Likes The bulldog tragician, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ash Hansen is critical to our development of Schache. Hopefully together they can develop Josh's techniques and strategies to maximise his chances of success. Likewise hopefully our mids are going to benefit from having Josh presenting as a target in a way that hang-out-the-back Jake didn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Good call SOS. If he fills that role we'll be clear winners in the trade.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Good call SOS. If he fills that role we'll be clear winners in the trade.
    Get Chris Grant to have a word to him.
    I love the fact his kicking action is so good. Going to get some value out of him.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I love the fact his kicking action is so good. Going to get some value out of him.
    Yes c'mon Chris, it may not be on your job description but you have the knowledge and credibility to mentor Josh Schache. He needs your proactive support and guidance. Chris Grant your best work yet maybe as Josh's mentor as CHF (wait on, nobody could better your work as player, your second best work).

Post Thanks / Like

Schasche's kicking is fine, don't interfere with it. It's not broken and if we try to fix it we will end up doing something that rhymes with fix but means the opposite to his kicking.

Go on clear off! Keep away from Josh.

16. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schasche's kicking is fine, don't interfere with it. It's not broken and if we try to fix it we will end up doing something that rhymes with fix but means the opposite to his kicking.

Go on clear off! Keep away from Josh.
    I don't think the suggestion was that Grant can help Schache's kicking but reading the play, when to lead, how to feed the crumbers etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs:- Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I don't think the suggestion was that Grant can help Schache's kicking but reading the play, when to lead, how to feed the crumbers etc.

Carry on then.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to have someone at the club (not called Simon or Tory) who can kick for goal! Makes life a little less frustrating..!