Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That's how Hamling got to Freo - and then Crozier got to the Dogs.
    Hmm I think Freo still win that handily. It's easy to respect the other club when you do better than them in trades between you. You wouldn't have wanted to pay a cent more than what we did for Crozier, but the same can't be said about what Freo paid for Hamling.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure i agree with that. Hamling really only had a handful of good games with us and i don't believe we could have got more. Wasn't great this year either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Not sure i agree with that. Hamling really only had a handful of good games with us and i don't believe we could have got more. Wasn't great this year either
    He was excellent this year. 6th in their B & F and was the #2 player in the AFL for one on one defending (behind Rance) before their late season capitulation.

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    He was excellent this year. 6th in their B & F and was the #2 player in the AFL for one on one defending (behind Rance) before their late season capitulation.
    I disagree ... he had an average season. I attended 10 Freo games this year (and as a past Bulldog) I watched his games closely. The only reason his statistics were high was because Freo’s defensive unit as a whole sucked. Their midfield was even worse. He was constantly having to defend because the ball was always up that end, but he had very few second efforts. His effectiveness would be the only statistic worth looking at.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that if Hamling was still playing for us the night we played Freo we would have won.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I disagree ... he had an average season. I attended 10 Freo games this year (and as a past Bulldog) I watched his games closely. The only reason his statistics were high was because Freo’s defensive unit as a whole sucked. Their midfield was even worse. He was constantly having to defend because the ball was always up that end, but he had very few second efforts. His effectiveness would be the only statistic worth looking at.
    That would speak to his stats actually being better than they appear; that particular stat is calculated as a percentage rather than a counting stat.

8. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a link for that? In July he wasn't in the top 10 from what i can see

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW the bespectacled grub asserts the drums are beating louder and louder on Schache to Dogs with us currently doing our "due diligence".
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    That would speak to his stats actually being better than they appear; that particular stat is calculated as a percentage rather than a counting stat.
    They were HD ... he was our third best defender in 2016 and he would have been their third best defender behind Johnson Logue/S.Hill
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Got a link for that? In July he wasn't in the top 10 from what i can see
    It was frequently touted on SEN by Frawley at the time, but I don't have a link because Champion Data is like Fort Knox.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    FWIW the bespectacled grub asserts the drums are beating louder and louder on Schache to Dogs with us currently doing our "due diligence".

Anyone else wondering why no other club is interested in the former pick #2 KPP forward Schache?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Anyone else wondering why no other club is interested in the former pick #2 KPP forward Schache?
    Everything down to the perception of a lack of competitiveness.

Post Thanks / Like

Caro's article seemed to suggest some fragility. Other pieces by others referenced his salary, which was good to knock us back earlier in the year. Others about cost to get him.

That Barrett is saying we are doing our due diligence... We were chasing him apparently before he recontracted. I reckon we've done our due diligence well before now, you news breaker Barrett. Again, last to know nothing from our club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Coupled with Barrett & Wallet suggesting he's gettable for a 2nd rounder while pushing the line the Lions are now happy to acquiesce on a trade for "humanitarian" reasons, it does have an odd whiff to it ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Caro's article seemed to suggest some fragility. Other pieces by others referenced his salary, which was good to knock us back earlier in the year. Others about cost to get him.

That Barrett is saying we are doing our due diligence... We were chasing him apparently before he recontracted. I reckon we've done our due diligence well before now, you news breaker Barrett. Again, last to know nothing from our club.

Yeah I heard we met with him again a few weeks ago. We've been all over him for ages.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.