Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 104 of 141 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

With Adams maybe it’s about getting as much security as he can whilst he is in the system. Not a great selling point to outright say it but who can blame him for looking to cash in for as long as he can with his injury issues? He would be crazy to not want the four year deal. If he is injured for the next two years, will we be ‘loyal’ to him?

2. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    With Adams maybe it’s about getting as much security as he can whilst he is in the system. Not a great selling point to outright say it but who can blame him for looking to cash in for as long as he can with his injury issues? He would be crazy to not want the four year deal. If he is injured for the next two years, will we be ‘loyal’ to him?
    I agree and it's a massive risk for Brisbane to take to offer that length of deal.

They are obviously confident of working through his injury issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing to hear it. I rate Adams. He's had no luck and no continuity which means we obviously hasn't been able to develop some deficiencies in his game.

Despite that, he has serious ability.

I'm slightly concerned at the amount of senior players we are potentially losing. We are already so young and replacing the few older bodies we have with more kids is a recipe for disaster.

5. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow 4 years for Adams? Go get it man. Can't really blame him or offer him anything similar.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SAM LANDSBERGER

RICHMOND forward Sam Lloyd is set to play for the Western Bulldogs next year.
    The Herald Sun understands the Tigers midfielder has cleaned out his Punt Rd locker and is determined to join Whitten Oval.
    The Herald Sun revealed in June that Lloyd was a player of interest for the Dogs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How much is true though ? First it was he wants to go home , then it’s collingwood and now it’s brisbane.
    I am over all this media speculation just to get a headline or be first to get a story so make one up and see if it comes true. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes nowhere and never intended to.
    They get so much wrong it’s a joke.
    Bring back the biff

10. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    SAM LANDSBERGER

RICHMOND forward Sam Lloyd is set to play for the Western Bulldogs next year.
    The Herald Sun understands the Tigers midfielder has cleaned out his Punt Rd locker and is determined to join Whitten Oval.
    The Herald Sun revealed in June that Lloyd was a player of interest for the Dogs.
    Not sure how I feel about this.

He's a lesser version of Dickson but more durable. If we weren't keeping Dickson then it makes sense, but given we are I'd rather Stengle or some other quick small forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this.

He's a lesser version of Dickson but more durable. If we weren't keeping Dickson then it makes sense, but given we are I'd rather Stengle or some other quick small forward.
    I agree, but can understand why we are trying to boost our goal kicking. Hope he works out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd doesn't address our pressure forward woes, but does kick goals and can go into the midfield, where we all know we're a bit light on.

I'm on board - reckon he might have a 3rd year left in him.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be 29 at the start of the 2019 season.

Post Thanks / Like

Have no problems getting Sam Lloyd in for a couple of years.
    We have plenty of list spots. He dominates at VFL level - so is a better option than most there. Has played forward and mid and has also seen some time at half back where he can use his good kicking.
    He might not start off best 22, but you need a squad - he might sit somewhere between 22 and 27 on the list, and you probably pick him up for less than the average AFL wage.

18. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only issue with Lloyd from my perspective is that both Picken and Dickson are still on the list and there will be a bit of a logjam for that smaller forward position and on top of that it probably also limits opportunities for Greene.
    It's not a bad problem to have but a curious challenge given our list
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    How much is true though ? First it was he wants to go home , then it’s collingwood and now it’s brisbane.
    I am over all this media speculation just to get a headline or be first to get a story so make one up and see if it comes true. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes nowhere and never intended to.
    They get so much wrong it’s a joke.
    2-years on a contract to go. If this is true then the Bullies will only trade Adams if we get a great result from the trade. If average, he stays. He is not a problem at the club. Hence no negative impact on the culture.

In saying that, if he is leaving because he has lost faith in our medical staff, then we do need to have a look.

If I was a betting man, I’d back in the fact he has 4-years on the table. Look at Bris and how they are trying to get Neale, who is contracted but with one-year left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The only issue with Lloyd from my perspective is that both Picken and Dickson are still on the list and there will be a bit of a logjam for that smaller forward position and on top of that it probably also limits opportunities for Greene.
    It's not a bad problem to have but a curious challenge given our list
    Perhaps an acquisition in-part fuelled by the hunch neither Pickers nor Dicko are locks to remain on the park with any sort of consistency next year.

At worst, another mature head around the kids and a low-risk insurance policy.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking strategically, I'd like to see us going after some GWS players. There's a number that are potentially looking for a move and let's not forget who their list manager is now. If there's one person in the AFL system I'd be confident of dealing with and getting an excellent return from it's Jason McCartney.

When there's a weak link we should be exploiting it.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

24. Likes Grantysghost liked this post