Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Our Other Players Not Named Jake Stringer

So tonight, The Age reporting multiple interest in trading for Jong, who is contracted.

Articles last week:

- Honeychurch wants a fresh start. GWS interested, late trade or DFA.
    - Campbell looking for a fresh start. Club allowing him to look despite a contract.
    - Crameri looking around. Prepared to play interstate.

Might be a few minor trades, or steak knives in the next few days.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our Other Players Not Named Jake Stringer

I know Jong is not Bonti however he is quick, can take a decent mark, continues to be on improve and is a good team player. Our midfield is a bit one paced and think unless we have another speedster in our sights i do not think entertaining Jong trade is necessarily a good idea. If he were to move guessing it would need to be another vic club and a very good offer for Jong and club.

3. Likes GVGjr, Mofra, Cyberdoggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. It would have to be an insane offer to even consider imo. I know he has limitations, eg disposal, but he seems a fabric type player.
    Yes he shopped himself around, but he's not the first player to do that, nor fall for the charms of a smooth talking
    club showing interest in him when he was battling to hold/demand a senior team spot.
    There'd been enough of an unsettled type atmosphere over our list since the great 2016 day. Lets not make more. He didn't play that day but he sure as hell had an input that season, in more than one way.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see Jongy get a proper run at it, particularly given the endeavour, versatility and depth he lends us.

But if he ended up being steak knives in a deal for Schache I'd wish him all the best.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Jong has his faults but his improvement has been solid each year prior to his injury.

Think he could be important for us. I want to keep him.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what offers might come for Jong though. Every player is tradable....well maybe not the Bont.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Jong has his faults but his improvement has been solid each year prior to his injury.

Think he could be important for us. I want to keep him.
    He is hard to rate as he has lots of attributes. Decision making starting to improve just needs to get more of the ball for a mid.
    Last edited by bornadog; 17-10-2017 at 01:47 AM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Playing devil's advocate, Jong's also coming off an ACL and his best attribute is his athleticism and explosiveness. If a second rounder was put forward, I think it'd be worth considering.

Post Thanks / Like

Jong wouldn't be on much either I imagine, wouldn't get many players as good as him as hungry as him and as team orientated as him for the value.
    I wouldn't be trading him at all.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

We need a Jong type in the side, doesn't have to be Jong himself but that strong bull with explosive speed is critical
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Forget Jong - I'd be using Crameri as a sweetener to Brisbane. They have a bunch of young talls so he won't hurt their age profile, he's said he's willing to move interstate (unlike Jong who turned down a bigger offer from GCS to stay at the Bulldogs) and we're clearly after Schache so need the currency and the list space.

Campbell can go where he likes as a goodwill trade. Bevo clearly doesn't rate him and he won't attract much at the table.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

It'd be pretty harsh trading him on only 12 months after convincing him to re-sign on a considerably lesser contract than was being offered.

Of course, I think any player is available for the right price, but I'd want more than a second given he's contracted (not that we understand how to use leverage or what it is/means).
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Campbells manager saying most likely he will be staying.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Tom Campbells manager saying most likely he will be staying.
    Surely for his own career he is better off moving elsewhere.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jong might very well be the only player on our list who has improved every year he has played.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.