Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

I'm happy with Boyd spending time in the ruck. He's got decent agility and it's helping his tank build. In reality (and I think it's sometimes forgotten), a guy of Boyd's size/body makeup won't start to come into his own until 23-25 years of age. We've still got time until he gets that man-strength needed to dominate up forward. A little more patience and I think he'll get there!

2. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pedge View Post
    I'm happy with Boyd spending time in the ruck. He's got decent agility and it's helping his tank build. In reality (and I think it's sometimes forgotten), a guy of Boyd's size/body makeup won't start to come into his own until 23-25 years of age. We've still got time until he gets that man-strength needed to dominate up forward. A little more patience and I think he'll get there!
    Pretty sure he's 23 now. If not he should be next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Pretty sure he's 23 now. If not he should be next year.
    Which is kind of my point - added to that mental health battles and premiership hangover. I think he's going alright.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pedge View Post
    Agree with this. I think people forget how young Boyd is and when the big fellas actually mature. Good thinker and excellent agility as you say. Has had a couple of issues which surely can't have helped his game. Would love to see him tear it apart like the GF. I am sure he will.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Afel.com.au confirming my suspicions Roughy to go for a 6 Pick upgrade (63 into 57). So Duryea is worth a 4th rounder, Roughy a 4th round downgrade.

And:

The future of Marcus Adams is not directly tied into the Neale deal but the Western Bulldogs defender's bid to get to Brisbane could come unstuck if the Lions' negotiations on Neale and/or Beams go down to the wire.

The Bulldogs are still insisting on a pick in the 20s for Adams, who is contracted for another two years, while the Lions' second pick in the draft does not fall until No.32.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

A pick in the 20’s with no one to trade it on might just get sucked up in West/Khamis. Might be curly what happens.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Afel.com.au confirming my suspicions Roughy to go for a 6 Pick upgrade (63 into 57). So Duryea is worth a 4th rounder, Roughy a 4th round downgrade.

And:

The future of Marcus Adams is not directly tied into the Neale deal but the Western Bulldogs defender's bid to get to Brisbane could come unstuck if the Lions' negotiations on Neale and/or Beams go down to the wire.

The Bulldogs are still insisting on a pick in the 20s for Adams, who is contracted for another two years, while the Lions' second pick in the draft does not fall until No.32.
    I wonder if this works for an Adams deal

We trade Roughead and our pick 63 to the Pies for their pick 51. That values Roughead at about pick 60 which is what a lot of players being traded this year are worth.

We then trade Adams and pick 51 to Brisbane for their pick 32 and 41.

Picks 32 and 41 are valued at 996 points minus the pick 51 which is valued at 259 points equates to 737 points and values Adams at about pick 26. That should be close to our valuation

We have pick 27 to cover West, pick 32 for a player and picks 41 and 45 from a points perspective to cover a bid for Khamis.
    On the outside chance some bids for Khamis and we have to use pick 32 it still gives us pick 41 and 45 for a couple of players.

Does this work for the loss of Adams and Roughead?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So we have completed two trades so far in Sam Lloyd and Taylor Duryea. Neither player cost us a lot and they will add a bit of age and experience to a youngish list.
    The consensus is that we are now out of the running for Steven May but it appears we will probably trade Marcus Adams and of course complete the Jordan Roughead deal. There is some speculation that Roughead might have another suitor in the Crows

So based on all that, do you think we will acquire another player in a deal today or will just be swapping of draft picks to get some deals for Adams and Roughead completed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So we have completed two trades so far in Sam Lloyd and Taylor Duryea. Neither player cost us a lot and they will add a bit of age and experience to a youngish list.
    The consensus is that we are now out of the running for Steven May but it appears we will probably trade Marcus Adams and of course complete the Jordan Roughead deal. There is some speculation that Roughead might have another suitor in the Crows

So based on all that, do you think we will acquire another player in a deal today or will just be swapping of draft picks to get some deals for Adams and Roughead completed?
    I feel we really need to make a trade with the Dahl compo pick. Otherwise it will get eaten up by a bid on West. If we can flip 27 into an established player and get two picks in the 40's for Adams i'd be pretty happy. Who we can target with 27 i haven't a clue. But luckily i'm not list manager. We have BT for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder if this works for an Adams deal

We trade Roughead and our pick 63 to the Pies for their pick 51. That values Roughead at about pick 60 which is what a lot of players being traded this year are worth.

We then trade Adams and pick 51 to Brisbane for their pick 32 and 41.

Picks 32 and 41 are valued at 996 points minus the pick 51 which is valued at 259 points equates to 737 points and values Adams at about pick 26. That should be close to our valuation

We have pick 27 to cover West, pick 32 for a player and picks 41 and 45 from a points perspective to cover a bid for Khamis.
    On the outside chance some bids for Khamis and we have to use pick 32 it still gives us pick 41 and 45 for a couple of players.

Does this work for the loss of Adams and Roughead?
    Perhaps. But the reporting seems to be pick 57 for Roughy, and Power is demanding a 20's pick so we would need to cave on our demand. 7, 27, 32, 41, 45 & 63 is a strong hand.

Almost every team with a FS or academy player makes a draft points trade to take advantage of the system. It's interesting we haven't tried to do something with 27. For example, Brisbane's 41, 44 & 55 (giving 57 back) is 180 points better than holding pick 27. That helps them on a range of trades, we walk out ahead. Say Adams as straight swap for 32 if we cave.

32, 41, 44, 45, 55 - 2,112 points - that looks like the hand of a team with draft point selections. Much like Sydney's looks this year.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll shit me to tears if we decide to retain Honeychurch and then miss out on Cavarra because we wanted him as a rookie and Freo take him the pick before us. I appreciate the endeavour that Honeychurch brings and he gives it his all but he kills us as a forward and his skills are just not up to par as a midfielder.

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MASSIVE TRADING COUP just in

Pat Vezpremi has been signed by Port Melbourne
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    MASSIVE TRADING COUP just in

Pat Vezpremi has been signed by Port Melbourne
    You might be interested to know the Bulldogs* are rumoured to have signed Cam Pederson!

*The Phillip Island Bulldogs

18. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You might be interested to know the Bulldogs* are rumoured to have signed Cam Pederson!

*The Phillip Island Bulldogs
    Good one, you nearly had me there

Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio indicating Adams & Roughy likely to happen tonight.

If they're both trading on Beams, I wonder if we can wedge ourselves in the middle for something a little bit better over all.