Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome (back ) to the club, Jake Stringer

A forum to express your thoughts to Jake, our club on the matter.
    Jake, we love nothing better than to develop youth and community. This is the ultimate purpose of our club.
    Your recent experience will give you great empathy for others and you can overcome your difficulties with your mates. We believe in you, are behind you, if you are with us.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Revolution, ratsmac, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome (back ) to the club, Jake stringer

Wishful thinking my dude.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome (back ) to the club, Jake Stringer

Too early at this stage Ghost Dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome him as the group does.
    If he accepts or not, it's up to him.
    Man, I remember being a young guy from the country, going to the city and all the temptations of the world.
    But it's just a sugar hit Jake and you can rack up a ton of damage quite easily. Ruin yourself for life if you are not careful.
    Stick with your mates, get on track and back to your best. We really hope get over your demons and back to your best.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, lets roll out the welcome mat and even if we end up trading him at least we have done our best.

I think the Doctor mentioned something about we are all big boys so lets keep the door ajar for a return.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Welcome him as the group does.
    If he accepts or not, it's up to him.
    Man, I remember being a young guy from the country, going to the city and all the temptations of the world.
    But it's just a sugar hit Jake and you can rack up a ton of damage quite easily. Ruin yourself for life if you are not careful.
    Stick with your mates, get on track and back to your best. We really hope get over your demons and back to your best.
    ultimately this is the key and also the problem. If the playing group are sick of him it's irrelevant whether we open our arms to him or not. There was an extraordinary trust and camaraderie in 16. If Jake is the reason it disappeared in 17 then we have a massive, massive problem.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    ultimately this is the key and also the problem. If the playing group are sick of him it's irrelevant whether we open our arms to him or not. There was an extraordinary trust and camaraderie in 16. If Jake is the reason it disappeared in 17 then we have a massive, massive problem.
    I would like to think that if Jake stayed, and is genuine in his attempt to turn things around, then no one would be onboard with him quicker than his team mates and our supporters.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was Leigh Mathews who commented you don't have to like everyone on your team to play well. There were serious conflicts in the Hawks premiership golden era in the 80's. But the respect has to be there, and Jake has to change.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was Leigh Mathews who commented you don't have to like everyone on your team to play well. There were serious conflicts in the Hawks premiership golden era in the 80's. Jordan and Moz have expressed professionalism and respect for Jake, which I hope can appreciate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I think it was Leigh Mathews who commented you don't have to like everyone on your team to play well. There were serious conflicts in the Hawks premiership golden era in the 80's. Jordan and Moz have expressed professionalism and respect for Jake, which I hope can appreciate.
    It depends on the nature of what has gone wrong though. Liking different books, movies, music, being interested in politics or not - yeah, you can all just rattle along with a 'live and let live' vibe - but if there's a sense of betrayal and not living up to team values, then harder to accommodate. Though a footy club is often called a workplace, it's an unusual one with unique aspects - I don't exactly expect my work colleagues to risk broken bones alongside me week in week out.

And in the 80s, guys still had professional jobs and weren't at their clubs 7 days a week. They trained 2 times a week and then played matches, with much less public attention.

Like the rest of us, I don't know how deep the rift between jake and his team mates lie or what their grievances with him might be - I'm just saying that if it's deep and irretrievable, then I feel concerned at its impact in an environment where trust and togetherness is demanded.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

14. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing there was a sense of betrayal, hence being shopped around. But that's the past and if Jake can change off field and be professional, I don't see why anyone would hold a grudge. Here's hoping.

Post Thanks / Like

How can one man destroy a club like he has, surely steps were taken to avoid this, anyway he can piss off for what he has done to us and our playing group apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

The good news is never gets the privilege to wear our colours or enter our club ever again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he destroys Essendon.

19. Likes Topdog, Dancin' Douggy liked this post