Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Hayden Crozier

Good get , and a fair deal .

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the later pick swaps help each other with points at times where we both need them

Post Thanks / Like

Half back flank: afl.com.au

HAYDEN Crozier has made his way to the Western Bulldogs after the club traded pick No.40 to Fremantle as part of a deal for the versatile Victorian.

The Dockers also received pick No.82 in this year's NAB AFL Draft and sent their future fourth-round selection back to the Bulldogs.

Crozier has played 69 games in six seasons with the Dockers, including 35 in the past two years before coming out of contract in 2017.

"Hayden's got a great athletic profile, which will allow us the flexibility to play him back, forward or wing, with his aerial game a particular strength," Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney told the club's website.

"We see him primarily at half-back which, with the retirements of Bob Murphy and Matthew Boyd this season, will help our defence transition in 2018 and beyond.

"It's a great result, securing Fremantle's future fourth-round pick enables us flexibility around draft value index points in the future."

Fremantle is seeking to improve its draft hand so it can trade for Greater Western Sydney defender Nathan Wilson.

The Dockers are also set to bring in Gold Coast forward Brandon Matera, likely for a late pick in this year's draft.

"It's good to get this trade completed, although Hayden is a player we value and respect, we're happy for him to facilitate the move to the Western Bulldogs for pick No.40," Fremantle list manager Brad Lloyd told the club's website.

"We had a clear list management strategy to add draft picks into our footy club and securing pick No.40 through this trade allows us to be well placed in the national draft.

"We currently have pick No.5, two third-round and two fourth-round picks and from a strategic point of view we’re really happy with those picks and we look forward to the draft in the coming months."

Crozier was recruited by the Dockers with pick No.20 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, arriving as a high-flying half-forward.

He enjoyed his best season in 2016 as a running defender, averaging a career-high 16.5 disposals and 3.2 rebound 50s.

The Rowville product played 19 games in 2017 and was used mostly inside 50, kicking 13 goals.

"It was a dream come true for me to come over here and play for the Dockers and now it’s time for me to move back with family and friends and I’m looking forward to the opportunity with the Western Bulldogs," Crozier said on the club's website.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think about it the Matty Boyd role for Crozier might work well

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hayden Crozier

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Pick 40 is the 3rd round pick we got from North Melbourne in last year's trading period (they got 45 back).
    So Hrovat for Crozier basically. Not bad at all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    So Hrovat for Crozier basically. Not bad at all
    No, Hrovat was just an upgrade.

It's 40, 45, 83 & Hrovat for Crozier and 4th (2018)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Now that I think about it the Matty Boyd role for Crozier might work well
    Looks like they will use as a HBF. His kicking should be effective for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

His highlights package surprised me. Some of his plays were sensational

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Any idea what we will pay?
    I read pick 40 and 82 and we get their 4th round pick from next year,
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I read pick 40 and 82 and we get their 4th round pick form next year,
    Bargain.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a look at his Dream Team points and stats for 2017 he is exactly the same as Zayne Cordy. Both played 19 games, Zayne had one more kick, equal handballs, Hayden had 4 more marks, Hayden had 25 more tackles, and kicked 13 goals (where Zayne kicked none).

Overall, a good replacement for M Boyd or Murphy.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

If he is primarily earmarked for the HBF/wing role, competition will be fierce; Crozier, JJ, Suckling, Biggs, Williams, R.Smith, Lynch others all vying for limited roles. Can't be a bad thing...

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon we'll see JJ almost exclusively up the ground in 2018.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Reckon we'll see JJ almost exclusively up the ground in 2018.
    He needs to play mainly as a HFF in my view
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He needs to play mainly as a HFF in my view
    With Dale's quality delivery inside 50 off a flank, and JJs pace off the other. Cloke in between them working up and back looks good in the HF line. That Crozier can take a run through there is a nice perk.