Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 137 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3787127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Which part? Do we currently have 4 or 5 spots available?
    I would say we currently have 3 primary list spots (7 out, 4 in assuming Gowers & Lynch upgrades). Honeychurch will make 4 if he is delisted. Of course assuming Campbell & Libba re-sign.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc are you sure we currently have 5 spots on the list? I mentioned the other day that we had 33 senior listed players from last year plus we have had 2 additions via trades and two upgrades from the rookie list. That should give us a playing list of 37 players and therefore 5 live picks but I think there is a school of thought that we only have 4 picks at the draft.

When you look at the outs from last year, Adams, Biggs, Collins, Dahlhaus, Redpath, Roughead and C.Smith that is only 7 spots but 8 if you assume Honeychurch is gone.
    Add Gowers, Lynch, Lloyd and Duryea and we are back to 4 spots

I'm sure I've missed something but I'm not sure what that is

By the way, Webb might be the better candidate to move to the rookie list depending on how bad his injury is
    that is all correct but I'm suggesting we add Porter to the rookie list to give us a 5th pick
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I would say we currently have 3 primary list spots (7 out, 4 in assuming Gowers & Lynch upgrades). Honeychurch will make 4 if he is delisted. Of course assuming Campbell & Libba re-sign.
    My reading is 4 when Honeychurch gets delisted (8 out, 8 in). If we want a fifth pick, then I'd take the risk on Campbell to get back to us in the rookie draft. If he doesn't, then we get a similar type from a state league. Being he will be lucky to play under Bevo, we can't do a lot worse than Campbell. That's if we really want a fifth pick, &/or four picks and a delisted free agent.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Rookie elevations haven't taken place in the draft for a number of years. They occur prior to the draft. I'm not entirely sure of the required timing but I would generally expect them to take place by list lodgement 1 at the end of October.
    The one thing we need on draft night is list spots. We can't use the points for 2 draft places if we are confined to 1 available list place when we decide to match any bid on Khamis.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    My reading is 4 when Honeychurch gets delisted (8 out, 8 in). If we want a fifth pick, then I'd take the risk on Campbell to get back to us in the rookie draft. If he doesn't, then we get a similar type from a state league. Being he will be lucky to play under Bevo, we can't do a lot worse than Campbell. That's if we really want a fifth pick, &/or four picks and a delisted free agent.
    While I don't think running the gauntlet with ruckman is the way to go I think this makes sense in that at best Campbell might play 3 or 4 games. I do believe we should go into this draft with at least 4 picks or better still 5.

If we can also shuffle Webb onto the rookie list as well we should consider it.

I guess we will soon know if Campbell is wanted by the club or not
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

While I don't think running the gauntlet with ruckman is the way to go I think this makes sense in that at best Campbell might play 3 or 4 games. I do believe we should go into this draft with at least 4 picks or better still 5.

If we can also shuffle Webb onto the rookie list as well we should consider it.

I guess we will soon know if Campbell is wanted by the club or not
    Webb to the rookie list would appear appropriate. Reports indicate he is a long way off playing again (if ever) and it does give the list spot we need on draft night.

Just as easy to pay his contract from the Rookie List anyway.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We may end up keeping everyone we have now.
    7,27,32,45,63,75,82 are our picks

7 will go on a gun kid
    Hopefully West gets to 15-18 which uses 27 and a bit of 32 pushing it back to say 43
    We use 43 on Karmis
    we use 45 on a new pick
    we use 63 on a new pick
    we use 75 on Gowers
    and is it Lynch that is the other upgrade

That’s our seven picks used unless we delist any of the boys this what we have to play with

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    We may end up keeping everyone we have now.
    7,27,32,45,63,75,82 are our picks

7 will go on a gun kid
    Hopefully West gets to 15-18 which uses 27 and a bit of 32 pushing it back to say 43
    We use 43 on Karmis
    we use 45 on a new pick
    we use 63 on a new pick
    we use 75 on Gowers
    and is it Lynch that is the other upgrade

That’s our seven picks used unless we delist any of the boys this what we have to play with
    We only have as many picks as we have vacant list spots and rookie promotions take place PRIOR to the draft. If we keep everyone we have now we will only have 3 vacant primary list spots, can't see that happening.

If we have say 4 vacant list spots we will only take 7, 27, 32 and 45 to the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

We only have as many picks as we have vacant list spots and rookie promotions take place PRIOR to the draft. If we keep everyone we have now we will only have 3 vacant primary list spots, can't see that happening.

If we have say 4 vacant list spots we will only take 7, 27, 32 and 45 to the draft.
    This is why we need at least 5 spots open on draft night, even if we redraft someone we delist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    This is why we need at least 5 spots open on draft night, even if we redraft someone we delist.
    I think 5 is a good number, we can't go in with just 3 or 4.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see what we do with Campbell/ruck back up. The rule change allowing rucks to grab the ball without it being automatically being equal to prior opportunity will mean less midfielders filling in the ruck IMO.

JT, English and Boyd are our only real 1st ruck options. English is still raw and Boyd is really hard to pencil in due to more pressing personal issues.

I think Schache and Zaine Cordy can fill in as second rucks but it's a stretch.

We need another ruckman who is ready to go in 2019. Would be happy to have Zac Clarke in that spot. Rule change might save Campbell's career. Only reason I don't see him as an auto delist.

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised we haven’t got onto Zak Clarke I would of though he is the hybrid type that Bevo would like in the ruck. The last couple of years with the rule changes has bought ruckman back into a very important role. We need to get with the times in this instance and get a top quality ruckman ( this will be English if we don’t break him. You could see plain as day he needed a rest a few weeks before he got injured).

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Lucas on Tom Campbell:

Lucas also gave an update on another uncontracted player from his stable, with Western Bulldogs ruckman Tom Campbell still in the dark on whether he'll continue on at Whitten Oval.

The 26-year-old has only played 42 games in seven seasons at the Dogs and didn't manage a senior game in 2018.

"(Tom doesn't have a contract) at this stage, but we're just working through that with the Bulldogs," Lucas said.

Tom Liberatore, who is expected to be re-signed by the Bulldogs, and Mitch Honeychurch are the other two players at the club without deals for next season.

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have thought that big Tom has been on our list since he was 19.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I wouldn't have thought that big Tom has been on our list since he was 19.
    Because he hasn't. He turns 27 next week so would have just turned 20 when we drafted him.