Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 24 of 141 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Dont you need the points to take them at the pick they are nominated at? Its not as simple as taking them at your next pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Webb. Maybe better by foot than the rest, but little or no trade value, and just doesn’t get the ball enough in his senior appearances.

Roberts, definitely out. Retire or trade for peanuts.
    Both contracted for next year so unless we can facilitate a trade they are likely to remain on the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont you need the points to take them at the pick they are nominated at? Its not as simple as taking them at your next pick. Thats the old rule your thinking of. We may be required to give up numerous selections to get both West and Khamis.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-2...cademy-players
    2015 was under the old rules - they've changed again since then.
    You take the player nominated by a rival club at your next available pick (with a 20% discount applied) and if there's a resultant points deficit that deficit is applied to the same round in following year. This is the first year the new rule is applied from memory.

They had to change the rule as GWS banked a truckload of late picks to take their Academy kids (2016 to 2017), basically getting first round talent for a bunch of third and forth rounders.

On top of this, the AFL is considering a change to the future picks rule - two years ahead, not just one.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Both contracted for next year so unless we can facilitate a trade they are likely to remain on the list.
    Well that certainly makes things difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    You take the player nominated by a rival club at your next available pick (with a 20% discount applied) and if there's a resultant points deficit that deficit is applied to the same round in following year. This is the first year the new rule is applied from memory.

They had to change the rule as GWS banked a truckload of late picks to take their Academy kids (2016 to 2017), basically getting first round talent for a bunch of third and forth rounders.

On top of this, the AFL is considering a change to the future picks rule - two years ahead, not just one.
    It's going to be pretty exciting come draft night. Every pick that isn't West after about 12 and Kamis after 25 or so will feel lke a little win.

Post Thanks / Like

West and Khamis have played too well to fly under the radar so any chance we can start some vicious rumours about their character to lower their standing with other clubs? I've heard they like to punch puppies, kick kittens and wear socks with crocs.

Post Thanks / Like

West and Khamis have played too well to fly under the radar so any chance we can start some vicious rumours about their character to lower their standing with other clubs? I've heard they like to punch puppies, kick kittens and wear socks with crocs.
    It's frustrating that at the start of the season the 3 father sons that seemed to be getting the most attention were West, Fletcher and Blakey.

Fletcher and Blakey have both been tucked way for the season with injuries whilst West remains under the spotlight dominating the TAC for Vic metro(35 contested possessions in the past 2 games alone).....

Post Thanks / Like

He'll be their next captain and is a pure gun. He can hit the scoreboard too which not many inside mids can do regularly (e.g. Macrae and Libba).
    Oh no doubt he's a stud - just that I think there is potential for his type of player, if not him specifically, to become less of a dominant asset should zoning become a factor in next year's AFL.

On the other hand, I think another flow-on effect of zones is that the gunner with horrific skills could be back - does anyone have Brett Peake's number?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

You sure? The Saints bid on Naish last year at pick 34, then Richmond had to use picks 53 and 55 the equivalent points including the discount to match the bid. So your saying they changed it for this year? I read an article in the age this year that also states

this.https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...02-p4zcxn.html

Finally found what your talking about changed in 2016 you cant hold more draft picks than spots on your primary list. https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...22-gqyilj.html

You can use two draft picks to accumulate points and then they give you an extra pick at the end of the draft. As discussed its going to be a challenge for us with a chance of us having to use potentially 4 picks on 2 players.
    Last edited by kruder; 20-06-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You sure? The Saints bid on Naish last year at pick 34, then Richmond had to use picks 53 and 55 the equivalent points including the discount to match the bid. So your saying they changed it for this year? I read an article in the age this year that also states

this.https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...02-p4zcxn.html

Finally found what your talking about changed in 2016 you cant hold more draft picks than spots on your primary list. https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...22-gqyilj.html

You can use two draft picks to accumulate points and then they give you an extra pick at the end of the draft. As discussed its going to be a challenge for us with a chance of us having to use potentially 4 picks on 2 players.
    That appears right, I think I've mis-read the points-deficit article from earlier this year, apologies.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Well that certainly makes things difficult.
    You can still delist a contracted player, if you can`t find a trade.

You then have an option to redraft (main or Rookie) or simply pay out the contract and have them move on.

For Roberts, I would definitely delist to make space and redraft as a rookie if there were no other takers.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    You can still delist a contracted player, if you can`t find a trade.

You then have an option to redraft (main or Rookie) or simply pay out the contract and have them move on.

For Roberts, I would definitely delist to make space and redraft as a rookie if there were no other takers.
    Doesn't happen very often without some sort of behavioral issue does it? When was the last time we delisted a contracted player?

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't happen very often without some sort of behavioral issue does it? When was the last time we delisted a contracted player?
    Trav Cloke had a contract for this year when we shafted him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Trav Cloke had a contract for this year when we shafted him.
    True. Probably a slightly different case though. Don't expect Roberts for example would accept that deal like Cloke did.

Post Thanks / Like

True. Probably a slightly different case though. Don't expect Roberts for example would accept that deal like Cloke did.
    He'd be mad to do that. Although he doesn't seem close to a recall to the AFL team at the moment.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.