Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 28 of 141 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Keep 5 & Young.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes azabob, westbulldog, N/A, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think McGovern is going to command a late first rounder, Young as good as I think he will be is only going to command a late second rounder. He can't get a game in a poor team, albeit it one with plenty of taller defenders.

Any move he makes will likely help us secure points, that's it unfortunately.
    That's not a bad way to look at it. Say MM is about pick 18, and say Young about pick 30. About a 12 pick differential. The question to Adelaide is if that 12 pick effective downgrade, is worth the upgrade from pick 8 into pick 5 (Rankine) and both players being SA boys unlikely to leave. If that top 10 upgrade is worth equal to, or more than the effective 12 pick differential in players, in the eyes of the crows list manager/recruiters then maybe they're prepared to do something. If it's not, it dies a natural death in this thread.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

My postman just rang, expect whole sale cuts and trades at whitten oval at the end of the season. Too many party boys Don’t be surprised if Biggs and Dahlhaus are elsewhere next year.

5. Thanks Twodogs, jeemak, hujsh, bulldogtragic, Mofra, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    My postman just rang, expect whole sale cuts and trades at whitten oval at the end of the season. Too many party boys Don’t be surprised if Biggs and Dahlhaus are elsewhere next year.
    SHOCKED! I mean really, are we surprised?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd personally like to keep Young. I see him as a possible athletic KPF more than a defender. He still lacks a bit of muscle atm but he is still young (not trying to be funny but if it is I'll take it). He's been played prominently in defense so far which is fine right now but I'd like to see him pushed up forward soon. He has a similar body shape to a Charlie Curnow and is a reasonable contested mark. He's no Curnow I know but given a decent run as a forward could have a good outcome. Plus we seem over stocked with defenders as well.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would see Young being at best a mid third rounder (40+), especially in a draft considered to be stronger than average. Given that, Adelaide would absolutely want more on top of 5 + Young for 8 + McGovern. Personally, if they were desperate for a top 5 pick, their two first round picks would probably get the job done and maybe a little more, depending on exactly where they and Melbourne finish. Currently they would have pick 8,11,19 and potentially McGovern/Sloane. That might end up being 8,9,12,20 and say 18ish for McGovern, which would easily get them a very early pick with plenty left over.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd imagine Redpath is in that group too.

I like Biggsy's instagram and he'll always be a GF legend but right now quite a few players have gone past him in the back half and even Roarke Smith's game against Geelong would have him ahead.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Would trading Young & 5 for McGovern & 8 fly? The crows may get a tad desperate in wanting the chance to land Rankine, and may lose McGovern no matter what, plus they land a local boy KPD off us.
    I couldn't sign off on that deal quick enough if given the opportunity. If Young has suitors now he may not have any in 12 months' time. McGovern is a known quantity and will improve ANY team in the competition, and is still very much in the right age profile with his best footy ahead of him.

Adelaide want Rankine desperately and might well be tempted to do such a deal to land the pick to get him, especially if they rate Young.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Not to diss your postie T&T, but would it really be that surprising if the fringe, out of contract defender and the guy with an all-but-confirmed offer from a rival club both left the club? Sounds like self-fulfilling prophecy, especially with a couple more probbo guys on our list in seemingly no danger.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

According to Bevo today in his press conference, Biggs is a required long term player. Who knows.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    According to Bevo today in his press conference, Biggs is a required long term player. Who knows.
    Unless he plays like he did against Port Adelaide again.

Post Thanks / Like

Does three months count as long term? It would for an injury. I guess that confirms it, he's gone.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

That's like saying the coach has the full support of the board.

17. Likes Testekill, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    does three months count as long term? It would for an injury. I guess that confirms it, he's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by axe man View Post
    that's like saying the coach has the full support of the board.
    Very funny
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That's like saying the coach has the full support of the board.
    First thing I thought too but Bevo actually seems to mean it when he says stuff like that. One thing about our coach is that he doesn't just mouth platitudes about players.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.