Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs:- Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm sorry don't get the Shache love. Ok so off the back of being a beneficiary of a squibbed kick..he nails a set shot from 25 meyres out.. we are setting the bar low
    He missed multiple tackles and was pivotal in allowing the ball to sling shot out of our forward 50. Not alone..in that regard.. but jeez.. we arw grasping at straws of we think tonight was anything above what he previously served up at Brisbane.
    Shache is miles off being a competent AFL footballer.
    He served up 25 goals in 27 games as an 18 and 19 year old key forward at Brisbane. I would call that exceptional. If he can match that this season I'd say he's tracking very nicely.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He served up 25 goals in 27 games as an 18 and 19 year old key forward at Brisbane. I would call that exceptional. If he can match that this season I'd say he's tracking very nicely.
    Really? We're going to hold that as the gold standard of a good start.
    Unfortunately, living in Brisbane I had the misfortune of watching almost all of those games...
    I can't recall one that indicated Shache was a quality modern day footballer.
    I don't think I've ever hoped to be proven more wrong in my life.
    He's a lead and mark player in an era where that has never been less a priority skillset.

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Kennedy would have had similarly uninspiring numbers when West Coke snapped him up as part of the Judd trade. Hipwood virtually every week gets sub 10 possessions. Josh should play the rest of the season up forward. Furthermore, he should watch tapes of Riewoldt religiously and become our gut-running high forward.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes Mofra, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, living in Brisbane I had the misfortune of watching almost all of those games...
    He's a lead and mark player in an era where that has never been less a priority skillset.
    A goal a game for an 18/19 year old key forward is excellent. Very few player in the league have matched that. Kennedy was nowhere near it, neither were Ben Brown, or Jarryd Roughead. In fact he's tracking identical to Jack Riewoldt.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

7. Likes hujsh, AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I saw tonight. He has a beautiful kicking action. He has composure with the ball in hand. He makes the right decisions. Massive way to go in intensity, being strong at the contest and consistently presenting. Has a huge chance of making it IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

We are probably at the point where we have to give him 4 or 5 games to prove his worth. Perhaps some stints in the ruck as well to utilise his running prowess.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thought Josh did some good things in the first quarter, faded a bit in the second, like a good forward does he was standing in front of his opponent when Richards mis kick went into the forward line so he benefited from that and I can't remember the last time a bulldog forward who isn't Tory Dickson was doing that. There were also a couple of clever handballs in the third. In the last I can't recall him at all but he had plenty of mare mates there.

It was a promising debut all in all. He's not going to be John Coleman but we don't need him to be. We just don't need him to be Andrew MacDougall either.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he will show more intensity as he matures.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m staggered someone could be critical of a homesick forward playing in the worst side in the comp the last few years.
    Totally insane

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a lot of him, his field kicking is much better than I'd hoped.

I agree with GVG, let's give him some continuity and see how he goes.

Post Thanks / Like

You're watching the wrong Josh Schache. He's very good on the ground and has good speed I've seen quite a few opportunistic goals and neat, one touch passages of play. He has far more ceiling than a lead, kick, goal player.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You're watching the wrong Josh Schache. He's very good on the ground and has good speed I've seen quite a few opportunistic goals and neat, one touch passages of play. He has far more ceiling than a lead, kick, goal player.
    The spot up kick to Gowers (actually I don't think it was Gowers) in the first quarter from Schache was exquisite for a 200cm+ player. All we have to get through to him is to do that sort of thing more than once a match. It's good that he converted that free kick too. Some of our blokes have trouble with the distance from where he was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Thought Josh did some good things in the first quarter, faded a bit in the second, like a good forward does he was standing in front of his opponent when Richards mis kick went into the forward line so he benefited from that and I can't remember the last time a bulldog forward who isn't Tory Dickson was doing that. There were also a couple of clever handballs in the third. In the last I can't recall him at all but he had plenty of mare mates there.

It was a promising debut all in all. He's not going to be John Coleman but we don't need him to be. We just don't need him to be Andrew MacDougall either.
    The irony of marking that miskick is that he actually got himself into a good space to be passed the ball. Had Matt Suckling had the ball in hand instead of Richards it would have ended in the same result, but with a precision pass instead of a miskick.

As others have rightly pointed out, his field kicking was excellent the few times he had the ball. It almost reminded me of the way Lance Franklin was using the ball up-field during the 2016 finals, he barely missed a target.

If he can continue to build his work rate he will be a more than productive forward.

For what its worth, I'm not convinced Richards' kick was a shank btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The irony of marking that miskick is that he actually got himself into a good space to be passed the ball. Had Matt Suckling had the ball in hand instead of Richards it would have ended in the same result, but with a precision pass instead of a miskick.

As others have rightly pointed out, his field kicking was excellent the few times he had the ball. It almost reminded me of the way Lance Franklin was using the ball up-field during the 2016 finals, he barely missed a target.

If he can continue to build his work rate he will be a more than productive forward.

For what its worth, I'm not convinced Richards' kick was a shank btw.

You might be right. I've kept the first half (never want to see the second half again) so I can check.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    From what I saw tonight. He has a beautiful kicking action. He has composure with the ball in hand. He makes the right decisions. Massive way to go in intensity, being strong at the contest and consistently presenting. Has a huge chance of making it IMHO.
    I would agree that he appears to lack intensity and purpose.
    But often it is lack of confidence that manifests itself as appearing to lack intensity. I think once Schache feels at home in the side, his growing confidence will turn that around.