Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs:- Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I would agree that he appears to lack intensity and purpose.
    But often it is lack of confidence that manifests itself as appearing to lack intensity. I think once Schache feels at home in the side, his growing confidence will turn that around.

That's the plan. It's gotta work eventually. It did with Peter Foster in 1983.

I think Josh will be a good player, a handy Daniel Bradshaw type. Not the main man, hopefully that will be Tom Boyd if we don't break him first.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

In another dull day, Schache is showing signs. Had a good third qtr, competed better and unlucky not to kick 1-2 goals. He’s an excellent kick, thought his movements and leading was much better in that quarter but we burned him a few times. Particularly Williams, who blazed away.

Hopefully he can have a good second half of the year

Post Thanks / Like

Schache is a gun, he can't do anything if you don't look for him.
    Its time Bevo stopped pissing around with him and Boyd and start using them as forwards and bring in a ruckman!
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Schache is a gun, he can't do anything if you don't look for him.
    Its time Bevo stopped pissing around with him and Boyd and start using them as forwards and bring in a ruckman!
    A gun? Really?

He’s absolutely miles away from being a component AFL player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    A gun? Really?

Think you mean he has plenty of development to go. Thought he moved well today and often found himself with room to lead in to. Much better than his first game for the club and will be better once his team mates look for him.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

6. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Think you mean he has plenty of development to go. Thought he moved well today and often found himself with room to lead in to. Much better than his first game for the club and will be better at nice his team mates look for him.
    No doubt, but seriously needs to learn to play his part defensively... he is just a witches hat at present.

Post Thanks / Like

A gun? Really?

Agree 100%

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt, but seriously needs to learn to play his part defensively... he is just a witches hat at present.
    Yes, but I thought that was once again better this week than last.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Only because we put it nowhere near him !
    He is a very accurate kick and the way the game is umpired today if we used him properly he would kick a lot of goals.
    Put 2 talls in our forward line get them to lead in opposite directions and have a crumber underneath, also
    Play a proper ruckman would be a good start.
    At the moment even if we have one tall everyone goes to the same spot !
    Bring back the biff

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got some way to go but the tools are there and I trust him with the footy to do his job. We need to get him more easy ball and cash in. Hopefully he gets his tail up and starts winning plenty of the footy himself leading up to it, but for now get out the back and get it in in his hands.

Post Thanks / Like

I like what he has offered so far and am hoping he becomes more defensive with encouragement from coaches. I think he is a smart player too. Agree Boyd should play more in forward 50 at same time.

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving the finer details aside, and extra we got in the actual trade, these are the season averages for Schache (former pick 2) vs Stringer (former pick 5):

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S

There's nothing of significance really to split their 2018 season averages, except maybe love handles, and the ceiling on Schache is higher from where he is now (being 3 years younger, and 70 games less experience). This alone puts the specific Schache-Stringer list movement as at least neutral, if not positive our way, plus the help to get Richards.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how you can say there isn't much separating their 2018 stats. Jake has clearly had a more impactful year than Josh, although he hasn't reached the heights he did with us during the 2015/16 seasons.

That being said, Sausages Schache has really found his feet throughout the second half of the season and has significant upside. I don't think we have any concerns about the trade, but both us and Essendon would be happy with the returns to date (of those respective trades).

18. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Not sure how you can say there isn't much separating their 2018 stats. Jake has clearly had a more impactful year than Josh, although he hasn't reached the heights he did with us during the 2015/16 seasons.

That being said, Sausages Schache has really found his feet throughout the second half of the season and has significant upside. I don't think we have any concerns about the trade, but both us and Essendon would be happy with the returns to date (of those respective trades).
    No doubt both clubs are happy. But what in their statistical averages is 'significantly' different? They seem to virtually the same to me, less some midfield numbers of course.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Yep, you trade to improve your team, not to win the trade. And that seems to be what both clubs have done.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.