Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  213
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Schache

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah I heard we met with him again a few weeks ago. We've been all over him for ages.
    Yep. I find it interesting that a group of members and fans on WOOF, seem to miles ahead of this 'big story breaking' journo. Soon to be ex-journo. Soon he will be breaking Trengove might be coming to the dogs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I know, about as credible as a snake oil salesman.

Jon Ralph just tweeting:

The Dogs had a look at Schache and according to the Lions have now said they aren't interested. Looks like he stays

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post

Jon Ralph just tweeting:
    Interesting if true given Barrett is saying we are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

My feeling is that if we didn't have Boyd we'd take him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Interesting if true given Barrett is saying we are interested.
    Bizarre. Chase him on and off all year, get a chance to grab him and walk away. And weird the quote/comment is not from our side as the chasing club. Bizarre and weird.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bizarre. Chase him on and off all year, get a chance to grab him and walk away. And weird the quote/comment is not from our side as the chasing club. Bizarre and weird.
    What makes you say we have been all over Schache all year?

Post Thanks / Like

If we are in discussions with West Coast could there be any possibility of prying Andrew Gaff out early before he becomes a FA in 2018?

Post Thanks / Like

If we are in discussions with West Coast could there be any possibility of prying Andrew Gaff out early before he becomes a FA in 2018?
    Suspect its unlikely, but we'd certainly like him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post
    What makes you say we have been all over Schache all year?
    On and off through the year, not all year. That it was public that we were one of three clubs into him before he re-signed. More recently that 1eye said a few posts back about meeting him. Then the last few days our interest being public.

Post Thanks / Like

You'd be silly if you hadn't considered him. Former no.2, had a promising first season and now available seemingly cheaply. Most Victorian teams would have considered him, bit concerned why it hasn't gone further.

McGuane today was saying he thought TAC Cup rules benefit tall fowards hence his high draft position. Went on a hard hitting spree saying Schache has been found out amongst good defenders / interceptors who zone off.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph just tweeting:
    On second reading, the wording is a little tricky. According to the Lions (who want the best deal, and may or may not have demanded pick 9 be involved), the Lions say they (the dogs) aren't interested.

That doesn't say we aren't into Schache as a player. It just says the dogs arent interested. Possibly in the lions demands. "Looks like he stays" is the veiled threat.

This could be a small stalemate and Brisbane are letting by other clubs all know through the Hun we haven't finalised the deal. And if clubs want to pay more might get him. Or to the dogs they'll keep him. We didn't tell Ralph anything it seems. I still say watch this space.

Post Thanks / Like

So, according the professional noise-makers Richmond were into him hard since prior to him re-signing, then peeled off ... and now us following suit as well seemingly.

Hmmm.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    On and off through the year, not all year. That it was public that we were one of three clubs into him before he re-signed. More recently that 1eye said a few posts back about meeting him. Then the last few days our interest being public.
    Not what I've heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Not what I've heard.
    Luckily by 2pm Thursday we will all be put out of our misery with he & Stringer in particular.

15. Likes Topdog, LongWait liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not what I've heard.
    Something to contrary?