Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've missed the game today. Was Tom played at full forward with good disposal to him, and dropped marks and missed goals. Or was he played out of position on Gawn in a blood bath?
    I only watched until just after half time, mostly ruck. I saw him in the def 50 at one stage. We know how to develop our forwards down there. LOL. May as well get rid of him, we destroying the kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've missed the game today. Was Tom played at full forward with good disposal to him, and dropped marks and missed goals. Or was he played out of position on Gawn in a blood bath?
    Wasn't at the game today & agree he is played out of position but he drops easy marks all the time wherever he is & misses easy shots at goal. Just can't see it BT. Can't see him ever turning into the player we hoped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I only watched until just after half time, mostly ruck. I saw him in the def 50 at one stage. We know how to develop our forwards down there. LOL. May as well get rid of him, we destroying the kid.
    We get a pick one KPP, we destroy him out of position, stuff his development as a forward, Barrett & co publicly flog him in the press... Why would our supporters parrot lines from anyone and not critically analyse if he has the causes and conditions to develop and succeed. I agree, the coaching panel is destroying the kid. If anyone needs trading out or retiring, it's those charged with his development at the club. Completely agree with your sentiments Gmo.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Wasn't at the game today & agree he is played out of position but he drops easy marks all the time wherever he is & misses easy shots at goal. Just can't see it BT. Can't see him ever turning into the player we hoped.
    Before he came to club Tom was 70% goal accurate (better than Lockett) in TAC, NEAFL/GWS and initially with us when played as a forward. We had a dead eye kick for goal. He didn't start missing on purpose, but under our coaches that figures dropped. Is it more rucking impacting his legs (ie feeling too heavy), bad forward skill coaching. We've coached success out of this aspect of his game. The answer lies beneath Toms current accuracy. The solution lies in reversing this ASAP, not dropping him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes 1eyedog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boyd just isnt mobile enough and his hands arent good enough to be a genuine KPF.

I guess if Bevos here long term it may be better for Tom to be elsewhere.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Im hoping Boyd retires. I just can't stand the sight of him anymore. Is a liability more often than not but not the lone ranger there.
    There's nothing like a post-game fly-off-the-handle comment to finish the night. Retire at 22....FFS.

To my eyes it's clearly a combination of not being allowed to develop in one spot, the team's horrible F50 entries, and the depression issues that kept him out of the game still affecting him.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    There's nothing like a post-game fly-off-the-handle comment to finish the night. Retire at 22....FFS.

To my eyes it's clearly a combination of not being allowed to develop in one spot, the team's horrible F50 entries, and the depression issues that kept him out of the game still affecting him.
    Lockett wouldn't get a kick with our forward set up and the skills we have. The guy doesn't have a hope. Our game plan is rubbish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Lockett wouldn't get a kick with our forward set up and the skills we have. The guy doesn't have a hope. Our game plan is rubbish.
    This. We could have the forward line from the last EJ SOO game (Lockett, Ablett, Lyon etc) and with our limited shithouse entries they'd be useless. At least in an SOO game they can crack the shits and go back to their clubs and avoid having our midfielders determine how successful their performances and careers will be.

I mean imagine you're a sales manager. The business owner told you can't select your sales staff, and if they don't do what they're meant to then your performance will be isolated and also your career will be stifled, despite these others being responsible for the function you have. That's Tom's spot in life: not in the job he knows and dependant on co-workers who aren't doing what they're meant to - and can't do anything about it. How about we don't judge his forward performance on substandard co-worker performance. Let's get him (& Schache) some standard or above standard co-workers and judge him then. If he's no good I will happily lead the chorus of 'I was wrong, sack him'. Until then 'please get him playing forward and also new co-workers to help him and team score goals'.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not the game plan, it's the players lack of skills in executing it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Coventry Lockett Dunstall would struggle with our delivery and the forward half is completely useless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I think Coventry Lockett Dunstall would struggle with our delivery and the forward half is completely useless
    Coventry would have been pretty old by that stage.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

14. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lockett kicked a lot of goals playing in worse sides.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Lockett kicked a lot of goals playing in worse sides.
    I know it’s possible to put the era in context and things like that when comparing players but St Kilda in the late 80s/early 90s were total rubbish from what I can recall and it didn’t stop Plugger from dominating.

It’s just a complete mess at the moment: we have a game plan that seems incomprehensible, we have an entire team that can’t kick and we have a forward group that by and large lacks the ability to score goals.

If Boyd and Jesse Hogan swapped spots right now, I’m certain Hogan would still have kicked more goals for us than Boyd would have for them. One is just a natural goal scoring forward, the other isn’t unless he has a huge size advantage like Boyd did in his u/18 days.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its more than that. Its forward players not being able to settle build the chemistry required, you have to work together play the angles,it makes it hard when there is a different mix at nearly every ball up. You really notice when Dickson and Redpath( I know its rare) play together they lead create space for others the forward line looks totally different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post

We give this guy far too many outs. Agree about being played out of position but what the hell does that have to do with dropping easy marks & missing easy goals from day dot at our club. Yeah he held them for a month in 2016 but other than that he never has.