Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Schache

So what is the minimum the Lions would accept for Schache?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Late first round I suspect
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Late first rounder and perhaps a fringe/older player if they can find one to their liking and list needs. Nothing too much different to Polec, Yeo & Docherty. Despite different contract status, these are my guide posts for guessing.

If we could get 19 off Geelong for Stringer, perhaps 19 & Crameri/Campbell/Honeychurch. - Or, if they have a kid that they desperately want but who won't slip to 12, then trading 9 & 28 for 12 & 43 (Brisbane score 3 pick upgrade into top 10, and trade into the second round for a big 299 points upgrade on Ballenden).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Late first rounder and perhaps a fringe/older player if they can find one to their liking and list needs. Nothing too much different to Polec, Yeo & Docherty. Despite different contract status, these are my guide posts for guessing.
    So nothing too different to All-Australian best and fairest winners?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    The value put on players is an utter joke. Schache is an unproven 20 year old with a very good junior record, but hasn't shown alot at senior level. To me at best he is a second round pick, but I guess it is a matter of market forces, ie demand and supply and what clubs are prepared to fork out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If we gain Schache and lose Stringer, we may get a big tick from members.
    Even given the doubts on Schache's competitiveness and mental wellbeing, it would position the Club to sell a positive message with the loss of a fan favourite in Jake.

Right now it's the only path that I can see that would get us close to a neutral outcome with the supporter base even though it looks like it would make us quite top heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Even given the doubts on Schache's competitiveness and mental wellbeing, it would position the Club to sell a positive message with the loss of a fan favourite in Jake.

Right now it's the only path that I can see that would get us close to a neutral outcome with the supporter base even though it looks like it would make us quite top heavy.
    If Campbell was traded we would look OK and in 12 months time Cloke won't be at the club. It should balance out quickly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Campbell was traded we would look OK and in 12 months time Cloke won't be at the club. It should balance out quickly
    Yes that's reasonable thinking. I'm Ok with a play for Schache assuming he holds up post an assessment from J-Mac and Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that's reasonable thinking. I'm Ok with a play for Schache assuming he holds up post an assessment from J-Mac and Bevo.
    What else out there would be face saving and credible for the loss of Jake? 2 reasonably deep second rounders is not going to cut it.

Post Thanks / Like

Some Schache info here, and clubs are asking after Jong FWIW

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading...16-gz20w2.html
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy we are looking at Schache.

Surprised about interest in Jong off an ACL. I wonder what the offer to us would be, and by who?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What else out there would be face saving and credible for the loss of Jake? 2 reasonably deep second rounders is not going to cut it.
    I think I mentioned last week that Schache was a possibility given it was a good news story if were were to lose Jake.
    On top of that Schache is a great prospect with 27 senior games of AFL football already behind him which is excellent for a young tall.

It could be a more than reasonable outcome if we trade Jake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    As in traded for the same price from Brisbane. Brisbane should have their own trade index on first rounders wanting out. Yeo, Polec, Dochety, Aish, Schache off the top of head recently.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I mentioned last week that Schache was a possibility given it was a good news story if were were to lose Jake.
    On top of that Schache is a great prospect with 27 senior games of AFL football already behind him which is excellent for a young tall.

If we land a good running player with neat skills, either wing/HFF/FP, then we'd have brought in a FF/CHF, FB/CHB, HBF/wing & neat skills. I like that we've addressed all the areas of the ground. Everyone wants us to take a ruck, so who knows. Plus if we can use fringe players to slightly improve our picks I'd be happy. Jake aside.

Edit: afl.com.au reporting our interest too

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon's pick 25 at face value seems undervalued for the Lions. Assuming they don't require a player we may need to bring in another Club to trade with to improve on pick 25, to high teens, low twenties.